Senditnow - Wheels

Ashton

RMS Regular
Drives
you cant really say avoid for car parts - most couriers wont insure car panels.

was it appropriately packaged?

Yes it was from a company in England who photographed everything for me before sending. It arrived with the box completely opened, tape cut down the middle and edge of bumper showing with bubble wrap ripped of it. I paid extra for insurance as well without anything refunded, ultimately says in T&C about car parts so down to me. You'd think they'd refund the cost for added insurance and the shipment at least, very poor in my books.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Bumping this thread - has anyone got a successful contact number for Senditnow? I booked for 4 wheels to be collected from Watford on Friday (made the booking on Thursday), and this didn't happen. Now they've stopped communicating over the online ticketing system, and the only number I can find for them is constantly engaged.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
8o|

No sign today either I assume? I booked something for collection last week actually and they didnt come until the day after. I've spoken to them on the phone before, but I have a feeling I maybe just phoned Parcelforce? Might be worth trying that.

RevT

RMS Regular
I’m pretty confident that it’s Parcelforce that run it, maybe give your local place a call?

pablo

RMS Moderator
last time I looked parcelforce were not doing collections due to covid
should have read the notice ;)

UK
Any service issues will be detailed below;
Service Issues:
Suspension of Ad Hoc Collections - Until 04 June
Last updated today at 10:57

Suspension of Adhoc collections – Until 04 June 2020
  • Due to unprecedented demand in our network, the next available ad-hoc collection date you will be able to book is for Thursday 04 June 2020.
  • We are reviewing this on a daily basis and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I've booked 4 or 5 collections the last few weeks and all collected from peoples houses.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Yeah there was absolutely no mention of that on the website, and it allowed the booking, and took my money? Still says on the tracker that it's due for collection on the 29th May.

They responded to my message on Friday afternoon too saying "Collections can happen right up to 6pm"

pablo

RMS Moderator
I did it a while back and ended up getting the sender to drop stuff into the local PO

maybe at their discretion just

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
@pablo you were right. They just sent me an email saying that they can't collect it until 4th June. However because my booking was for a previous date, I need to rebook. Bit of a handling trying to arrange with the seller, but they say they're refunding my original booking so not too bad.

I can't understand why the took the booking at all, AND answered my question on Friday saying they were still going to be lifted that day.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
After rebooking again for Thursday 4th June, the guy I bought the wheels off texted me on Thursday evening saying the wheels had been collected. The following day, the tracking still said "Awaiting collection". I assumed this was their way of getting around the "next day delivery by noon" guarantee, so I opened a support case saying that I knew they had been collected, and it was now the end of the Friday and there was still no sign of the wheels. Now, 5 days and 3 messages from me later, the packages still say "awaiting collection", and I'm convinced that either:
a.) They have made layoffs and the driver has took the hump and drove his van into whatever body of water is closest to Watford
b) They've gone out of business

1591720661643.png

The support ticket that I have open has been in "New" state since Friday as well, so it looks like nobody has even seen it.

Saw this on trustpilot too - posted yesterday:

1591720718673.png

I tried ringing ParcelForce but it's impossible to get speaking to anyone, just a maze of options leading to automated things. Still nobody with a sneaky insider number to Senditnow?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Also this is a little worrying:

They're just a booking agent though. The logistics are performed by parcelforce. So if anyone actually has lifted the wheels and it's not the seller pulling your leg it'll be parcelforce, not senditnow.

pablo

RMS Moderator
yup - sometimes they can take a while to update especially if sitting in a post office and missed collection but if they were lifted yesterday then Id be a little concerned

use the parcelforce tracking number on their site, and avoid senditnow tracking

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Recently used speed shift for a set
Of alloys from Scotland. Super fast and collected from a house

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
yup - sometimes they can take a while to update especially if sitting in a post office and missed collection but if they were lifted yesterday then Id be a little concerned

use the parcelforce tracking number on their site, and avoid senditnow tracking
They were lifted on Thursday. Using the tracking number on ParcelForce says the tracking is unavailable. I'll try calling ParcelForce tomorrow and just have patience until I get speaking to a person.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Ive a RM package that was shipped yesterday and its not giving me status on it so maybe system borked

Avant1

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Paisley freight collected 4 ( individually wrapped ) wheels from me and delivered the next day . Well 2 and the other 2 the day after lol but they got there

Bryan

RMS Regular
Try your tracking code on the actual Parcelforce website rather than senditnow - you might see more detail.

I used them all the time and never really had a problem. Things would occasionally get delayed and as a result they compensated me 50% no questions asked. Their customer support was always very good.

ST Kyle

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335i
I booked with senditnow for a wee bike that was collection only on eBay to be collected yesterday. Still not collected and no response to the support tickets and phone constantly busy.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Thought I'd keep ya's up to date on this because it's reached funny levels at this point.

Senditnow responded this morning with a generic "we can attempt to collect your packages again, but this is an informal process etc". I told them that's of no benefit to me because they were already collected on Thursday.

Parcelforce responded saying "we've no idea, based off the tracking number they haven't been lifted yet. Hope this helps"

Now, 10 mins ago, the guy I bought the wheels off has said ParcelForce have just arrived BACK AT HIS HOUSE trying to deliver the wheels to him. He explained they were collected from his house on Thursday, and the driver said his was the only address they had. So they took them, kept them at the depot for 5 days, then tried to deliver them back to him. Fantastic. I'm now awaiting a call from the driver.

I spoke to the guy I bought the wheels off and thankfully he took a photo of the wheels being loaded into a parcelforce van, plus a photo of the collection reference. He was very helpful.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Thought I'd keep ya's up to date on this because it's reached funny levels at this point.

Senditnow responded this morning with a generic "we can attempt to collect your packages again, but this is an informal process etc". I told them that's of no benefit to me because they were already collected on Thursday.

Parcelforce responded saying "we've no idea, based off the tracking number they haven't been lifted yet. Hope this helps"

Now, 10 mins ago, the guy I bought the wheels off has said ParcelForce have just arrived BACK AT HIS HOUSE trying to deliver the wheels to him. He explained they were collected from his house on Thursday, and the driver said his was the only address they had. So they took them, kept them at the depot for 5 days, then tried to deliver them back to him. Fantastic. I'm now awaiting a call from the driver.
Your never getting them hahahaha its not meant to be lol

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
@Gaz VW I had smilar issues. The stuff has since been delivered but tracking not updated in 5 days.

When I booked with send it now they went ahead and sent me the labels which all looked correct. When parcelforce didn't collect the parcels I inquired and they told me that the tracking number showed they were to be collected from send it now office postcode DN22 because of some gremlin in the system.

I ended up just dropping them off at the parcel force depot for handiness.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Update. On Wednesday Senditnow told me "we will send the driver back to make the collection, but this is an informal process. Your best option is to rebook the packages again and we'll refund your first one" - to which I had to remind them that THEY HAD MY PACKAGES IN THEIR DEPOT, finally after about 6 emails back and forth they gave me a new series of tracking numbers which did actually work.

This morning, much to my surprise, a ParcelForce van arrived! He then brought out two wheels. "that's all i have in the van mate". Checked the tracking number and yep, two packages are delivered, two are still in London. How can they get it so badly wrong!