Subaru impreza turbo wagon

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mthompo

RMS Regular
OP
mthompo
Drives
Too much...
Thanks for all the comments lads :grinning:

Hopefully getting prodrive exhaust tomorrow:grinning: only backbox and standard center so need to decat it and get a down pipe :grinning:

mthompo

RMS Regular
OP
mthompo
Drives
Too much...
stick a straight centre on with the prodrive backbox, its really not loud at all even with straight centre section just perfect

It has an straight centre on it now, so you reckon just a put the back box on it then?

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Depends how much noise you like, mine is decatted from turbo back but has a small centre resonator and i think its perfect, not intrusive at all and neighbour friendly but has that muffled turbo sound when u give it the boot. A decatted downpipe will make it a bit louder too

quick vid of mine after fitting to give you an idea, fair bit louder in real life though and id expect it to be louder again once its mapped and boost turned up

mthompo

RMS Regular
OP
mthompo
Drives
Too much...
Depends how much noise you like, mine is decatted from turbo back but has a small centre resonator and i think its perfect, not intrusive at all and neighbour friendly but has that muffled turbo sound when u give it the boot. A decatted downpipe will make it a bit louder too

quick vid of mine after fitting to give you an idea, fair bit louder in real life though and id expect it to be louder again once its mapped and boost turned up

That sounds nice! I like having a bit of bark and don't mind the noise it's just what's on it now is too loud lol I'll get a wee vid of it tomorrow I'm sure my neighbours love me I'd start it let it sit and idle and it vibrates through the house

Gambit

RMS Regular
if its the backbox and centre section of scoobyireland for newage you bought then its only the backbox thatll fit anyhow. centre section are different on classic and newage is usually rotten anyhow

mthompo

RMS Regular
OP
mthompo
Drives
Too much...
So got the backbox today and center section but center section is standard and will be binned more than likely as @Gambit says it won't fit may need to get a center now to have to see I seem to remember the fella telling me it was a 3inch system and the prodrive box is 2.5 so have to see at the weekend
image.jpg

image.jpg

Weekend will tell and see what the score is :grinning:

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
I just bought a pro R exhaust from eastwoods and it sounds the ticket, its quite loud when floored but reasonably quiet when just pottering about. Glad I got rid of the nur spec to be honest.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
nice! wheres the tingling coming from? maybe a good rake out a back road will blow the baffles out of it:p

mthompo

RMS Regular
OP
mthompo
Drives
Too much...
nice! wheres the tingling coming from? maybe a good rake out a back road will blow the baffles out of it:p

I think it's the tip, you know the way it's rolled in then like a baffle looking thing before it actually gets into the back box think it's that bit!

mthompo

RMS Regular
OP
mthompo
Drives
Too much...
It's also going in to good friend of my dads Stanley the fella that's doing the etype with him to get rear arches repaired as ps one is quite bad so next two weeks or so will be going to get that done :grinning: also think have an sti upper spoiler lined up for her :grinning:

mthompo

RMS Regular
OP
mthompo
Drives
Too much...
So question for yous after fitting the pro drive exhaust I have figured out that it is indeed a 2.5inch system. Question is I have a friend breaking a scoob which has lot of trick bits currently 350 odd bhp would love to get the turbo injectors ecu ect but with it needing rear arches done I'm going to have to pass. But I am getting his rad as mine has been repaired and his is brand new. The only other thing that I had interest in was the decat downpipe.

So question is
1 would it need mapped to suit the decat?
2 his is three inch system would it be better just waiting for 2.5 down pipe or are the reducers ok?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Without knowing what turbo/inj/ecu it even had, chances are it would be a complete waste of money anyway.

1. No it doesnt need remapped. But would do no harm to check boost levels etc afterwards. But it may benefit from being remapped. Whether it would represent value for money....is the main question.

2. Reducers are fine, most downpipes stepdown to 2.5" to mate to the system anyway unless they're ordered as full 3"

Even at 350-400, you wouldnt see any difference between a 2.5 and 3" system anyway

seaside-racer

RMS Regular
Drives
discovery & wrx
As said most de cats are step down to two and half inch to mate up with the standard system flanges.

I didn't have mine truly mapped when I had the de cat, full system, and panel filter fitted with the Apexi afc. Once I put in the stainless manifold and up pipe she spikes boost and hits fuel cut when pushed hard. Fitting a boost controller to stop spiking as they hold boost better and taking it in to get the Apexi setup once it's back on the road again.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I've a hayward and scott decat downpipe 3" reduced to 2'5" on mine and its fine at the current power levels, as said above no real need for full 3" until over 400 bhp

mthompo

RMS Regular
OP
mthompo
Drives
Too much...
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Stripped for arches to get repaired, also noticed two sills aren't good the last three 4 inches managed to get a whole in both with some poking. So it's getting every last bit of rust cut out and done properly by Stanley who does all the metal work on the cars my dad restores. Then going to painter all starts on Wednesday.

Thankfully it's not as bad as some some tlc she will be ready ;) was going to wait until winter but arches where annoying me and I'm glad I have caught the sills before things get worse! Be couple of weeks id say then get her back and built up again :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.