Renault Zoe e-car

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
yeah the leaf is alot more expensive and looks horrible imo

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
So glad you made a thread about this. That looks great in black. I've mention this deal to the Mother-in-law as she's thinking of chopping in her 207 for a twingo or a Citigo since she'll never do megamiles in it as they have a Freelander for that. I'm looking forward to hearing your experiences over this in the next few months.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
havent drove a twingo but the clio we had for week there is nowhere as good as the Zoe in spec and comfort etc, the zoe actually feels more roomy inside too.
I would definitly take one of these over a citigo aswell, they are very basic inside and have no toys, plus you still have to fuel it!

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
They very nearly pulled the trigger on a red Monte Carlo citigo after they test drove a Citigo relevance or something at Mulhollands. I asked if they knew which engine it was (think they have 60 and 85 versions) and they didn't know, so they checked and found it was the 85. The Monte Carlo is only available in 60 which put them off straight away.

I did get them a brochure for the new Twingo because it's nicer inside and they have lots of styling options for it, but they opted to keep the 207 instead. Maybe in the coming months, they might try a Zoe.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
The zoe is very punchy off the line, lights the tyres up in the dry :p with its massive 87bhp and 162 lb/ft

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
It's all about torque with e-cars. :grinning: I remember an i3 at the lights in front of me, it took off pretty well for a city car.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
£145 a month is a cracking deal... I would spend £200 a month on fuel alone lol

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
@cormac81 its fully electric but there are chargers everywhere, there is one near me in work so at lunch im gonna stick it on for a we top up. The idea is to use the home charger as little as possible.[/QUOTE]

Why as little as possible? Are the Power NI street ones free to use?

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
yeah any Power NI one or located in a DRD car park is free. It would cost around £3 for a full charge at home which would get you around 100 miles.

AndyMc

RMS Regular
Drives
C350
Been talking to the Mrs about getting rid of her Cooper for something like this until she finishes studying. Seems like a no brainer to me, must see about getting a drive in one.
Did you have one for a couple of days to trial before you bought this?

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
@AndyMc we took it for a test drive for about half an hour but that was plenty of time to make our mind up, and the deal we got was very hard to beat. I'd say we will stick with this kind of set up until we are finished having kids and they are all out of child minding and away to school.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
@AndyMc we took it for a test drive for about half an hour but that was plenty of time to make our mind up, and the deal we got was very hard to beat. I'd say we will stick with this kind of set up until we are finished having kids and they are all out of child minding and away to school.

Whats your daily commute mate?

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
@davey-dimples Cairnshill-Royal Hospital-Lanyon Plaza (beside st georges market) about 20 miles round trip, that leaves 20 miles a week on average for trips to the shop etc.
We still have a 2nd car too that we will use the odd day in between. It costs 8p a mile if you go over your mileage allowance but even then its only around £80 for a 1000 miles over if you went over your limit

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
@davey-dimples Cairnshill-Royal Hospital-Lanyon Plaza (beside st georges market) about 20 miles round trip, that leaves 20 miles a week on average for trips to the shop etc.
We still have a 2nd car too that we will use the odd day in between. It costs 8p a mile if you go over your mileage allowance but even then its only around £80 for a 1000 miles over if you went over your limit

Id need double your allowance lol

Do approx. 40-45 miles a day then toodling about at the weekend

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
aye i think its over £200 a month for 12k miles per year

Lewis.

RMS Regular
Drives
S14 Zenki
Thats a bargain! Havent seen if this has been asked but do you charge it every evening? And does it cost much on your electricity bill to charge it?

This is something @dannydnn will end up buying after threatening to by a jap car for half a decade.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Thats a bargain! Havent seen if this has been asked but do you charge it every evening? And does it cost much on your electricity bill to charge it?

This is something @dannydnn will end up buying after threatening to by a jap car for half a decade.

No it only needs charged fully once a week and maybe a we top up in between. If using the home charger it would cost about £3 for a full charge but the charge points all over the north are free to use and a rapid charger takes 30mins for a 0-100% charge.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I know! something free in N.I??? We normally pay through the nose for everything here....

dannydnn

RMS Regular

@Lewis. That would be a great replacement for the clio! I really need to pull my finger out and get something bought but atm festivities and craic having are taking priority lol

colin84

RMS Regular
I quite like the interior and the front end, but for a state of the art car it looks dull. From the rear it looks like a daewoo matiz! Even the new clio is decent looking.

AndyMc

RMS Regular
Drives
C350
Called into Renault to see what the Craic is and the closest deal they have is 250 a month with a 600 quid deposit, something to do with the new zoe being released.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Frig thats steep now! Glad we got it in quickly, was it hursts you went to?
The new one with a longer range is supposed to be released in 2 years so not sure what they are talking about?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.