S2000 Project

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Although pretty low to the floor, these stock s2000 seats are brilliant for relaxing in! Think I'll keep them in my room forever lol.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433021390.864744.jpg

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
cars looking well whats next?
Cheers Phil. Possibly replacing the veilside strakes with carbon fibre rx7 sides. Voltex diffuser and I've got a wing sitting in my garage. Also need a front wind splitter.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
i was up there yesterday after work at 4 didnt take any pics as the car could do with a good clean.
It's not great for pics. Too much green lol. Meant to be a cracking day today, get it washed tonight lol. Can't keep them clean mind you.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Why is the turbo / supercharger not next on the list? Its all about dat Powarrrrrr.
It's on the list mate, just not the immediate list. This car going nowhere, so I've plenty of time before the turbo.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
As I said last night, looks great Tim.

I need those wheels in my life. :heart:
Some Saturday if your free, I can pop up and we can test fit them to your car? I need to adjust my coils anyway so makes sense to do it while your trying out the wheels ;)
Then if you like you can buy when I'm selling up lol.

e60driver

RMS Regular
Drives
z4 2.5i
Had a drive in one of these last week after looking out for one > Scared the sandals of me the way the back twitches out . Ended up going for a z4 as i hadn't the driving skills for these and my wife would also have been driving . Stunning looking motor mate and i wish i could handle one , knowing my luck if i did get one it would end up wacked in no time .

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Had a drive in one of these last week after looking out for one > Scared the sandals of me the way the back twitches out . Ended up going for a z4 as i hadn't the driving skills for these and my wife would also have been driving . Stunning looking motor mate and i wish i could handle one , knowing my luck if i did get one it would end up wacked in no time .
Might have just needed an alignment mate. They are extremely sensitive to poor geometry setup. Maybe seized bolts and camber all uneven. Mine is like that atm. I'm waiting on the parts to fix the issue.
In the wet, they do havea tenancy to flick the back end out but in the dry they are extremely planted.
It's actually easier to control the car during a slide with gradual throttle than to panic and lift foot off throttle completely mid turn or even to hit the brakes, as this cuts power to wheels, thus throwing car all over the place.

Experienced this my first night of driving it home. Scared the crap out of me.
Do all your braking before a corner so as to allow yourself to gradually increase throttle as you sweep round the bend and accelerate hard out of it.

Good luck with the z4. Also lovely motors.

Vtec Phil

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2
Might have just needed an alignment mate. They are extremely sensitive to poor geometry setup. Maybe seized bolts and camber all uneven. Mine is like that atm. I'm waiting on the parts to fix the issue.
In the wet, they do havea tenancy to flick the back end out but in the dry they are extremely planted.
It's actually easier to control the car during a slide with gradual throttle than to panic and lift foot off throttle completely mid turn or even to hit the brakes, as this cuts power to wheels, thus throwing car all over the place.

Experienced this my first night of driving it home. Scared the crap out of me.
Do all your braking before a corner so as to allow yourself to gradually increase throttle as you sweep round the bend and accelerate hard out of it.

Good luck with the z4. Also lovely motors.

ive found my self drifting round afew roundabout my acident and as you said tim dont left off or you'll be facing the way you just came. photo,s look good

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
ive found my self drifting round afew roundabout my acident and as you said tim dont left off or you'll be facing the way you just came. photo,s look good
Cheers Phil. Haha, yeah they car be unruly at times. All in the fun of them, keeps you focussed lol.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It is a great little spot that, once you find it. We went past it a few times before we got there the first time, lol.

Can be full of tourists, but looks like you managed to get a quiet day.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
It is a great little spot that, once you find it. We went past it a few times before we got there the first time, lol.

Can be full of tourists, but looks like you managed to get a quiet day.
There was 8 black Taxis full of tourists and about a dozen other cars about when we arrived but I waited patiently and got a couple off photos before more started to arrive.
Photos ruined by the horrible reflections. Take it a polarizer reduces that? Not totally clued up with photography.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, a polarisation filter can help reduce reflections. They come in a few different varieties for different purposes - circular, linear, etc. To deal with reflections, you need one you can turn to change the "angle" (phase) of polarisation. You basically adjust the filter until the reflections go away. Any serious place that sells them can advice.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Yes, a polarisation filter can help reduce reflections. They come in a few different varieties for different purposes - circular, linear, etc. To deal with reflections, you need one you can turn to change the "angle" (phase) of polarisation. You basically adjust the filter until the reflections go away. Any serious place that sells them can advice.
Something I'll look into then. Just like to try get some decent photos of the car myself until I'm at a stage where I'm happy with the progress and can see about getting a few of guys on here that actually know what there doing to snap a few photos.
Would love a few professional photos of it at some stage.