Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R - Single Turbo Conversion *OEM-ness PG4*

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
IMG_0925.JPG
IMG_0926.JPG
IMG_0927.JPG

So finally got my heat shield. The older 'Trust' item is a standard finish and i was looking into ways of polishing it up... well, I got lucky it turns out the new GReddy one is a polished finish already! It's like a mirror, happy days!

RHDJapan.com have updated on the status of the order to say all my NISMO bits are ready for shipping but just waiting on the replacement VSpec decal at the rear to come into stock on the 28th before the ship the whole lot.

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
So I placed another separate order... but got an email back from RHDJapan. It's for a Kansai Strut Brace (formley know as HKS Strut Brace).

I really want it as it's awesome but got an email today say it's on back order until April :worried:

Unsure what to do, might check some UK dealers and see if they have any in stock. Here is the same one installed on another car below:

IMG_0954.PNG

Last edited:

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
Great write up mayte great car @Modmedia , I've recently got into the modifying bug again too with my (Nickyyy's) Alpine White E92 4.0 V8 M3 M Sport, bought a set of Bosch Wipers for it using @Mickylad (thanks mayte)'s Halfords discount card. great upgrade, would recommend their service to anyone. Check out my build for newly washed pics of my car

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
Great write up mayte great car @Modmedia , I've recently got into the modifying bug again too with my (Nickyyy's) Alpine White E92 4.0 V8 M3 M Sport, bought a set of Bosch Wipers for it using @Mickylad (thanks mayte)'s Halfords discount card. great upgrade, would recommend their service to anyone. Check out my build for newly washed pics of my car

Lmao you ****er!

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
You from/ever be in Armagh. Think it was st paddy's day last year was a few cars behind a silver gtr at a set of lights and could hear it over the top of the lorry engine noise

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
You from/ever be in Armagh. Think it was st paddy's day last year was a few cars behind a silver gtr at a set of lights and could hear it over the top of the lorry engine noise

Not usually anywhere near Armagh but that long ago I could have been there, possibly, lol

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
So I took a mad notion to sell it and even advertised it. I was tempted with an R35 GTR. It was surprising how many messages I received from R35 owners telling me they had owned both and not to do it. So I came to my senses and removed the advert.

Anyway... my brace arrived a bit earlier than expected and is now on the car along with all the NISMO pieces I bought.

Engine bay coming along a lot better now but still way off where I want it.

IMG_0273.JPG

Last edited:

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
Is my daily allowed on this thread? I tried some Naviwax on it, so it's at least part JDM? Haha.

IMG_0294.JPG

Anyway, that's enough of that diesel nonsense lol! Next thing on the list for the GTR is to sort the small water leak in the boot. Is there any 90/early 00s Jap car doesn't that doesn't bloody leak in the boot at some stage?! So all the trim is currently stripped out at the back completely to get a good look at it. Rear lights seem to be partly to blame so they got sorted but there is a small one trickling down through the 22 year old seam sealer. It's very small but annoying so will be getting sorted!

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
Tail lights,seam sealer and bottom of rear window all leak. Seal the lot when at it. There is a small panel at bottom of rear screen remove it and seal away. Put a dap of sealer on each screw hole to before building up again. Sorted....

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
Well... despite my previous post and despite it being no longer advertised, A PM from a very well known RMS member (I'll leave it to him if he wants to make himself known) has resulted in me finally letting go of the GTR. I've had it longer than I've owned any car and loved every minute of it but I feel the time was right. He will be picking it up on Thursday.

As for the plans for a new car... I'm getting married in September so I doubt there will be anything mad purchased until then but maybe something cheap and fun to keep me amused. Appreciate all the kind comments/likes on this thread and I'm sure I'll be back soon with something else. I'll just leave a picture of it getting a final clean for the new owner...

Goodbye Godzilla!

IMG_0319.JPG

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Never easy to let go of a motor when you get very attached to it, hopefully the new owner takes as great care of her.

Best of luck for the wedding too bud (y)

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
Never easy to let go of a motor when you get very attached to it, hopefully the new owner takes as great care of her.

Best of luck for the wedding too bud (y)

Thanks buddy! Looking forward to it and the trip to Maldives/Dubai after, woohoo!

Yes from chatting to him he knows his **** and will take great care of it and improve it even more I'm 100% sure.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Thanks buddy! Looking forward to it and the trip to Maldives/Dubai after, woohoo!

Yes from chatting to him he knows his **** and will take great care of it and improve it even more I'm 100% sure.

Its an awesome car but you'll be back again with something equally as good. Dubai and especially the madives will be amazing, that's where we headed on honeymoon and its spectacular, enjoy when the time comes (y)

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
A guy who's been signed up here over 10 years and about 9,000 posts, so he's a regular. I'll leave it up to him to see if he wants to reveal himself as it's not really my call. :grinning:

Having seen his FB post I don't think its a secret but again will leave it up to him to reveal himself.
All I can say is that its gone to a gentleman and I'd be confident that it will be well looked after. Must twist his arm for a run out in it.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I think the only changes I'll make are possibly a syvecs ecu and a more modern turbo, interior and body are in cracking shape it's been well looked after! Really looking forward to Thursday !

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want with my Skyline. If you are looking for a quick profit, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have is a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my Skyline go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.