North West 2018

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Deleted member 13907

D
My bro-in-law is 'working' on the coast road from Portrush to Portstewart today - i.e. sending us videos of the practise sessions

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Yeah the coverage has got really good! Almost don't need to ride up on thurs now :eek:

DriftnSlide

Banned
OP
DriftnSlide
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Fair play to Ian Hutchinson, big lads even struggling to walk, never mind racing 3 bikes. Trooper !
His legs must be in a terrible state by now.

niallspence

RMS Regular
Drives
ST RS/FN2/GsxR
Fair play to Ian Hutchinson, big lads even struggling to walk, never mind racing 3 bikes. Trooper !
His legs must be in a terrible state by now.
I'm a big Hutchy fan...Just interested in what peoples thoughts are on how safe it really is with him being out there? He clearly can't put weight on this leg, but as anybody who has raced/ridden on track knows that almost everything is controlled through weight transfer on the pegs. Just how much control is he really in if something goes wrong? Obviously the guy is extremely talented and I'm glad hes making it to the TT this year.....but.....God forbid he is involved in any incident, he is going to get absolute full blame.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
He's been racing for years in not that much different a shape. Right hand shifting and thumb brakes. Weight on pegs isn't a big deal, the outside thigh is always gripping the tank

Robert Dunlop raced with 1 functioning arm

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
They put restrictions on Robert Dunlop and IMO he was in better shape than Hutchy ever will be again, or even has been for a few years now. He must go through tremendous pain in every race!

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
I do feel though, that should he have another major spill it will retire him (Much the same as McPint)

How much more can that leg go through before it just can't be worked with?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I'm a big Hutchy fan...Just interested in what peoples thoughts are on how safe it really is with him being out there? He clearly can't put weight on this leg, but as anybody who has raced/ridden on track knows that almost everything is controlled through weight transfer on the pegs. Just how much control is he really in if something goes wrong? Obviously the guy is extremely talented and I'm glad hes making it to the TT this year.....but.....God forbid he is involved in any incident, he is going to get absolute full blame.

I was thinking the same thing when he was being interviewed with what appeared to be a walking stick?!

The organisers do check these things though and if they thought he posed a risk to other riders I am fairly sure they wouldn't let him race.

DriftnSlide

Banned
OP
DriftnSlide
Drives
S60 D5 SE
He finshed 3 races at Oulton last weekend winning two and finishing second in the other, thats what got him the clearance for this week. Different story on the roads though.

DriftnSlide

Banned
OP
DriftnSlide
Drives
S60 D5 SE
How did todays practising go

A bit sh1t, is the quick answer, due to the conditions.
Seeley was the only one on it tbh.
One rider air lifted already, after a coming together at university.
No further details at present.

Reactions: BLS

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
He finshed 3 races at Oulton last weekend winning two and finishing second in the other, thats what got him the clearance for this week. Different story on the roads though.

Lee Johnson was quickest on the Superbike.
IMG_4109.JPG

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Would love to see Lee on the top step again, especially on the Honda. He's had a rough cpl of years through injury.

After all the crap press from last year with McGuinness and Martin's accidents, it would also be good to see Honda prove they've got a well sorted bike again, and today Lee has pretty much shown that they do!

So many riders in contention for a win this year, its going to be quite a spectacle for the fans!

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Hoping to go Saturday morn but never been so where would be best to watch? Plus get the car parked?

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
That's a good question! Probably better off around the side streets near Metropole. Crocknamack Rd, which incidentally is a short walk from train station ^ but gives you access to walk around the coast

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.