New Arrangements for Taxing and Registering Vehicles

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
This is the first I've heard of this Swansea malarky ! I sold my car last week and sent the v5 form to the address at the bottom (Coleraine) will it get redirected to Swansea ?

Got confirmation letter today ! Phew. Just waiting for my new V5 , and considering i actually posted it to the right place it should be ok ;)

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
It has taken 5 weeks, for swansea to send me cheques out for tax I have cashed in.

I sent it recorded delivery, because they have already lost documents on us.

I have had nothing but trouble with them, its a complete and utter joke that we have to deal with those on the mainland.

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
27 days for a tax refund and they jew'd me outta a month also when it was posted 22nd June and they have processed it for during August.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Taxed mine last night simple enough with the logbook but where is the 16 digit number on the renewal letter. Also my boss tried to un-sorn his FTO by taxing it at the post office no can do he had to phone Wales

colin84

RMS Regular
Taxed mine last night simple enough with the logbook but where is the 16 digit number on the renewal letter. Also my boss tried to un-sorn his FTO by taxing it at the post office no can do he had to phone Wales

He should just try taxing it online.

pablo

RMS Moderator

I unsorned, registered a new keeper, and taxed the 924 in the belfast PO.

you can unsorn online too iirc.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
I unsorned, registered a new keeper, and taxed the 924 in the belfast PO.

you can unsorn online too iirc.
He went to the one on the corner of high and bridge street and they said no can do and told him to phone Swansea. He got it sorted on the phone only took a matter of minutes. How long had the porker been on sorn for?

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Trying to Tax her car online. She can't remember were she has left the log book but on the website it is asking for a 16 digit reference from the V11 form. We have this but it is a V11(NI) and there is no 16 digit number anywhere on it ???

Naturally the office only works mon-fri so can't call.
Am I missing something here? (apart from her tax book !!!!)

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Trying to Tax her car online. She can't remember were she has left the log book but on the website it is asking for a 16 digit reference from the V11 form. We have this but it is a V11(NI) and there is no 16 digit number anywhere on it ???

Naturally the office only works mon-fri so can't call.
Am I missing something here? (apart from her tax book !!!!)

Couldn't find it on mine either, but I am more organised than you and had the log book :p

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
And it didn't work, going well this :sob:
Why what happened I done mine last night and it was grand. You did put in the numbers above the yellow buyer beware box and not the ones in the white circle at the top right ok

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Not sure, got the numbers ok processed the payment then it came up there was an authorisation issue and to call a number shown which states they are open Saturday until 17:30. Called that and it says they are closed :worried:

Should add, it's not a bank issue as we called them to make sure.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Yea, ah well never to worry will just call them on monday instead.

Gambit

RMS Regular
ive sent my details of to DVLA regarding surrendering the current NI registration in hope of getting back the original english plate

Cover Letter re: surrender of reg
V5C
Mot Disc & Certificate
Photocopy of tax disc

all sent off - so sit back and fingers crossed it all goes smoothly (y)
*sigh* paperwork arrived at dvla on 1st Aug, sent recorded delivery, rang on 20th as hadnt heard anything, got letter today saying thanks for your call but seemingly the application & documentation has been lost :worried: now have a v62 to fill in and send back

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
*sigh* paperwork arrived at dvla on 1st Aug, sent recorded delivery, rang on 20th as hadnt heard anything, got letter today saying thanks for your call but seemingly the application & documentation has been lost :worried: now have a v62 to fill in and send back
You should post it to Coleraine :p

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
Does anyone know if you need to send your MOT disc off to Swansea with the other docs to get a new reg assigned? Cant see online anywhere and the form is obviously mainland based which dont have MOT discs!

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Does anyone know if you need to send your MOT disc off to Swansea with the other docs to get a new reg assigned? Cant see online anywhere and the form is obviously mainland based which dont have MOT discs!
Take a photocopy/display it on your car and send the original?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.