Renault Zoe e-car

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Brillant! Fair play Barry. Does the £145 include the leasing charge for the battery?

Yes barry thats everything all in, and insurance is approx £20 a month for both of us. I worked it out and was spending around £220 a month on running costs alone with the SAAB

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
@Mel its supposed to be 3 years but we managed to get it over 2 years(y)

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
We have had two Leafs and an Ampera in work and have to say I really liked driving them for pure novelty factor.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R

Rob1sp

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Cars
Did I see you driving up around Airport Road at lunchtime? Had to look twice to make sure it was a Zoe, didn't look like an electric car at all, although for reason I like the Nissan Leaf in white.

We thought about a leccy car before getting the Smart ForFour, my daily range would be tight going on a single charge, plus I thought your home charger had to be under a covered roof ie. garage or lean-to for safety reasons?

Health to Drive/Charge anyway, will be interesting to hear how you get on, might seem like a stupid question but do electric cars take time to 'bed in' and learn your driving habits etc. like modern petrol/diesel engines?

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Possibly it will mean that even more people will just dander out in front of drivers in supermarket car parks etc. as Joe Public gets less and less attentive and more prepared puts his/her life in the hands of others.

Its bad enough in a normal car. Im amazed at the amount of people i see with their heads buried in their phones (walking and driving) these days or never think to look round them when crossing a road then fire you a dirty look when u swing on the horn:mad:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
@Rob1sp wasnt me buddy, but i have seen two in the last 2 days now since hursts got their batch in in Wednesday, before that i hadnt seen any. Soon they will be everywhere like Golf R's :p although i know which car id rather be sat in.

The charger is all enclosed so safe outside(y)

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Looks great mate, I saw one of these in Hurst's a few weeks back and really liked it. Funnily my own commute went down to like 50 miles a week now and I figured it was a good excuse to grab some gas guzzlers lol!!

Something satisfying about free motoring I'm sure.

Quick question - regarding the recharge points in car parks and on street. Does that permit you to park there for the day for free too? If so I'd see that as more of an incentive than cheaper fuel bills!

j44nty

RMS Regular
This is right up my street I need something to go to work 12 miles each way and leave the kids off. There is free charge points all over my lunch locations and I wanted to buy a cheap ish fuel guzzler this ticks all boxes as I can start looking at v6 and v8's again even 2 seaters. Mmmm

AndyMc

RMS Regular
Drives
C350
Frig thats steep now! Glad we got it in quickly, was it hursts you went to?
The new one with a longer range is supposed to be released in 2 years so not sure what they are talking about?

Yep, was in hursts talking to Jason, he said they sold the last one on that deal at the start of the week and the deal was so good to get rid of old stock. Supposedly the "new" one has an extra 10 miles range.

My guess would be that you could still pick up your deal at a different dealer, only issue with going over the water for one would be bringing it home unless they would deliver it to the boat for you I suppose.

Normski

RMS Regular
Drives
987 BoxsterS
I'll hit you with a standard year 2000's RMS comment:

Needs lowered lol.

No seriously good idea for the commute, looks like your the one who's laughing with that deal, have fun!

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
This really is a no brainer for commuting. And in black I think it looks quite good for an electric car.

Despite how good they or any electric cars are I can't see one and not think of this

RickyB

RMS Regular
Drives
E3VO X
Wonder what its like for parts if you need them? A friend known to many on her 'Brandy' has a Twizzy thats just done 6000 miles and needs new discs/pads all round and Renault want nearly a £1000....:eek:
Def a great deal and cheaper than a Twizzy (y)

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I phoned a dealer in England before we got the deal with hursts and they said they could the price as stated on Internet but would charge about 300 to get it delivered. At the time hursts were only a few quid off what they were offering. But now prices seem to be on the up for the lease deals here it would be worth enquiring with DSG Renault in England.

I hadn't even thought about parts @scoobyrb555 as we're only doing about 6k a year and it's got warranty for anything major. From what i can see the brakes look the same as a Clio, the twizzy is a quirky we machine so might need bespoke parts.

Having been driving it a few days now I'm really enjoying it, the ride is great on urban roads and it's really punchy up to about 40-50mph when you turn the ECO mode off. If anybody is considering one and wants a look/spin in ours give me a shout(y)

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
Think you zipped past me heading towards House of Sport roundabout, past Shaws bridge this morning!

Looks well on the road

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.