New New Top Gear Season 2 Ep 1 BBC2 Tonight

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Hands up if you've built one of these on the configurator

Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 21.37.34.png

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Still don't like the guest part of the show, apart from that it was great. I really like the challenge segments.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Never seen past the window An went of f**k haha
I know top gear was setup but somehow I don't think that was meant
You know by his reaction that wasn't planned lol

There was an episode of FifthGear where they were comparing the New skoda superb and BMW 3 series. He was testing the quality of the dash by banging a hammer on it and in the skoda it bounced up and smashed the windscreen lol, his reaction was priceless.

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Enjoyed it with a few lads round like old times.

Very little Stig though? Wasn't much of a return :confounded:

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Enjoyed it with a few lads round like old times.

Very little Stig though? Wasn't much of a return :confounded:
I actually think they are totally missing a trick there. The episode in St Petersburg was one of the best ever and the Stig became the unlikely star. Given 'he' is the BBC's intellectual property I thought it would have made sense to utilise that as best they could, some sort of character continuity if you like.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Another good episode, still liking the comparative lack of Stig too. Having the guest on for a good bit but not having it dedicated to the guest is also good.

I think it's goodness has been inflated by the Evans version (what I could stomach watching of it) being even worse than expected, and the Grand Tour being a bit mediocre with the odd shine of great content.

Harris is very good in my opinion, clearly intelligent and tends not to talk out of his arse which likely doesn't sit well with some which is fair enough.

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Hands up if you've built one of these on the configurator

View attachment 140091

I hope these are well built because in 10+ years I want one. Even aside from how it goes, it's the first car I've lusted after in years. Those repayments on a new one are frightening though! There's about 40-50 grand of depreciation to happen before I can afford one!

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
I actually think they are totally missing a trick there. The episode in St Petersburg was one of the best ever and the Stig became the unlikely star. Given 'he' is the BBC's intellectual property I thought it would have made sense to utilise that as best they could, some sort of character continuity if you like.
I think they are trying to make Top Gear their own which seems to be relying less on the old tropes and focusing on the new presenters and a rejigged format. I'm only watching now but the Alfa segment was excellent, and staged or otherwise, taking apart the Harris ego a bit and giving him a decent challenge was smart writing.

The studio segment still feels slightly awkward but I see potential in that too. It certainly doesn't seem to drag. Just started the 'Hangover' segment, and Harris having a dig at Lambo - I see that's a grudge he still bears!

RolyaT

RMS Regular
Drives
people mad
Caught the last half hour of last nights show, quite enjoyed it with the lambo and Porsche. The missus commented on the awkward comedy between the two during those scenes but I didn't mind it, would be a hard choice for me trying to pick between the two cars!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
There's absolutely no banter out of Rory at all. Is he afraid of Leblanc chinning him or something?

Oh and forgetting the damage done to the Alfa for a moment but the Lamborghini and Porsche being driven at 80mph in neutral? Can't have done the gearboxes much good. Then there was the Lamborghini getting cut to pieces with all the airvents stuffed full of snow lol. Rash :grinning:

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
The whole concept is totally played out.

The set up was good when the original 3, now its done. Needs a complete overhaul or scrap it.

Le Blanc is a tit too

NotKG

Banned
There's absolutely no banter out of Rory at all. Is he afraid of Leblanc chinning him or something?

Oh and forgetting the damage done to the Alfa for a moment but the Lamborghini and Porsche being driven at 80mph in neutral? Can't have done the gearboxes much good. Then there was the Lamborghini getting cut to pieces with all the airvents stuffed full of snow lol. Rash :grinning:

how? theyre in neutral.
it's not a torque converter

KevM

RMS Regular
Withthe engine running, the pumps would be active and the cooling would still be effective.

No harm done!

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Actually really enjoyed that episode, couldn't believe Harris damaged the Alfa his face was priceless and him taking the celebrity's for a lap and shouting at them in the car is getting a little tedious. I thought the US road trip was great, the Huracan convertible was gorgeous apart from the wheels lol

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.