Public charging points

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
All empty, apart from one high roller in Carnmoney...
1682521729443.png

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Finally, a possibility at a useable charging network. 50p per KW is about 4 times the cost of charging at home, so unless you're stuck you're not going to use them. Great job.

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
I work on the boucher road and at night 23:00 you can see people using the chargers at Homebase, it will be interesting to see how long this lasts now they have to pay. It was mostly taxi drivers.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
The one near us at the park and ride has probably just become redundant overnight 😂. It was a favourite for the over nighters and the 9-5 leave it on all day and pick it up after work crowd.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Yup that's it due to our fantastically cheap population and small distance people travel here the terrible network we have is now likely to be very available all of a sudden. Great news for those who need it rather than those who don't care who they inconvenience to save 2 quid.

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
Do the machines now warn someone of the charges or could it happen that poor Fred in the Hybrid doesn’t know how to read his emails and will be gutted to find the 6 hours on a charger to get those 20 electric miles costs him now.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Do the machines now warn someone of the charges or could it happen that poor Fred in the Hybrid doesn’t know how to read his emails and will be gutted to find the 6 hours on a charger to get those 20 electric miles costs him now.

Doesn't seem to be any difference. I'll need a public charge tomorrow (driveway getting tarred) so I'll check it out.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
So we have a ICE car parked in electric and an electric parked not charging?

I wonder if some electric owners see electric charging stations as their god given right to park like a disabled or parent/baby spot?

Yep.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Same as the EV drivers that park at the ****** petrol pump to do their groceries at Eurospar. May they die a slow painful death

There's bellends everywhere. I see ones in EV's at the pumps at least once a fortnight. And ones in ICEV's who aren't using them fairly frequently too... The difference is you're likely going to be EV'd fairly rarely and it's going to be a few mins inconvenience, but if you're ever ICE'd you've little option other than to try a completely different location or potentially wait hours.

I'd gone to the BP a couple years back in our EV to get fuel for the track car and came out to some auld fella going daft about it. He got the appropriate short form response as anyone in a similar position would give, which resulted in being brake checked and swerved at on the way out the road.

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
It does feel a bit odd pulling up at the pump in an EV and filling a jar in the boot for the lawnmower 😀

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
There's bellends everywhere. I see ones in EV's at the pumps at least once a fortnight. And ones in ICEV's who aren't using them fairly frequently too... The difference is you're likely going to be EV'd fairly rarely and it's going to be a few mins inconvenience, but if you're ever ICE'd you've little option other than to try a completely different location or potentially wait hours.

I'd gone to the BP a couple years back in our EV to get fuel for the track car and came out to some auld fella going daft about it. He got the appropriate short form response as anyone in a similar position would give, which resulted in being brake checked and swerved at on the way out the road.

Ha I had similar, went to get kerosene for the space heater in the tesla came back out after paying and this guy started giving me torrents of abuse. It actually ended in an altercation, the little p***k lol