New Arrangements for Taxing and Registering Vehicles

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

TheWorx

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus ST
For transferring a plate, where it says to send a valid MOT i take it just the actual MOT disc is enough?

Bryan

RMS Regular
wow Bryan - something actually went right for you!

Tell me about it.

The only criticism I have of the process is that the MOT certificate came back with a stamp and a hand written registration on it. Coleraine generally reprinted the MOT certificate with the new registration. Other than that it was very speedy.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Well then, I've f***ed it up

You might be ok, but when Lindsay's sorted my cherished transfer, they sent off a copy of my insurance, the mot cert for the Fiesta and the Focus, the tax disc from the Fiesta, both log books and two cheques one for 80 for the transfer fee, and another for 220 for tax on the Focus. About 10 days later I received both tax books with the new reg numbers and me as new keeper for the Focus, new tax disc for the Fiesta, tax for the Focus and new mot certs and disc's for both cars.

Gambit

RMS Regular
ive sent my details of to DVLA regarding surrendering the current NI registration in hope of getting back the original english plate

Cover Letter re: surrender of reg
V5C
Mot Disc & Certificate
Photocopy of tax disc

all sent off - so sit back and fingers crossed it all goes smoothly (y)

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
From being in ingerland a lot and having to get them to sort stuff before, easy stuff works well, anything out of the ordinary results in system error.
Couple of years back I sold an english registered car that I had registered over here (keeping the original reg). When he went to register it back over there, it took 2 months to get sorted and he had to present the (as yet untaxed) car twice. Once to a DVLA local office 30 miles away from him and then again at a more local gov MOT centre.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Dvlni weren't exactly hot on that either.

Just renewed the wife's tax online there. Absolute gift. Why did we not have this 10 years ago???

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
Mrs is buying a Golf and wants her reg off her old Ka. Can this all be done in one go and be sent off with the tax book for the Golf or does it have to be returned first and then sort reg transfer?

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Well a few years back yes that's true but going into the office usually resulted in a straightforward transaction. My (perhaps unfounded) fear is that because in the age of progress and rapid communications, there's nobody to talk to and so fairly simple shiz becomes a right mare. I honestly hope I'm wrong.

How much is wifetax these days?..:p

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Mrs is buying a Golf and wants her reg off her old Ka. Can this all be done in one go and be sent off with the tax book for the Golf or does it have to be returned first and then sort reg transfer?

I did this recently, sent both V5s for change of ownership and reg transfer, MOT, TAX discs, insurance cert and £80 all sent. Also for good measure I put in a letter saying what I needed done incase they only did part of it. Came back a week later all done right in the middle of their move so i am very pleased :laughing:

PhilGT_2008

RMS Regular
Mine up soon. Looking forward to try it out online. Thank goodness the draconian system we had has finally been sorted.

K55

RMS Regular
To be fair phoning them was handy enough as long as you got through quickly.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Which NEVER happened lol.

Indeed, I think the last few times I did it I needed to constantly redial for at least 20 mins. Retaxed the wife's car last week online and the tax disk arrived a couple of days later.

Looking forward to direct debit and no more physical disks!

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
I agree, I cant wait for the DD. I just hope they wont add interest on for paying that way..

pablo

RMS Moderator
likely a little extra. I heard 5% mentioned but not sure if thats for DD or Credit card payments.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
likely a little extra. I heard 5% mentioned but not sure if thats for DD or Credit card payments.

I was under the impression that you get 5% discount compared to paying 6 monthly but still not as cheap as paying 12 months in one go.

I can live with that.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.