New Defender Details Leaked

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Interesting 🧐 likely cost a complete fortune if it went ahead so destined for the Malone rd school run......... I think it looks awesome

New Land Rover Defender SVR to take on Mercedes-AMG G 63 with 500bhp

"The new, hot Land Rover Defender SVR will get a BMW-sourced 4.4-litre twin-turbo V8, and our exclusive images preview how it could look

A running prototype of the hot Defender already exists at Land Rover’s engineering base in Gaydon, Warwickshire. JLR’s Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) division is likely to be heavily involved in the vehicle that is set to rival Mercedes-AMG’s iconic 577bhp G 63. It’s expected to be called Defender SVR, following the lead of the Range Rover Sport SVR and Range Rover SV-Autobiography cars"

73F205B9-E748-4AEF-825C-8D58409E1A5D.jpeg

2B76B9E9-36C7-4E45-9120-7E0F25B7F277.jpeg

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Had a look around the new defender this morning and have to say I'm impressed! 2 litre, 110 body in silver. Will try and get a few photos. Quality is definatly a step up in JLR standards imo, and the way the company is heading which is a good thing, as the recent evoque and discosport both seem to be better quality than older models. I can see them being popular, dispite the prices!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Interesting 🧐 likely cost a complete fortune if it went ahead so destined for the Malone rd school run......... I think it looks awesome

New Land Rover Defender SVR to take on Mercedes-AMG G 63 with 500bhp

"The new, hot Land Rover Defender SVR will get a BMW-sourced 4.4-litre twin-turbo V8, and our exclusive images preview how it could look

A running prototype of the hot Defender already exists at Land Rover’s engineering base in Gaydon, Warwickshire. JLR’s Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) division is likely to be heavily involved in the vehicle that is set to rival Mercedes-AMG’s iconic 577bhp G 63. It’s expected to be called Defender SVR, following the lead of the Range Rover Sport SVR and Range Rover SV-Autobiography cars"

View attachment 254363
View attachment 254362

That’s basically a Disco 4 with a few more lines on it. I would say it’s similar to the 5, but they’ve a horrendous rear, though it should have been as square as what the Defender is.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Just drove past one in the wild, on the Ormeau Rd. Nice presence, looked quite purposeful. Chunkier in person than I thought.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Saw one last week for the first time. Was in a dark colour, looked really really well. It's a chunky thing, no mistake.

Grenadier 😅 😅 😅 That is basically the worst of all worlds. Oh, and "British", right? Designed in Austria, using German parts, and built in France 😁😁😁

That's assuming it's ever actually built. Which it won't be.

Brexit in a nutshell right there :joy:

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v

Well INEOS have essentially an endless supply of money so if the boss man wants to build them they will be built. Even if they only built them to supply their own employees with company cars they would still build thousands of them.

Mark_D

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender 90 XS
Saw one last week for the first time. Was in a dark colour, looked really really well. It's a chunky thing, no mistake.

Grenadier 😅 😅 😅 That is basically the worst of all worlds. Oh, and "British", right? Designed in Austria, using German parts, and built in France 😁😁😁

Brexit in a nutshell right there :joy:
I might create another user account just to be able to like this again.😂

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Well INEOS have essentially an endless supply of money so if the boss man wants to build them they will be built. Even if they only built them to supply their own employees with company cars they would still build thousands of them.

Just like old Dyson then. Oh, hang on... :innocent:😅

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I seen a few of these over the weekend in the Port. Have to say, they really look the part. I'd love one.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
He's like a real life Alan Partridge :innocent:

A wee bit biased some of those tests but yes, the new one can do it.

But which would be more fun though?

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
He's like a real life Alan Partridge :innocent:

A wee bit biased some of those tests but yes, the new one can do it.

But which would be more fun though?
I'd always be worried that a slight mishap would be major money to repair in the new one.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Oh it would. Nobody will take their £50k new Defender anywhere other than dropping the kids at school and pick up the shopping :innocent:

Just nice to know it could if it wanted to 😁

Artoir

RMS Regular
OP
Artoir
Drives
V8/V6
In fairness the most work the majority of the older Defenders on the road these days is a dump run at the weekend 🤭

Dave..

RMS Regular
I saw a YouTube video and their new Defender with 200 miles had the check engine light on and had to go back to the dealer.