RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
What a difference a year on.............

I should have done it years ago instead of procrastinating and thinking about making the garage bigger.

DSC_0991.JPG

DSC_0387.JPG

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Neighbours say anything to you about their new view?

Unreal space as said, would love more room around my house

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Neighbours say anything to you about their new view?

Unreal space as said, would love more room around my house
Have you ever seen the film Grumpy Old Men?

That's my neighbour and me 🤣

He wasn't too happy when the digger was going as he works shifts but I can't help that. From their house it can only be seen from upstairs and they were looking at the face of a hill anyway, now the view is a green shed. Not much different 🤣

My other neighbour runs a brick layer squad so he built the block walls. I did threaten to dump all the soil he dumped (150tons) into my field when building his house back over his hedge into his garden..........I was joking 🤣 cost me to track it all up the hill instead 😠

Last edited:

mpowered

RMS Regular
Drives
RB320
Slowly getting there with my new garage. Was hoping it would have been finished by July but got hit by quite a few delays but it should be watertight soon. I've a Type R Impreza in the bodyshop since May and want to be able to give it a good home.
IMG-20211102-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20211102-WA0004.jpg

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I think the Impreza might just fit alright.. :eek:
Some size of shed!! Got to be 20m x 10m .

thefool1983

RMS Regular
Foundations dug and concrete coming on Wednesday,

View attachment 341283

How TF do I drain the water before the concrete comes?
I dug a sump hole at one end of the track. 39 said pump from screwfix made short work of it. I actually left it in until I had the wall built, as the water will cover the founds.

If you make a wee track at back of found to let all water reach sump hole 👍

Igxom

RMS Regular
Anyone want to provide any thoughts as to roller vs sectional door? I know it's been mentioned a couple of times but I'm trying to work out what's best and can't seem to decide. Most things point to sectional being a bit better but I'm concerned about the lighting aspect - so anyone any regrets or recommendations?

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Anyone want to provide any thoughts as to roller vs sectional door? I know it's been mentioned a couple of times but I'm trying to work out what's best and can't seem to decide. Most things point to sectional being a bit better but I'm concerned about the lighting aspect - so anyone any regrets or recommendations?

Sectional would be better insulated etc but I didn’t want the rails etc exposed on the roof and also lighting can be an issue although you can add it under the rails too

I went with insulated roller doors

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Anybody any experience of these garage doors:

Or even know if this is a decent price? The £895 offer price.

The price quoted is for a plain white door and does go up fairly quickly once you start adding things. They do however cover NI which a lot of online places don't.