New Top Gear presenters....

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I like chris and matt together - as said, rory is useless and is portrayed as a dummy on the show I think.

Chris' talent is wasted I think, I would love to see him review more cars than these stupid challenges but I guess that's how top gear has just evolved.

I will still watch it but I will prefer to watch Carfection/Driven/Donut Media/Drive Tribe on youtube

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
I like chris and matt together - as said, rory is useless and is portrayed as a dummy on the show I think.

Chris' talent is wasted I think, I would love to see him review more cars than these stupid challenges but I guess that's how top gear has just evolved.

I will still watch it but I will prefer to watch Carfection/Driven/Donut Media/Drive Tribe on youtube

agreed, I think they are damaging Chris's name and rep long term. Think I seen an advert with Him farting in the back of a car and wet willing Matt. He imo is a motoring journalist, the piece he did in the hanger with all the old cars was awesome. You could see the petrolhead and passion, his scripting in TG is poor and he comes across as a bit of a simpleton at times.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's not a car show, lol! :joy:

It's an entertainment show that happens to have cars in it!

Want to hear about boot space or fuel economy or stat tables or 'Ring times or tyre tests or whatever, buy Which? magazine or find some beard on Facetube.

Just watched the last episode, I thought it was fine. Love Chris and Matt together, Matt is superb in the challenges. Ok, he's basically repeating Joey, lol, but so many little things if you pay attention.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Joey is Matt, Matt is Joey :joy:

I loved Joey, the best character by far. And Matt works really well too. He will be hard to replace.

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
Tonight’s episode was very good.

The Bentley Conintental part with Matt and Chris tickled me, awkward Rory was semi-bearable in the Megane RS and I was smiling the entire way through the GT2RS test (what an amazing and bonkers car). Skipped past the star in the car part as usual.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Tonight’s episode was very good.

The Bentley Conintental part with Matt and Chris tickled me, awkward Rory was semi-bearable in the Megane RS and I was smiling the entire way through the GT2RS test (what an amazing and bonkers car). Skipped past the star in the car part as usual.
Top gear extra is featuring it.

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
I thought Rory did ok until he ruined it at the end with the cardboard body kit. Not a great episode IMO

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
3C6BE270-E5F3-4A0D-9187-21DBF813FD06.jpeg

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Serious piece of kit...........if you want to go racing. I feel the same about the GT2 as I do about super/hyper cars............nice to look at, wouldn't mind a run in one, but dont think I'd like to own one, they're just a bit useless for our/UK roads.
I'd have the Bentley . :grinning:

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
I hate Chris Harris on TG. I knew it before he started but a ****ing dishcloth has twice the personality.

Alright, I don’t know him personally and he is probably sound in real life, he knows cars and can steer, I would undoubtedly trust his judgement on a new supercar if I was in the market for one and he is a car nut so I would probably enjoy a pint with him...... but he is also such an insufferable, boring drip on that show. He was always the same, but it was terrible casting to place someone of his personality on the show.

And the cupped fart & wet willy shenanigans this week....... A crap, scripted and poorly portrayed way to try and add some character to a car reviewing robot.

It kind of infuriates me.

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
He's a brilliant motoring journalist, but not the right fit for what Top Gear has become, or at least what's expected of Top Gear.

Reactions: dub

MagicRat

RMS Regular
Drives
JapScrap
I hate Chris Harris on TG. I knew it before he started but a ****ing dishcloth has twice the personality.

Alright, I don’t know him personally and he is probably sound in real life, he knows cars and can steer, I would undoubtedly trust his judgement on a new supercar if I was in the market for one and he is a car nut so I would probably enjoy a pint with him...... but he is also such an insufferable, boring drip on that show. He was always the same, but it was terrible casting to place someone of his personality on the show.

And the cupped fart & wet willy shenanigans this week....... A crap, scripted and poorly portrayed way to try and add some character to a car reviewing robot.

It kind of infuriates me.
Well said that man. I feckin hate Chris Harris. I first heard of him years ago via Pistonheads where he has a massive, obsessive, cultish following. He then started doing some work for Pistonheads and I found him to be a first class d1ckhead, I couldn't stand his presenting style.

I watched the first two episodes of Top Gear when Chris Evans, Harris and Joey took over and I haven't watched it since. I didn't like Evans, Harris I can't stand and Joey was a bit lost. There's no doubting Harris' driving abilities but that doesn't make him qualified to be on an entertainment show that's based around cars.

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Well said that man. I feckin hate Chris Harris. I first heard of him years ago via Pistonheads where he has a massive, obsessive, cultish following. He then started doing some work for Pistonheads and I found him to be a first class d1ckhead, I couldn't stand his presenting style.

I watched the first two episodes of Top Gear when Chris Evans, Harris and Joey took over and I haven't watched it since. I didn't like Evans, Harris I can't stand and Joey was a bit lost. There's no doubting Harris' driving abilities but that doesn't make him qualified to be on an entertainment show that's based around cars.

Brother from another mother :cool:8-|

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just watched it today, pretty much as expected, didn't mind it at all.

Even watched the "celebrity" part, mainly because for once it was someone I actually knew who they were :joy: Love Gregory Porter, great musician and always comes across as genuine and humble.

The GT2 is just nuts, lol :innocent: But if you need a gazillion electronic brains to help drive the thing then you have to wonder what's the point.

Couldn't care less about the Bentley but I must drive that road! Feel a Spanish road trip on the cards :cool: