Range Rover V8 Vogue

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Hasn't broken, just changed the sidelight bulbs as one of the LEDs was flickering. Had to remove the headlights, which meant removing the grille but all nice and simple.

New reg on it also, half matches the TT but couldn't get the letters in the order we wanted. Still our initials though and better than the other English reg that it came on.

20181024_122704.jpg

20181024_134849.jpg

Then took it to Belfast for a kebab

20181024_182318.jpg

20181024_190131.jpg

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
They are like a big Lego set aren't they. I changed the side grills in mine and I had to pop the lower skirts off, literally pop off in your hand lol .

I've a set of steps to go on mine, got some hawk ones and they are really good quality and dirt cheap

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Gash Tacky Font....
Broken record much lol?

Some bus! Whats the arguments for jag engine over BMW?

From what I read the Jag is slightly smoother and more economical, plus seems to be a wee bit easier to live with from a maintenance aspect.

Main reason for me was the later ZF 6 speed box, though its not Bulletproof it does seem a lot better than the GM unit.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Broken record much lol?

From what I read the Jag is slightly smoother and more economical, plus seems to be a wee bit easier to live with from a maintenance aspect.

Main reason for me was the later ZF 6 speed box, though its not Bulletproof it does seem a lot better than the GM unit.
When the record is changed I’ll stop.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Broken record much lol?

Sounds similar to the E53 X5, the GM box was in the early models and is deemed to be fairly dire, and the ZF is in the facelift models. Other than a jerk when coming up to a stop they seem a lot more reliable.

sickomotorsport

RMS Regular
Drives
Peugeot 205, own
I was actually after a black range but this one came up and it was in lovely condition so had to have it. Put the 22 inch stormers on it and that's all I'm doing.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
3500miles done so far so thought I'd update this.
Still loving it. Wouldn't start for the wife when I was away, she couldn't even jump start it though ancillaries were powering up OK. Just a few faults coming up on the dash then nothing when thebkeybwas turned to start.
I stuck a new battery in when I got home and thought that had fixed it, but once every 20/30 starts or so it just doesn't fire. Once I had the same message that she was getting "HDC fault" "transmission fault" and something else and it wouldn't start. Cycled the gears to drive and back to park and it started.

Narrowed it down to either starter motor or transmission ecu plug corroded through googling and reading forums so we'll play it by ear.

Other than that it's doing just fine. Averaging 16.4mpg for anyone who wants to daily one. Had it down the beach today so took a quick snap.

20181216_125846.jpg

e90318

RMS Regular
Drives
650i
I'm only getting 21 out of my v8 diesel one so 16 isn't that bad! Have you tested the alternator? My car was getting the hdc and transmission faults etc and it's due to low voltage. Turned out to be an alternator

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
3500miles done so far so thought I'd update this.
Still loving it. Wouldn't start for the wife when I was away, she couldn't even jump start it though ancillaries were powering up OK. Just a few faults coming up on the dash then nothing when thebkeybwas turned to start.
I stuck a new battery in when I got home and thought that had fixed it, but once every 20/30 starts or so it just doesn't fire. Once I had the same message that she was getting "HDC fault" "transmission fault" and something else and it wouldn't start. Cycled the gears to drive and back to park and it started.

Narrowed it down to either starter motor or transmission ecu plug corroded through googling and reading forums so we'll play it by ear.

Other than that it's doing just fine. Averaging 16.4mpg for anyone who wants to daily one. Had it down the beach today so took a quick snap.

View attachment 218661
Cool big bus! Can you actually get down onto the beach at Tyrella still? I thought it was all shut off a few years ago. We used to have a mobile home right at the north end of the beach in the 80s. Did a fair bit of driving around on the beach with my dad when I was no age.