My new little runabout

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
MrDave said:
I get to drive my da's 525i and i want one, tho i get funny looks from the police when im wearing a cap and an adidas hoody. Wonder why? How do you have this insured ?

Quinn Direct.

Im actually looking forward to the first time the police pull me over, just cause i know everything will be legit!

Im either going to go for the twin 5 spoke wheels off the sport model (the 1 with the kit), or the 17" multi spoke ones.

Ally, i shall get on it straight away then! Does it need polished everytime, or can you polish it then apply wax or something to seal it in?

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Lyons said:
Quinn Direct.

Im actually looking forward to the first time the police pull me over, just cause i know everything will be legit!

Im either going to go for the twin 5 spoke wheels off the sport model (the 1 with the kit), or the 17" multi spoke ones.

Ally, i shall get on it straight away then! Does it need polished everytime, or can you polish it then apply wax or something to seal it in?

you about over the weekend mate? Jordanstown/Knocknagoney/bangor??

barry1783

RMS Regular
very nice, careful with bigger alloys though as they will change the ride quality significantly. I suspect i am the only one here who would stick with the standard wheels.

barry1783

RMS Regular
Oh - and t-cut to remove the sticky residue from the badges, and remember to put a couple of coats of polish on after.

djlee_dj

RMS Regular
Drives
18s ruined the comfort on my old BM.

dare say yours would pull it off a little better tho

try drive one with 17s/18s fitted before hand .... seeing as your all ''about comfort''

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
barry1783 said:
very nice, careful with bigger alloys though as they will change the ride quality significantly. I suspect i am the only one here who would stick with the standard wheels.

Even 17's? I was afraid of this but thought 17's would be ok.

Andy, ill be in Bangor tomorrow afternoon.

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
I'm sure it all depends on the profile of tyre you choose with the new alloys?

Jason

RMS Regular
any recent bm's iv been in have been quite harsh, Z4 on 18s was a little harsh, m3 on 19s was fine tho, 5 series on 18s was fine (new shape one) and other nite a 4.8lt X5 on 20's was pure comfort! was in all of them in the past week too

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Lyons said:
Even 17's? I was afraid of this but thought 17's would be ok.

Andy, ill be in Bangor tomorrow afternoon.

Text me..."should" have my spoiler back by tomorrow afternoon

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Just noticed this myself, nice one lyons, a better buy than the 7 series imo, looks great in black! I was never fussed on the beige dashes but love the cream leather! Really nice cars these, my mum had an e39 touring and it was fantastic for long journeys.

Will be lovely when you get some OE 17s.. my mums had the 17" 7spoke rims they suited it down to the ground. We actually had two spares, but I threw them in a skip 6 months ago :oops: They aren't harsh in the slightest though, so I wouldn't worry about a reduction in ride quality...

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Cheers Scrob. Reassuring to hear that about the ride quality from someone thats actually experienced it.

Any pictures of your mums wheels?

Its Orient Blue by the way too :p.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Aforementioned rims (crap pics!):

8001BMW.jpg

bmw_530d.jpg

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Lyons said:
Its Orient Blue by the way too .

Woops, even nicer again! :p

Good to see you went for the facelift model too, much nicer finished :grinning:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Aye, im condisering those rims too! Harder to find but.

These are top of my list at present, unless i can find those ones.

radial2.jpg

Wouldnt have gone for a non face lift model, totally makes the car.

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
Lyons said:
Aye, im condisering those rims too! Harder to find but.

These are top of my list at present, unless i can find those ones.

radial2.jpg

Wouldnt have gone for a non face lift model, totally makes the car.

That car sits nicely (y)

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
Lovely car, and dont worry about ride comfort on 17s/18s, mums e39 sport is so comfortable to drive but yet still stays very stable. I would love to own one some day.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Harry, any photos of your mums? Id love 18" M Parallel's, but would be too afeared of buying that size unless i sat in an e39 with them.

djlee, produce me a link...

MrDave

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E39
18s are fine on them ,Ive had a go in one with 18s on and it seemed to handle fine actually didn't get to drive it tho.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.