Octavia vRS Mk1 Part. 3

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Good score there.

Parts like this seem to get dearer every year.

Definately have Octavia envy right now :joy:

Parts for the mk1, maybe its across the board have jumped up the past few months. The chrome surround alone went up by £15 since March.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I have started on the interior and it has a brodit clip with a bury phone kit.

No idea how it works but Im going to remove it. Does anyone have an idea how they are wired? Have a separate module?
@Cartunes
View attachment 149412
Whoops...... how did I miss this?
Did you get it removed. Most bury kits have a separate box and microphone and depending on installation company, could be wired to the stereo or battery!

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Whoops...... how did I miss this?
Did you get it removed. Most bury kits have a separate box and microphone and depending on installation company, could be wired to the stereo or battery!

I hidden it all behind the console/carpet. Microphone is still in etc but it doesn't bother me too much. I need to get the time and take it so out including the wired tax holder thingy.

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
The secondary air pump now seems to be a goner. With high revs on start up and a high pitched noise. Supposed to be a DIY fix so I will give it a go when I have the wheels off.

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Finally got the wheels refurbed on the old girl this week. My OCD is getting a bit silly and bought genuine wheel bolt covers to fit on them but they did work out well.

20180501_132233.jpg
20180501_185814.jpg

A few pics tonight in the rain.
20180501_193242.jpg
20180501_193328.jpg
20180501_193354.jpg

Obligatory MOT shot, passed with no problems. Always good to get a tester into cars.
20180501_195819.jpg

Next up is to swap the secondary air pump and source a boost leak. The S bend under the manifold will be my first port of call having had to replace them before.

I really would like a nice cat back but I have been trying so hard trying to keep it original. So the jury is out on that one.

Last edited:

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
This is absolutely superb! (y)

I'm holding this thread entirely responsible for my latest purchase :joy:

All being well should be able to say more than that at the beginning of next week!

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
This is absolutely superb! (y)

I'm holding this thread entirely responsible for my latest purchase :joy:

All being well should be able to say more than that at the beginning of next week!

Nice one, if you need any help feel free to PM.

Reactions: RWL

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Not much of an update as the car looks exactly the same. The lower part of the front bumper got a bad kerb scuff and ended up getting the whole bumper redone again.

Currently sourcing a pair of new genuine headlights to freshen up the front even more. Have sourced a passenger side one for bargain £35 so far. Then it will be giving the calipers a fresh lick of Skoda rally green.

Some pics before I took it to Kilbroney at the weekend.
20180616_090455.jpg
20180617_103441.jpg
20180617_103458.jpg
20180617_103534.jpg

Last edited:

miniator

RMS Regular
Drives
'72 Mini
Looks great, very tidy!

on the subject of the green caliper paint, i think my mk2 would suit it better than the red currently. is there specific skoda green caliper paint?

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Looks great, very tidy!

on the subject of the green caliper paint, i think my mk2 would suit it better than the red currently. is there specific skoda green caliper paint?

Hammerite Smooth green if you can find any is a stupidly close match.

Otherwise its Pantone 348 you need to ask for.

upload_2018-6-18_14-30-47.png

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Looks great, very tidy!

Cheers, as Niall added the Hammerite smooth green is supposed to be close, you cant get the colour from skoda any longer iirc.