Range Rover V8 Vogue

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Holy frig, what did you hit? Something very solid by the looks of it. :cold_sweat:
Pictures of accidents give me the heeby-jeebies, only been in one big one myself as a passenger and it's something I don't want to repeat.
Glad to hear you are basically all ok.

Yeah I'm the same. First time I've been in one in 20 years of driving as the driver, was in one in 2001 when my mate flipped his E36 318iS into a field but that was pretty OK and I was unscathed. I think because we kept rolling the momentum took a lot out of it. This time was an abrupt stop lol, I was doing 60ish and didn't hit the brake, he was doing much the same.

I hit an L200 pickup. He definitely came off worst unfortunately for him. Will update this thread with photos of it once I know he's out of hospital and police have finished investigating. Just glad I never took the Clio or 911!

Thanks all for the kind words, much appreciated 😘

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
Holy crap that rangie absorbed some amount of force to make it into the cockpit. No doubt if that was a car or smaller SUV you wouldn’t be here to tell the tale. Glad you’re ok! Think it’s only fair when you are able to replace it with a Westminster model 🙈

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Flip me Gav, glad to hear your OK and sorry to hear about thr Rangie. It sounds like you didn't have time to react or brake which sounds scary, lucky you weren't in one of the other cars or even the bike 😳.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
That’s scary. Glad you are ok mate, by the look of that it took some serious impact.

neil-c

RMS Regular
That's shocking. Glad you're ok. Did you have others in the car at the time as well?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Screenshot_20201206-092657_Chrome.jpg

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Holy **** really glad you are OK, looking at the footwell pictures especially is terrifying.

Hope everything works out OK for yourself and all parties involved.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Thanks all for the kind comments 😘

Flip me Gav, glad to hear your OK and sorry to hear about thr Rangie. It sounds like you didn't have time to react or brake which sounds scary, lucky you weren't in one of the other cars or even the bike 😳.

Yeah mate, I keep thinking this but in the flip side if I'd have been in Clio, 911 or bid bike I'd have overtaken the truck in front of me so would've missed the accident. If I'd been on the Monkey bike I'd have still been in Ballynahinch when it happened 😂 Lots of what ifs lol

That's shocking. Glad you're ok. Did you have others in the car at the time as well?

Just me luckily though I'd say any passengers would've been grand in the range rover

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
@gav525

You are so lucky and thankfully you were driving a tank. As you said, anything else would and could have been a whole different story.

Glad you are ok (y)

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
ive one of these also, but the 3.6. good enough thing. at times i love it as it just is so comfortable but other times it does my head in. like it rusts and holds water in both back passanger doors so when i wash i have to open to let out about a ltr of water. tailgate rusted to **** so i need a new one of those and a new air suspension compressor. which ill do to get another year out of it.
ohhh hold on!!!! i read on to the next few pages, ffs sorry to see this but yep..one of the reasons i have it is that its a big tank and safe and will take impact. jeez @gav525 ..

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
ive one of these also, but the 3.6. good enough thing. at times i love it as it just is so comfortable but other times it does my head in. like it rusts and holds water in both back passanger doors so when i wash i have to open to let out about a ltr of water. tailgate rusted to **** so i need a new one of those and a new air suspension compressor. which ill do to get another year out of it.
ohhh hold on!!!! i read on to the next few pages, ffs sorry to see this but yep..one of the reasons i have it is that its a big tank and safe and will take impact. jeez @gav525 ..

Air compressor - worth looking at bagpipingandy repair kits. Very inexpensive and straight forward. Basically just replaces the bits that wear out on them.

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
aw cool, just google them? i know what happened, i burst my front right and kept driving as we were on our way home and it overheated the compressor trying to keep it going. i want to keep the old girl going another year or so but it does need about 2k spent on it
Air compressor - worth looking at bagpipingandy repair kits. Very inexpensive and straight forward. Basically just replaces the bits that wear out on them.

i just bought that kit for the fun or it. also anyone know a good solution for checking and clearing faults in these old girls..

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
Doesn
aw cool, just google them? i know what happened, i burst my front right and kept driving as we were on our way home and it overheated the compressor trying to keep it going. i want to keep the old girl going another year or so but it does need about 2k spent on it

i just bought that kit for the fun or it. also anyone know a good solution for checking and clearing faults in these old girls..
Doesn't have a solution for my year 2007

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads
Glad your ok buddy
I keep looking at changing rrs to a car but things like this show me how much better off in an accident you are in something big