Subaru impreza turbo wagon

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Any close up shots of the arches from in the back of the car?
Is that a wee hole i spy in the passenger side strut tower?

mthompo

RMS Regular
OP
mthompo
Drives
Too much...
Any close up shots of the arches from in the back of the car?
Is that a wee hole i spy in the passenger side strut tower?

It is indeed chum you where right the other day :worried: the d/s has a pretty big hole but not at the top, inside the arches at the front there is a wee lip in front of the strut mine was full of the crap of the day and by the time I poked about a got a damn big hole lol but it's all good getting sorted slightly gutted at the time but was assured it was all easily repairable by the body worker and says seen worse so anything at all showing signs of rust will be cut out

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
It is indeed chum you where right the other day :worried: the d/s has a pretty big hole but not at the top, inside the arches at the front there is a wee lip in front of the strut mine was full of the crap of the day and by the time I poked about a got a damn big hole lol but it's all good getting sorted slightly gutted at the time but was assured it was all easily repairable by the body worker and says seen worse so anything at all showing signs of rust will be cut out

Sorry to hear that, but now's the time to get it sorted!
Had a hoke at mine earlier today and managed to put a wee hole in the exact same spot - Does Stanley fancy another one to work at? lol
Im tempted to just patch it for now for MOT and sort it when the tax is up, i just don't know if its something I could tackle myself

mthompo

RMS Regular
OP
mthompo
Drives
Too much...
Well Stanley still working away at it when he has free time. Turns out someone had botched the two quarters. After the arches had been ground back revealed a load of filler and botch work down by a previous owner at some stage. So was all cut out basically he has fabricated two rear quarters for her.

Few pound more than I expected but rather was all done now and painted so don't have to keep arsing about.

Hopefully get it back in a week or two by the time he has it welded then away to get painted! Just goes to show you the car looked very clean apart from few bubbles on arches until plastics inside where taken off and the arches ground back to reveal some muppets laziness. But will be back to former glory now :grinning:

mthompo

RMS Regular
OP
mthompo
Drives
Too much...
Well lifted this from painters today to say I'm chuffed is an understatement! Brilliant brilliant job done by both! Can't wait to get it built up at the weekend :grinning:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
First time seeing this for some reason. Lovely motor and great job on the restoration ;)

mthompo

RMS Regular
OP
mthompo
Drives
Too much...
First time seeing this for some reason. Lovely motor and great job on the restoration ;)

Never really thought of that suppose it is a bit of a restoration lol next up is underneath it's all fusty but solid so out with the grinder and fap discs to rub it all back dry it out and waxoyl the crap out of it to keep it like this!

that looks the job. and you'll get your repair money back anytime you go to sell it! a classic without rusty arches is a rare sight!

Well I hope to keep it a while and enjoy it, but your right most I have seen seem to suffer the same fate and I'm sure have a a lot of hidden rust underneath the plastics inside that people don't know

mthompo

RMS Regular
OP
mthompo
Drives
Too much...
And built back up :grinning:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Next on the list is to get the sti upper spoiler on after john has painted it as it's carbon and think it would look naff! Then up on the ramp and the whole underside prepped treated and waxoyled. Possibly thinking of the wheels refurbed unsure of what colour to do!

Then I'll think of some performance mods would like a down pipe decat then maybe a remap :confounded:

Comments and suggestions welcome :grinning:

driven

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondy ST220 BMW
Looks really nice pitty about the rear arches, that was the base on me purchasing mine as they have already been done, only thing that someone has done to mine is instead of using the bolt in mounts welded bolts into the rear iner quater to mount the bumper, makes things easier for me as my bumpers on and of more times than the lights have been atbthe minute, very very nice wagon though, if you havent sold the old exhaust and its for sale drop me a pm would be interested in it

mthompo

RMS Regular
OP
mthompo
Drives
Too much...
Looks really nice pitty about the rear arches, that was the base on me purchasing mine as they have already been done, only thing that someone has done to mine is instead of using the bolt in mounts welded bolts into the rear iner quater to mount the bumper, makes things easier for me as my bumpers on and of more times than the lights have been atbthe minute, very very nice wagon though, if you havent sold the old exhaust and its for sale drop me a pm would be interested in it

Sorry old exhaust is gone already! Cheers!

That paint job looks smashing mate lovely wagon

Cheers!

mthompo

RMS Regular
OP
mthompo
Drives
Too much...
exhaust looks very nice there buddy ;)

Does doesn't it ;) Didn't realise you where on here chum! You should get a thread up on yours (y)

paint job & colour match looks perfect on it (y) wouldnt be putting smaller 16's on it (n) id move the fog into the rear cluster tho with a red bulb

Na don't think I'll be going to 16's but want these refurbed down the line or the other set unsure which looks best! Still undecided on colour though!

Yea need to change the fog about something simple which I haven't got around to!

Pete

RMS Regular
Drives
stinkin disco 2
Looks great! Didn't even realise you were selling the disco! :worried: I need to sell my type r and buy one lol

mthompo

RMS Regular
OP
mthompo
Drives
Too much...
So decided to clay and buff the scooby today, bit raging lost the sun before I could take some pics apart from one halfway through this colour is sooo different in the soon looks near black in these :worried:
This is one half way through
image.jpg

Then when it was finished
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.