Raceglaze Water Filter

MarkM

RMS Regular
Your unfiltered water reads 25 do you mean? Sounds really soft ans really hardly worth buying a vessel to treat that.

Yes Davy. I still got water spots though, filter has sorted that. I’m a gas installer and regularly test ‘tap water’ as a base for flushing systems, Antrim and Ballymena at least is very soft in my experience. My meter is most likely off by 5-10% as it’s a bitch to calibrate, meant to do it at exactly 25 C 8-|

davyk31

RMS Regular
That sure is very soft and resin will last ages starting with that as a base. You will still get some marks with a 25 reading so the filter is a good addition.

I used to live in Coleraine and now a few miles out of town and in both locations raw tap water reads about 200. That isn’t radically hard water as people report readings twice that but does mean a 7 litre vessel isn’t likely to do much of a job for me for any reasonable period.

For anyone thinking about purchasing think no more and it’s the best £100 you will ever have spent.

MarkM

RMS Regular
That sure is very soft and resin will last ages starting with that as a base. You will still get some marks with a 25 reading so the filter is a good addition.

I used to live in Coleraine and now a few miles out of town and in both locations raw tap water reads about 200. That isn’t radically hard water as people report readings twice that but does mean a 7 litre vessel isn’t likely to do much of a job for me for any reasonable period.

For anyone thinking about purchasing think no more and it’s the best £100 you will ever have spent.

I’ve a job in Portstewart coming up, it’ll be interesting to see the reading!

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
OP
SPIKE_
Drives
GTI | JCW
Does anyone use their filter with their power washer? Contacted Vyair and they only recommend using the filter with a standard hose and spray gun which isn't a big issue. Not sure on what Raceglaze state is normal for them. What does everyone else do when using the filter?

MarkM

RMS Regular
Does anyone use their filter with their power washer? Contacted Vyair and they only recommend using the filter with a standard hose and spray gun which isn't a big issue. Not sure on what Raceglaze state is normal for them. What does everyone else do when using the filter?

only use the filter for rinsing, just wasting it feeding a washer

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Are those prices for the DI vessel complete with resin?

Vyair 11 litre vessels with resin & fittings are £95 delivered on ebay

Spoke to them today...postage to NI is another £19.50.

AC

RMS Regular
I really don’t need one of these and shouldn’t have read this thread but once again I’m sitting on a delayed plane waiting to take off so it was inevitable....

36B1CEF8-CE7A-4432-BB40-57F334006CB9.jpeg

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
What way have you guys got these set up? I’ve a hozelock hose with a water stop connector that I plug into the pressure washer or have the spray head plugged in. So the Vyair comes with 2 male hozelock so I van plug the hose with the water stop on into the “In” connector and then I’m assuming a separate piece of hose with a water stop on one end and a standard hozelock connector on the other to attach to the vessel?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
What way have you guys got these set up? I’ve a hozelock hose with a water stop connector that I plug into the pressure washer or have the spray head plugged in. So the Vyair comes with 2 male hozelock so I van plug the hose with the water stop on into the “In” connector and then I’m assuming a separate piece of hose with a water stop on one end and a standard hozelock connector on the other to attach to the vessel?
Exactly like that.

I’ll snap a pic of mine tomorrow if you need it

davyk31

RMS Regular
Yes that set up is good. I have a hozelock stop on the end of input hose, simply unplug from pressure washer and attach to the in hozelock on vessel. Then I have a short piece of hose running from the out hozelock on vessel to another cheap hose reel. This then gives me a 20m hose to use around the car for rinsing with filtered water. Just use this as an open hose with no end as a good flow of water sheets off nicely and leaves the car pretty dry even before you start drying it.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR

If I had one I would be disconnecting the hose reel from the tap and attaching it to the filters "out" and a short piece of hose running form the filter "in" to the tap. That way the filter never has to move and you've the whole length of the hose reel to use for your final rinse. Just swap the hoses over for general use.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Used my Vyair one for the first time this morning to wash both cars. Excellent piece of kit. I didnt touch either car with a drying towel and not a single water mark. Wish I had bought one sooner.