Project Caddy

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
What covers are these out of interest or are they something you had made up yourself?

They are plastic covers that go over the bulkhead, i had mine made myself posted it on caddy2k and then a guy over there loved it and started selling them, i have to admit he took it up a notch, the difference it makes to cabin noise and also heating is fantastic
IMG_0004_zpstygznvpq.jpg

k20_chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything Boring
They are plastic covers that go over the bulkhead, i had mine made myself posted it on caddy2k and then a guy over there loved it and started selling them, i have to admit he took it up a notch, the difference it makes to cabin noise and also heating is fantastic
IMG_0004_zpstygznvpq.jpg

Do you have any idea of price before I go looking lol my own Caddy could really do with something like that. I take it they are basically perspex cut to shape, stuck with silicone and screwed?
They look like a great job.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
What covers are these out of interest or are they something you had made up yourself?
There's a guy tommyzoom on the caddy2k forum makes them up. They are basically a bit of plexi cut to the exact size of the bulkhead grates and they screw into them. Deaden a lot of sound and also keep a lot of heat in the cabin.

IMG_1222.JPG

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
sorry to hijack your thread Ross, guy on the caddy forum sells them can't remember but think they were 70 quid that includes the fitting kit

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
That's a neat job and a great idea!

You'd be amazed what a difference it makes insulating/sound deadening the rear side panels/doors makes also

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
sorry to hijack your thread Ross, guy on the caddy forum sells them can't remember but think they were 70 quid that includes the fitting kit
Not at all dude. It's nice that we all try to help one another out when we can!

I see we were both replying about there exact same thing.

He does a small bit of forum discount, but also sells them on eBay:
Vw Caddy Mk3 Bulkhead clear cover panels 2004-2016 | eBay

k20_chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything Boring
@Big Pimp thanks for that. I went over to Caddy2k for a nosey and found him. Funny thing is I know him from work, he's in at least once a week and never realised he done them aswell. Going to ring him tomorrow and order them. He drives a lovely Caddy himself. Everybody online is talking g about the quality of the covers so if there anything like the quality of his work (tiler) they will be perfect, he's a perfectionist!!!

How do you find the van to drive with it being lowered?

Ps your Caddy is looking great so far, graphics will make a great job of her.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp thanks for that. I went over to Caddy2k for a nosey and found him. Funny thing is I know him from work, he's in at least once a week and never realised he done them aswell. Going to ring him tomorrow and order them. He drives a lovely Caddy himself. Everybody online is talking g about the quality of the covers so if there anything like the quality of his work (tiler) they will be perfect, he's a perfectionist!!!

How do you find the van to drive with it being lowered?

Ps your Caddy is looking great so far, graphics will make a great job of her.
no way! what a small world!

they are brilliant. his caddy is class looking too judging by his pictures.

it drives really well being lowered. I have been looking at coilovers too though!

PMC555

RMS Regular
Drives
Sometimes
Would you be able to send me the contact details of the guy who sprayed it please?

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
I'm more and more inclined to make my next purchase a van you know, keep one car for the family stuff then I can fit all of my lifestyle requirements into mine!!

dan_vrs

RMS Regular
Do your lights mess about with the leds fitted? I put led bulbs in the sidelights and headlights, now sometimes the sidelights stay on with the main beam

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Do your lights mess about with the leds fitted? I put led bulbs in the sidelights and headlights, now sometimes the sidelights stay on with the main beam
I think there meant to

Side lights always stay on with the main beam, well in at least every car I've worked at or owned

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Did this van belong to Ricky McKillon back in the day??
No idea to be honest.

I bought it from @lightning' brother who is called Darren. Before that I think a company called KPL had it.
As @weeloaney says, I think that meant to be the way they work.

My DRL's dim to 1/2 power when I put on my sidelights, and remain on when I put on dip/main beam

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Exhaust fitted today.

Whilst that was being done I done a full service on it, changing oil filter, fuel filter, air filter and pollen filter.

Didn't get the steering wheel switched over, but that's another job for another day

IMG_1836.JPG

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Exhaust looked really well, for what I could see through the rain... lol

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Exhaust fitted today.

Whilst that was being done I done a full service on it, changing oil filter, fuel filter, air filter and pollen filter.

Didn't get the steering wheel switched over, but that's another job for another day

View attachment 136656

Hope she's straight piped with a popcorn limiter mapped in.

Jokes aside, does look class.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Hope she's straight piped with a popcorn limiter mapped in.

Jokes aside, does look class.
Heard one of those popcorn limiters last week for the first time! Why.... Just why??????

I will end up mapping it along with erg delete and possibly dpf's also. As long as it doesn't sound like a pigeon though coo-ing up and down the road I'll be happy enough.

The 75bhp is just so slow to accelerate! It can carry speed well, but getting there is the problem, lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.