Post your project/build ideas

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
If I had a larger garage or space for a shed I would love to do a Supra TT build ;)

Even a 182 clio would do me

wings

RMS Regular
Drives
MK 6 GTi
Im currently working on a 1.8 turbo lupo build, have the engine mounted drive shafts are next on the hit list, although i must admit i havnt got near it in over a year with final year of uni and then saving for a house. If any one can shed some light on custom length drive please feel free :grinning:

I also recently picked up a 76 mini one owner from new with only 49k miles on it which is sitting in a sorry state and im just itching to get that started but im trying to hold off and get lupo sorted first

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
eunos_roadster_rs-limited_0.jpg

PLUS SOME BITS AND PIECES FROM THIS

055537600_1215523603.jpg

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
I want to find a suitable e30 325i and drop in an s54, struggling to find the right base car at the moment.

However this isn't fantasy, I fully intend on doing this and that's why I'm selling one of my e36 m3's.

My inspiration

Also my santorini blue e36 m3 is getting a full underbody rebuild and I intend to enjoy it when it's done.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I know it's been done plenty of times before, but a superbike engine in a kart would be so much fun and very do-able.

mightymetro

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 320D, 91 MX5
3.0 Jag V6 into a clean Mk1 MX5 is my bitcoin dream - wondered about a Jap big block conversion for a while but was inspired to take it a bit more seriously by

Unlikely in the short term, so a supercharger into my 1.6 might scratch the itch sooner. Or more likely doing what the wife tells me.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
I've a Porsche 924 sitting with an 18T 20v in it unfinished for years, and a BX 16V half converted to a V6 that I dream of finishing some day. I came across (forgot I had it) a spare 3SGTE in a shed recently that I've had for ages and was just thinking how easily it would transplant into a FWD car....

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Getting the MX5 ready for some proper gravel action later in the summer, getting one of the 155's sorted and ready to sell so I can get the Marina out of the corner of the garage get started into it. There's the other 155's to do too.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Same as @big_pete a dream project would be a replica BTCC Supertouring, as low as possible with the massively oversized wheels, and big camber tucking them well into the arches.

I also always had a dream of making a replica Ford Focus WRC tarmac version. Had the Tamiya RC car when I was 12. Either of below would do.
2FE61041-0110-4297-8D1D-CA7E6E70C15D.jpeg
DDD0C1F8-7709-4943-91F5-39774A6F81EB.jpeg

In reality neither will ever happen

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
When I was younger I always wanted to put a 288GTO engine in a Mini Traveller. Probably not going to happen.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
That's the reason I have two good red (pink) 535i shells and two complete e32 750is in my yard...
We think alike... when your doing it why not go for the 5.4 instead of the 5.0?
I think having two red e34 v12s is a shame, u need to put one in my grey e34. After all ive the hard bit sorted by having an m5 interior in her haha

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
We think alike... when your doing it why not go for the 5.4 instead of the 5.0?
I think having two red e34 v12s is a shame, u need to put one in my grey e34. After all ive the hard bit sorted by having an m5 interior in her haha

lool you pay me enough and I'll do it! Because the 5.0 is E32-based the mounts and wiring harness should match up fairly easily, and no EWS to worry about. It wasn't a conscious, debated decision, it was more that's what I got a hold of first, but it'll be fine to continue on that way.
I do have a non running 5.4 that I could use the short block from and build a E32 (5.0) management system around ad get the best of both worlds. Thanks for that.
Either way, I'm not leaving it at the stock 296bhp.

martybelfastsri

RMS Regular
Drives
all sorts
I really enjoy sleeper type projects, we have a berlingo multispace in the family and my brother and I have often idly chatted about a GTi 6 running gear swap, talk is cheap though! Lol

I think @RCT had one like this some time ago.

Even that transplant into a picasso would be hilarious fun.

HA! Ive had berlingos for years but last 5/6years driving multispsces and came very close lol was going to put xsara vts running gear in one with full sliding roof but recently changed to b6 model and still cant stop now looking at cheap c4 vts ect one day..........

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.