Subaru Impreza STI 330s

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
It's spring time oil change (y) car uses next to no oil between changes (4k mile) which is cracking for anybody who's knows about 2.5 impreza engines

20160317_113402.jpg

20160317_113425.jpg

Next up is map tweak time to get full benefit of 3" system (y) *cough* @bludgod hurry up *cough*

Niall

RMS Regular
@Gambit

Who would you use / recommend for remapping one of these? Already fitted de-resonated H&S centre section to mate's 330s but toying with idea of changing downpipe next.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
When I get a new clutch into mine and timing belt on, I'm going to take it to Pete too. See what sort of map is on mine and if it can be improved. He comes highly recommended it seems.

What grade of oil do you use on the 2.5?

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
When I get a new clutch into mine and timing belt on, I'm going to take it to Pete too. See what sort of map is on mine and if it can be improved. He comes highly recommended it seems.

What grade of oil do you use on the 2.5?

Yeah pete's a good lad (y)

Oil is total quartz racing 10w50. Alway use it in this and the previous impreza, good oil and not expensive

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
With all the traffic on the roads today I managed to get a quick glimpse of this heading past the airport going towards Bangor. Class looking car, it didn't click who owned it until I saw the taillights in the mirror lol. Rare things to see on the road, really stands out of a crowed.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
I also spotted you, potentially pulling out from where you live so I wont name it. Was this morning about 7.45ish. Looks great.

Chris0

RMS Regular
It's looking really well think I seen it at one of the subaru Cars & Coffee.

Where did you get the battery bracket? Link? Really tidies it up mine is just an old bit of metal

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
Where and how much was the brace ?
You can get them on US ebay but i found a fella on uk ebay selling one only a few months old

It's looking really well think I seen it at one of the subaru Cars & Coffee.

Where did you get the battery bracket? Link? Really tidies it up mine is just an old bit of metal

Yeah was up at the antrim cars n coffee a few weeks back. I got the battery bracket of one of the breakers on scoobynet, handy money at £20...original brackets are terrible looking

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
Picked up a hard intake pipe and had a piper cross filter lying in the garage so will have a play with it to see what difference it makes...needs mapped in though

2016-04-04 21.52.17.jpg

Attachments

• 20160404_213149.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 93

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
For all I've drivin mine I find "sport" easiest to drive in , then "sport#" for when the mood takes me :p. "Intellegent" does nothing for me , it has no redeeming features. It's not even more economical from what I can tell , it just indicates when to change gear which I ignore anyway !

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
I take it its like anti lag but not as loud?

pops & bangs yeah - but its not exactly that audible in a hatch as they are pretty well sound deadened. plus its mullering my mpg hence would really only like it on Sport# mode but not possible (n)

For all I've drivin mine I find "sport" easiest to drive in , then "sport#" for when the mood takes me :p. "Intellegent" does nothing for me , it has no redeeming features. It's not even more economical from what I can tell , it just indicates when to change gear which I ignore anyway !

yeah i didnt use Intelligent mode when it was standard, though my intelligent mode is a fair bit different now.