Skyline R33 Spec2

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Clean bay for a 33 at this stage. Assume it’s had a freshen up and towers done?
Looks well
Yea I got the towers brought back to bare metal to check condition as the whole car and towers has been painted previously by one of the owners who owned a bodyshop.

Always wondered was if covering anything so I wanted to make sure myself and turns out they’re ok thankfully and it was just done as a freshen up and not to hide anything.

Im happy with how it’s sitting now for a 26+ year old car 👍

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Wee clean and fuelled up with some 99ron and went for a blast…. I’ve missed driving this car!!
45BE001B-2956-47A4-8AA0-C184D59EB117.jpeg

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Always feels good to get out in them again after the winter break.

I didn't know we could get 99 anywhere in NI.

Yup there’s a few now 👍

Due to not driving it for a while i forgot how quick it is too.

What made me laugh was my youngest girl at 3 walked outside big inhale “ahh I love the smell of the skyline” as she shouts for her big bro, both out and start inhaling the fumes 🤣🤣

Right that’s enough get in the house you two petrol heads ha

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Have made the decision to finally bite the bullet and give the car a full respray, it’s getting done 16th April week… pulling favours from a sprayer friend where we both are gona strip it down and he paints. Few imperfections here and there and few bits badly painted by previous owner that always lets the car down.

Gona get the alloys painted while I’m there too… he can do that part himself though 😅

Interior ✅
Engine bay ✅
Bodywork & wheels

Old cars eh, hard work but so rewarding when you see them get better and better… knowing you have done a lot of the work yourself and know the car inside out is great too.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Left the car down to Powdertek in Dargan to get the wheels refreshed.
A336323A-C773-4CF1-9B9E-6C1960981D69.jpeg

@Normski sent me a photo from their Facebook of a colour and it seemed like the one I wanted to redo mine.
D12375D7-13A3-4676-9C35-8677F2B133FA.jpeg

Dark grey with bronze shine of it when the light hits off them. They aren’t matt finish like before so they really pop.

Old colour was abit done and little life in them.

So got the car home and give it a decent enough clean… looks great now although look bit dark in those photos.

Before:
8261AFE6-1577-4389-8B3B-3FB946A4C14C.jpeg

After:
85DA2F8A-3120-4849-9B0C-020F7A5BAD06.jpeg

355BA239-99A6-4F33-B6E7-7B7B0C169A0B.jpeg
8F92FCCC-FC3E-4F5E-A0D4-EC6A283F3900.jpeg
64A11651-01EC-42CD-866F-1AFDED8CA755.jpeg

Last edited:

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Powdertek do a great job. I only recently found out they take the whole car now too after I recommend them to a friend. I last used them before they changed units so they must have a bigger outfit now. Looks like a top job and the colour is class👍🏻

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
So the mighty skyline is going in shortly to be stripped apart and painted along with a few changes made.

One of the changes I’m strongly considering is (apart from the engine bay) is to change the colour to a different shade of white, pearl white, same as the newer skyline gtr’s to make it a bit more modern/fresher/difference looking. Like below:
IMG_5331.jpeg

IMG_5160.jpeg

IMG_5161.jpeg

Poor lighting in those photos to be fair but colour will look a lot deeper and more shine to it.

People’s thoughts?

schoolboy

RMS Regular
It’s your car so ultimately it’s your choice to drive and enjoy. But, perhaps it will give the car a slightly updated appearance ?
Of course some will tell you that such a change might impact its value etc.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I wouldn't worry too much about value. Those hung up on "originality" will be hung up on any respray or restoration. It's a weird world that one.

Personally I think original just for the period look. Same with slightly faded paint in the engine bay or in the door shuts or whatever, it's all part of the history of the car.

Personally I wouldn't strip it either unless there is rust, or anything that needs to be repaired. Just clean it up and enjoy it. Once you go down the route of everything looking shiny new you'll be forever fussing and not using it.

Just personal opinion of course. I'm sure it will be fabulous whatever you do 😎

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
The only thing with painting it with Pearl is that if you get any chips it’s very difficult to touch them up and match them in properly.

If you want a really white, white. Fords van white is the whitest there is lol

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Thanks everyone for the feedback so far👍
Personally I would keep it original - no one will care if its 2010 GTR Pearl White
Oh I’m not trying to impress anyone but myself… when I’m spending few grand it’s nice to see what i get for it. A nice shiny same colour bodywork would be great but I’m thinking a colour that’s not too far away what it is now but has a bit more of a pop to it would be an upgrade and also il feel I have got my money worth if you get me?

I was big into painting it green at one point after following this beaut but decided against it.
IMG_5338.jpeg

IMG_5337.jpeg
IMG_5339.jpeg

@big_pete yea true mate, it was difficult to match bumpers in the 370z. It had same colour but unsure if that should stop me. 🙈

My thoughts, we only live once and no doubt this will be my last time owning one of these, regardless if it slightly devalues it il still make a profit as the prices have rocketed since I bought it. I don’t plan on selling though but suppose you never know what is in front of you.

Il stew over the idea over the next few days but again thanks so much for the feedback much appreciated, I struggle to decide on certain things as you can guess 🤣

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I'm trying to use OE parts and keep my car as original as I can because that's what I want to do to my car.

Doesn't mean I don't love modified cars or seeing what other people do to them to make them their own. It's individual taste. I love your Skyline, but I wouldn't be painting it unless it needed it. If the paint was awful and you fancied a change I wouldn't be against it, although I love your current white. If the car is still fairly clean it almost seems a waste🤷🏻‍♂️

Ultimately mate, it's your car and what I always say is, f*** resale value. Enjoy it, drive it and make it how you want it.👍🏻

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Don’t bother, run the buff over it and use the money to buy a decent turbo kit.

Or, just oe white, qm1