Senditnow - Wheels

micko

RMS Regular
Drives
B6 A4 / E30 320i
That's what I said. £6!

Will be going to the Post Office now!

I landed to post office once with 4 wheels wrapped up, bloke put them on scales and refused to take them as they were just over limit.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
They're being collected from the seller, then I'm picking them up from the PO. The limit to do this is 20kg per parcel (these are 23kg) so fingers crossed they get over here anyway!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Will be grand as long as the sender tells them they're 20kg. If the senders says they're 23kg then the courier will leave them behind.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
I dropped my exhaust off at the Parcel Force depot in a nice big box all packed away perfectly. Had paid online for 30kg package because I though it was about 25ish. As soon as I got back into the car to leave he came running out saying the package is over-weight, I asked how heavy, he said 31.3kg! Are you ****ing kidding me, refusing to take it for 1.3kg?!

I could understand if there was a health and safety issue with it being over 30kg, but I doubt they have as he was happy to carry it back out for me and stick it in the boot. I had to come home and take a small section out and package it back up then bring it back to them, because apparently they don't have any tape at the depot for me to do it there… ^o)

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
I got a huge chunk of metal posted last week, a turbo trainer for the bike with a massive solid flywheel weighing 28kg for £6. Depot to depot. The weight limit is 25 instead of 20kg at the depot and the guys generally couldn't care less what it weighs at. Couldn't even post a set of handlebars for that at the post office.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Sent a 38kg gearbox three weeks back as 30kg no probs. Just made sure to say to the guy collecting it that it was "bang on" 30kg :innocent:

Aye right.

Went no probs

Mickylad

RMS Regular
Drives
M2Comp/i3
Have used SendItNow numerous amounts of times for things, exhaust systems and the likes.

Send 4 wheels to England recently, all packed up with tyres in 4 individual packages, some depots seem to be dead on and deliver them as 2 packages, but the fella was happy enough to pay £50 for the 4 seperate packages. These were 19" CSL's with tyres as well.

I have had once parcel held in Belfast that was sent to us, was an exhaust system for a 330ci, it was 2kg over the limit, didn't mind picking it up however. The fella said that the reason its 30kg is for health and safety and they need 2 people to lift it then, whilst he waitied for it to be carried out by two people to the van.

Depends what you get and what checked they go through i guess!

Shaun

RMS Regular
I use nearly every courier through work and i always book it as a few kg under what it actually is lol

UPS especially as it makes a huge price difference and they have not come back once in the 2 years ive been doing it.

Chris0

RMS Regular
Sent a set of 15" wheels and tires as two packages, weighed just under 30kg and was only £28 or something so was happy enough.

Got them picked up from the door and noticed it was someone from the next street so was bang on time for pick up

Darren91

RMS Regular
Anyone ever had a package arrive late? I paid for express24 and they haven't arrived today (anything up until 6pm). Packages were lifted yesterday 10am which is shown on the tracking so I would've hoped they would've arrived ontime?

Sam.

RMS Regular
Anyone ever had a package arrive late? I paid for express24 and they haven't arrived today (anything up until 6pm). Packages were lifted yesterday 10am which is shown on the tracking so I would've hoped they would've arrived ontime?
I've had a few big-ish (sets of wheels, interiors) express24 deliverys arrive in 48 hours with senditnow.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
We use nearly every courier going in work, i've seen us placing orders at five at night and there on the door for before eight the next morning from germany.

Ashton

RMS Regular
Drives
Used senditnow for a bumper, arrived damaged and box completely opened and wouldnt pay a penny towards it, avoid for car parts. Terrible company.

colin84

RMS Regular
For me they have been excellent. One or two minor problems, but nothing big. I've sent front wings and glass etc at the buyers risk, and they have always arrived fine.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
Used senditnow for a bumper, arrived damaged and box completely opened and wouldnt pay a penny towards it, avoid for car parts. Terrible company.

Paisleyfreight did the same (and worse) to me and people still think they're the be all and end all.
I've send loads of stuff with parcelforce - couple of years ago I used to be flat out sending oversized panels and bumpers to England and they were grand.

Every company has their ups and downs. SiN are ok priced and fairly reliable but claiming is a nightmare. Citylink the same. PF are terrible on all counts. DHL and UPS are fast, reliable and easy to submit claims to but twice the price even with trade account. So, you use whichever is appropriate for what you're looking to send/receive.

Darren91

RMS Regular
Made a claim with parcelforce for late delivery, got half the money back so pretty chuffed (y)