Nickyyy's Ibis White Audi R8

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
Fantastico, great when people willing to spend their cash rather than hide it!

I'm in ballymena everyday so I hope to see this about.

Last edited:

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
OP
Nickyyy
Drives
RS6 / DC2
Good man - 25 and owning an R8 - you can do it Nicky :cool:
If you can't get a ride driving that jaw dropper you may give up!

Hahahaha! Thankfully I've never had to use my cars to get the ride, that's what the puppy is for :joy: oj

I always think black wheels is a bit Birmingham spec, but yes I agree, it's an R8- I'd be happy to have 1 with rainbow wheels.

The car came from Birmingham so you'd be right, although it has spent time in the North before, has a few stamps from Belfast Audi

Awesome Nicky ! well done mate. A friend has an R8 that he has had since almost new and he doesn't use it as a daily but says every time he does it amazes him just how good it is. Plus its prob worth more now than what he paid for it !

Fantastic buy !

Thanks! Yeah I was originally looking at M4s, Caymans and 991 911's, while I think the 991 would've been relatively safe it was a lot up front and a lot a month, which while I could afford it would've left me tight every month, the R8s were 77K new and in 10 years haven't depreciated half their value, so for me it was the right choice financially and in terms of the type of car I was looking for.

Whats the insurance like compared to the M3 @Nickyyy

It was actually cheaper to switch the first time I quoted but when I went to change it cost 11 quid to swap, M3s are notoriously difficult to insure, Greenlight AFAIK won't even touch them.

Fair play @Nickyyy - absolutely mental but definitely the correct attitude. You don't know whats round the corner, at least you can always say you done it.

Exactly, I knew if I bought property now I'd always lament the time I could've owned a supercar, I'm single too and I'm needy so I don't think I'd wanna move out on my own haha

Fantastico willing to spend their cash rather than hide it!

I'm in ballymena everyday so I hope to see this about.

Hopefully! I live in Belfast ATM but due to my housemate moving south I'll be back in Ballymena for a few months at the end of July until I get somewhere/one else sorted

Cheers for all the comments lads, I still can't believe I own it to be honest, I was up at the port last night for a meal and after I decided to take a quick drive through the promenade, crazy the amount of people looking and stopping to take pics.

Anyone know any good metal polishers, I want to get my knob a good wet sanding and then refined up to as new condition, if not I'll probably improvise with a drill.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
I've now had more time to check this out.

B
odywork seems in great condition.
Alloys in black wouldn't be my first choice.
Side blades in carbon are lovely.
Trim looks like new.
Alcantara wheel looks fantastic.
Registration plate will set that off nicely.
Don't crash it.

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
Unreal weapon and fair play for going for it. There will be no end of women looking to wet sand the knob driving that i would say.

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
That looks class mate! I see Jonny bought my old m3 back off ya too haha. Enjoy it and keep it between the hedges. (y):cool:

There will be some come down when you do buy a house though! :joy:

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
upload_2017-6-26_17-8-23.png

Love the gate, pure 80s arcade racer. Health to enjoy. An R8 and GTR were 'spend a bit more' alternatives to the Lotus (that was already well out of budget). Keep 'er lit!

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Bet you keep peeking out the house window to look at it! Looking forward to a run in it some time. Not jealous at all, I Wudnt have the balls to actually buy one. Fair play!