Nice car suggestions Petrol only.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Thanks everyone for their suggestions but I need cars in NI that I can look at first of all.
Not currently that I can see. They do pop up every so often though; Roadside Garage in Coleraine had one that I took for a test drive last year.
Was it nice to drive?

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Is it just me or is almost every option so far posted like a case of, nah, I’d rather keep the money?

Would you get something decent brand new on a 2 year contract then rinse and repeat in a couple of years time? I dunno what it’s like at that end of the market but can’t imagine it would be easy to shift on an almost 6 figure car if you didn’t gel with it…not to mention potential depreciation on the less exclusive marques

ahannigan

RMS Regular
Drives
Bullitt
Thanks everyone for their suggestions but I need cars in NI that I can look at first of all.

Was it nice to drive?

Silly fast and honestly handled extremely well for something supposed to be an SUV. Sound was a little disappointing given it's engine but I think there are aftermarket valve controllers that help with that.

Was a little smaller than I expected it to be, they can be really nicely finished inside though and it was comfortable, had adjustable suspension etc. If I was in the market for a fast SUV I'd find them hard to look past. They have nice road presence and there isn't one on every corner.

Chris100

RMS Regular
£90k, would have to be a:

Coupe = Aston Martin Vantage or 911
SUV = Cayenne GTS or X5M
Saloon = M5 or M3
Wildcard = Nissan GTR

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Metal detector at the ready.

IMG_6127.png

azzamut

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo ,GS430
I don't normally comment in any threads about what cars, because my taste is quirky to say the least.

but surely at 90k it has to be ferrari, bentley, Aston or Lambo ?

is there more to it, convertible, saloon, rwd, 4wd?

davyk31

RMS Regular
New model Range Rover feels a very special place to sit and some very decent engines too. Nice and easy to get in and out of.

Other than that it has to be Porsche. All the M3, X5M etc are no doubt great cars but don’t look special at all.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
New model Range Rover feels a very special place to sit and some very decent engines too. Nice and easy to get in and out of.

Other than that it has to be Porsche. All the M3, X5M etc are no doubt great cars but don’t look special at all.
The new Range Rover is to expensive although Hursts have 5+ cancelled orders sitting in Belfast.
I spoke to them this morning about a v8 Defender but they weren’t really interested unless it was a diesel.
Francie Morgan should have somethmg you can test drive and narrow your scope.........or widen it ?

Good idea, I will have a look at his stock. Thanks

davyk31

RMS Regular
Hurst can be very dependant on which salesman you get. Bound to be deals on cancelled orders or buy one a year or two old would be below your budget.
That said about Range Rovers, the V8 Defenders also sound great.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
One of those near me, they aren't as impressive looking in the metal, although one near me has yellow stitching and piping in the seats iirc

big cyril

RMS Regular
Some lovely stuff in this thread. If I was in the fortunate position to be spending £90k, a major consideration would be will it shed £35k of my hard earned in the first year?

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Some lovely stuff in this thread. If I was in the fortunate position to be spending £90k, a major consideration would be will it shed £35k of my hard earned in the first year?
I plan on keeping it for 3-4 years although my wife laughs when I say this 😂🤷‍♂️

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
If you can’t immediately think what to spend 90k on, maybe it doesn’t need spent 🤷‍♂️. You could spend a lot less and have a lot more fun on something cheaper. Maybe do a few holidays? Buy a camper van? Give me 50k and spend 40k on a car?

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
I was reading through everyone’s suggestions and there are lots of wow cars.
I think my idea of a wow car is something like a raptor or a v8 suv Merc with a noisy exhaust. I need something fun.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Define fun…. Because driving on our roads these days is not fun. They are in **** state. What about something cheap for the track?

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
If you can’t immediately think what to spend 90k on, maybe it doesn’t need spent 🤷‍♂️. You could spend a lot less and have a lot more fun on something cheaper. Maybe do a few holidays? Buy a camper van? Give me 50k and spend 40k on a car?
We have a cat and a dog and don’t plan on any holidays anytime soon. I prefer being at home. I started with a £60k budget but I soon raised it. I agree it is easy to get carried away.
Define fun…. Because driving on our roads these days is not fun. They are in **** state. What about something cheap for the track?
Fun for me is going off road while metal detecting. I have no interest in track days.