New Arrangements for Taxing and Registering Vehicles

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gambit

RMS Regular
I was under the impression that you get 5% discount compared to paying 6 monthly but still not as cheap as paying 12 months in one go.

I can live with that.

pulled from here:- http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/car-buyers-guide/cbg_roadtax.html

Budget 2014

It was announced in the Budget that Vehicle Excise Duty Rates will increase by RPI indexation. The new rates are shown in the table.

In addition the Chancellor announced the introduction of a rolling 40 year VED exemption for classic vehicles from 1 April 2014.

The Chancellor also confirmed the introduction of legislation to allow motorists to pay VED from 1 October 2014 by direct debit annually, biannually or monthly with a 5% surcharge for biannual and monthly payments.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
This is the first I've heard of this Swansea malarky ! I sold my car last week and sent the v5 form to the address at the bottom (Coleraine) will it get redirected to Swansea ?

Minikid

RMS Regular
Drives
Choopay
It claims it doesn't recognise my car when trying to tax online ?

Gaz_DC5

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A7
I have a reg on retention that I bought from Wilson's Auctions a few months ago. Does anyone have any idea how I will fair when I send it off to Swansea to get onto my new car?

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
I wonder how you go about asking for a NI plate on your car now when moving it from a mainland plate

ToDoRon

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CB500f
Taxing online is brilliant should've brought it in years ago instead of risking a parking ticket outside the tax office. Though from October if you're buying a used car you have to add tax to the price as any tax already on the car (or bike) gets refunded back to the owner. Will that make used prices go down or up?

TheWorx

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus ST
Sent my stuff away last Thursday for getting a private plate put on the car. Received a new v5 today with the new reg on it, but no Tax/MOT disc or the letter saying I can put it on the car.
Reckon i can put the plate on or do I need to wait for the other stuff coming.
Supposedly should have got the tax/mot and letter within 2 weeks and the v5 then follows 4-6 weeks later :confounded:

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
If the reg book has the new reg on it then I would put it on... cant be 100% though.

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
I'm sure they got their post redirected. Sent tax book off to Swansea this week. Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long because need to do a reg transfer when it gets back

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
That happened to me as well when I tried to tax the car at a Post Office a couple of weeks ago. When I rang Swansea they just told me to bring my V5 to the Post Office along with all the other usual docs and they taxed it. A bit of an inconvenience but not newsworthy ffs.

brendy

RMS Regular
Monthly DD will help too, Id dare say a lot of parked up sorned 06- V6 and V8 motors might be hitting the roads again too as monthly makes it a lot more affordable.

J-VW

RMS Regular
done my tax for the 32 online on Monday. Disc arrived today, very handy

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
I was asked this earlier as the woman needs her new car (2nd hand) for work - when registering a car to a new owner, it is possible to get a 6month or 12month car tax disc there and then isn't it? I mean, show the MOT, the insurance, fill in a new keepers form and hey presto? My understanding is that there are only some post offices that can do this service but most others can do standard tax renewal.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I taxed the corsa onlineon Sunday. They adjusted the tax to take into account the new engine and I received the tax disc four days after doing it online. Can't complain about the ease of the process, and hopefully it'll continue to be as straightforward.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.