Project Caddy

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
So, as most on here know I picked up a caddy in October last year with the intention of using it for work and as opposed to driving round in my Jaaaaaggg all then time and generally using it like a van!

I was originally looking at a pre facelift caddy but @lightning let me know his brother was selling a facelift version so I took a drive up to see it and a deal was done.

My intentions was always to lower it, stick on a set of wheels and just drive it..... but like most of us on here who are modifiers at heart, I just couldn't let it sit standard for too long.

A few of the usual VW mods were planned for some stage in the future of the ownership like a seat swap, HU upgrade and lining the back.

Luckily, the previous owner Darren had already fitted eibach springs, lined and carpeted the back and changed the seats for me already so that left a couple of other ideas.

I got speaking to a local guy, Stevie Stratton who has painted lots of cars for friends etc. and after getting a good look at some of his work and his workshop, I was more than happy for him to give it a full colour change. When he finally got round to starting it the amount of dents, knocks and bumps was unreal. It required a new bonnet and a lot of work! Stevie is a perfectionist and his work has really paid off.

I then bought a few items for it with the intention of the end result to be subtle but effective and to look like the other work van I picked and styled at the same time.

I bought an R32 style rear bumper. Got a super deal on a sport front bumper with fog lights from gumtree and a set of LED side bars. A roof spoiler and a side rail cover finishes off the aesthetics.

I also managed to get a set of genuine smoked rear lamps for it which are red/smoked/smoked/red as opposed to red & clear. A smoked 3rd brake light and smoked side repeaters finished off the lighting.

Finally, I have upgraded every single bulb, interior and exterior to LED.

I got the phone call today to tell me it was ready for collection and I couldn't wait to get home to collect it!

Only plans left for it now are to give it a service and then an exhaust to suit the rear bumper. I'll also get it signwritten to stay in keeping with the other work van and I think it'll be pretty close to the photoshop @Rocko made for me.

So enough prattle. Here's a few pictures. All taken tonight upon collection from his shed.
weather dependant I'll hopefully get a few nice day time shots tomorrow but I'm more interested in getting the inside valeted with my George!

For sale picture
IMG_0021.JPG

Got it home for its first wash
IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

Gumtree front bumper
IMG_0032.JPG

There was a lot of dirt to clean out!
IMG_0033.JPG

My first glimpse tonight
IMG_1192.JPG

IMG_1193.JPG
IMG_1194.JPG
IMG_1195.JPG
IMG_1196.JPG

So there we are!

Cheers

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Awesome Ross, what a transformation!

Makes me really want to buy a nice Caddy....I'm due a change as I've had my Partner for over 4 years now!

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Love it @Big Pimp will keep an eye out for it.

Stevie has done some work for my old fella in the past and work has always been top notch.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Looks amazing and that's great transformation. Signage will make it spot on.

How can he do that good of work and put number on wonky lol

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Makes me really want to buy a nice Caddy....I'm due a change as I've had my Partner for over 4 years now!

how much do you want to spend?
2016 VOLKSWAGEN CADDY 2.0 TDI HIGHLINE | DSC CARS

Nice one!!!

Air and super duper expensive wheels...GO ON!
not a chance! the helios and eibachs are enough for me!

The back door and cut outs in the bumper for the exhaust not being in line would annoy my happiness :scream:

i know - i had considered changing to the rear tail gate door, but i'm not that bothered about it! it's 'only' a work van!

Looks well . You like your black cars :grinning:
once you go black, you never go back..... or so they say!

Some change in that! Welcome to the never ending world of modding your van lol I've over 10k in mine now but I absolutely love it lol!

Looks great :laughing:
thanks mate. I've spent enough...... i hope!

How can he do that good of work and put number on wonky lol
didnt even notice that - i'll sort it in the morning

Looks well. Needs to be a tad lower I thinks tho.
I've been thinking the same myself at times.... coilovers aren't very expensive for them....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.