Subaru impreza turbo wagon

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Think I spotted you skiting down the hill on the Knock Road earlier? It was 'going' well ;)

mthompo

RMS Regular
OP
mthompo
Drives
Too much...
Think I spotted you skiting down the hill on the Knock Road earlier? It was 'going' well ;)

On way home from work lol hasn't been drove in ages so took it this morning had to blow cobwebs out ;) What where you driving hope I was behaving :p

Reactions: dub

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Haha I was heading up the hill and noticed the plate and the note :grinning:

I was in the MK3 Golf.

mthompo

RMS Regular
OP
mthompo
Drives
Too much...
well she is out of tax come the end of the month going to sorn then some tlc is going to happen.

Front bumper coming off to get painted, some scores etc thinking of the rear one too as it has a mark on it. The scoop baldy discoloured also so more than likely get that done.

Then after that the whole underside is going to get undersealed and take rear sumframe out get it blasted and painted/powder coated as its fusty, unless anyone else knows of one sitting??? basically want to get underneath cleaned up and have it sitting on its toes :grinning: thinking of rebushing it when im at it but will see what happens

mthompo

RMS Regular
OP
mthompo
Drives
Too much...
What's it like on fuel?

Its not bad if you keep your right foot under control, its not great but not as bad as I thought it would be. 25 of super (only run it on the that) would get me from donaghadee to castlereagh twice back and forth and still be some in it.....never worked out MPG in it really lol if it needs fuel it gets it not used a hell of a lot tbh the odd b road blast and id take it to work on a Saturday if im not in the BMW

S88JKG

RMS Photographer
Its not bad if you keep your right foot under control, its not great but not as bad as I thought it would be. 25 of super (only run it on the that) would get me from donaghadee to castlereagh twice back and forth and still be some in it.....never worked out MPG in it really lol if it needs fuel it gets it not used a hell of a lot tbh the odd b road blast and id take it to work on a Saturday if im not in the BMW

About 70-80 mile?

similar to Megane then...hmm lol. There's a nice wagon on scumtree atm but it's been for sale a while now and the good ones are usually snapped up!

$_80.JPG

mthompo

RMS Regular
OP
mthompo
Drives
Too much...
About 70-80 mile?

similar to Megane then...hmm lol. There's a nice wagon on scumtree atm but it's been for sale a while now and the good ones are usually snapped up!

$_80.JPG

Probably still there because its quite modified, service history is good ,only thing I would say is check the rear arches!!!

S88JKG

RMS Photographer
Probably still there because its quite modified, service history is good ,only thing I would say is check the rear arches!!!

Not much else to check for other than the usual? I think it looks awesome, hard to beat a classic wagon (y)

mthompo

RMS Regular
OP
mthompo
Drives
Too much...
Not much else to check for other than the usual? I think it looks awesome, hard to beat a classic wagon (y)

just make sure engines nice and quiet mine had a full rebuild including two heads literally 3000 miles before I bought it there is 97k on mine. try to get a could hoke up in the rear turrets they can go quite bad mine was wild tbh but get every last bit cut out as in previous posts, I have hear they can rot at battery tray as well but mines solid there. if you pm me your no. I can send you photos of how bad my rear turrets where so you know where to look!

mthompo

RMS Regular
OP
mthompo
Drives
Too much...
So got the car ready for selling wee bits and pieces needed done there was repair on the radiator that had started to seep a bit and a lazy starter so both pulled out and replaced today

Old radiator looked bit sorry for itself

image.jpg

Nice new one :

image.jpg

Old starter ;

image.jpg

New one in place :grinning:

image.jpg

Then a quick wash :

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And now in our classifieds....might regret this one :rolleyes:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.