Range Rover V8 Vogue

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
What actually happened man? Did he t bone you?

He hit the blue truck you can see in some of the photos. Bounced down the side of it which ripped his front drivers side tyre off and then straight into me who was behind the truck. Police told me if I'd have been tailgating the truck he'd have missed me lol, sods law like.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
How did he manage to hit the truck?!

I couldn't say. He wasn't on his phone as police have checked. Still an investigation ongoing anyways, but the truck had a dashcam so they've got that to go by.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I think I know that corner, on the downpatrick road between ballynahinch and Annacloy. There is a bridge at the corner and its easy to understeer over onto the other side of the road when the suspension unloads a bit over the bridge. If I'm right on the location that is of course lol.
Good road though, I use it to go to the Thales site out along that road..

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Glad to hear the L200 driver is going to be ok.
Hope your bruises aren't too sore. (I'm sure you're self medicating with booze 😜)
@gav525 Id imagine you'd have been even more pissed if you had a big dirty kebab in the Range for dinner and it got spilled lol. 😂

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
I think I know that corner, on the downpatrick road between ballynahinch and Annacloy. There is a bridge at the corner and its easy to understeer over onto the other side of the road when the suspension unloads a bit over the bridge. If I'm right on the location that is of course lol.
Good road though, I use it to go to the Thales site out along that road..

You're not far away lol, the wee bridge is a bit further up the road. It happened just before F Rogan plant hire heading Downpatrick direction.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Yep that's the one, you come round the corner and over the bridge heading ballynahinch direction and if its greasy or carrying a wee bit too much speed, you can end up over the white line when you are on the next gentle right hand curve. Had a few late night blasts that direction going back towards ballynahinch coming off a late finish at the test site.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Glad the other guy’s going to pull through, bet his injuries are horrible though! Also glad it wasn’t your fault as I thought you’d indicated it could have been before.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Glad the other guy’s going to pull through, bet his injuries are horrible though! Also glad it wasn’t your fault as I thought you’d indicated it could have been before.

No, just didn't want to say much until I knew the other guy was going to pull through.

Police told me today his leg had gone up through his pelvis which sounds horrific! No wonder he was screaming 😱

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Glad to hear the other party is recovering. Injuries sound terrible.
Hope you are on the mend too

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Jeepers oh! I searched for this thread to research the RR's @gav525 didn't expect to see this! Glad you are ok, the other guys injuries sound somewhat similar to what I managed to do high siding off a bike!

Sure does show the benefit of having a chunk of metal around you!

What are you replacing the old girl with?

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Jeepers oh! I searched for this thread to research the RR's @gav525 didn't expect to see this! Glad you are ok, the other guys injuries sound somewhat similar to what I managed to do high siding off a bike!

Sure does show the benefit of having a chunk of metal around you!

What are you replacing the old girl with?

Cheers mate. Was a great thing to own for us, as you'll see reading back through this it gave us little to no bother and if I could replace it with one the exact same I would do. My worry is buying one thinking it will be as reliable and ending up with a lemon of a car lol.

We thought we wanted an SVR and went to see one but not for us. Sound great and go well, but that's not what a Range Rover should be. Then looked at 5.0 Supercharged L405s, especially in Loire Blue, but after reading so many horror stories and knowing a couple of people personally that had issues we're not wanting one now. A last of the line L322 5.0 Supercharged would be great, but they're dear enough compared to the one we had and too similar looking.

Have it narrowed down to Cayenne GTS or an ML63, I think, outside possibility of an X5M also.

We'll see what happens, could end up with anything though!

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Cheers mate. Was a great thing to own for us, as you'll see reading back through this it gave us little to no bother and if I could replace it with one the exact same I would do. My worry is buying one thinking it will be as reliable and ending up with a lemon of a car lol.

We thought we wanted an SVR and went to see one but not for us. Sound great and go well, but that's not what a Range Rover should be. Then looked at 5.0 Supercharged L405s, especially in Loire Blue, but after reading so many horror stories and knowing a couple of people personally that had issues we're not wanting one now. A last of the line L322 5.0 Supercharged would be great, but they're dear enough compared to the one we had and too similar looking.

Have it narrowed down to Cayenne GTS or an ML63, I think, outside possibility of an X5M also.

We'll see what happens, could end up with anything though!

XC60/90? 🤔 Would have a macan over a cayenne myself personally.

Not sure why you need such a big wafter with no offspring 😂

Actually scratch that ☝️ buy a G wagon 🤣

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Yea, yours seemed totally reliable.. i'm in 2 minds... My old V8 X5 does absolutely everything I need….. I love it, but it's really quite basic with no heated seats... And the console suffers the usual pixels out.. so near impossible to see radio/tuning... Blah blah. But I love the fact I can park anywhere & not care.. and I never wash it.... Just petrol & drive!

X5m are nice sounding thing

Happy hunting anyway..

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
XC60/90? 🤔 Would have a macan over a cayenne myself personally.

Not sure why you need such a big wafter with no offspring 😂

Actually scratch that ☝️ buy a G wagon 🤣

Nah the Volvo isn't exciting enough really. Macan too small though I do like them. G Wagon is just hideous lol.

Bigger the wafter the better when it comes to crashing! Also handy for towing cattle and bouncing across the fields

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Nah the Volvo isn't exciting enough really. Macan too small though I do like them. G Wagon is just hideous lol.

Bigger the wafter the better when it comes to crashing! Also handy for towing cattle and bouncing across the fields

i was for changing my L322 to a 405 this year and after I drove a few they didn’t really drive any differently 😂 just going to run mine into the ground. I looked at Cayenne’s and stuff too but none of the rivals give the same experience as the Range Rover