Super Unleaded 99 Ron Launch

GrantR

RMS Regular
Are the additives used similar to the like of NF octane booster? Just wondering if it leaves an orange residue on the plugs the same way NF did.

The Exocet stuff they all seem to be using contains trimethylbenzene as the octane booster. The likes of NF use a manganese containing compound which is responsible for the discolouration and plug fouling.

ka88

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997 C2S
been running the 997 and MX5 on this last couple of weeks, no complaints (y)

chopaholic

RMS Regular
Drives
JZ S15 / X5
I see it's not on the map the solo in Ballybogey is doing 99 Ron now. Could be handy for anyone visiting the North coast.

I was coming here to ensure there was defo some around the Ballymoney area before I get my car mapped on 99 again, cheers.

R36_

RMS Regular
Drives
R36 Passat
I was coming here to ensure there was defo some around the Ballymoney area before I get my car mapped on 99 again, cheers.
Milltown & Bogey both doing it, ran a good few tanks through the R36, definitely notice a difference, runs smoother, picks up a good bit quicker. Good stuff imo.

hippyross

RMS Regular
Got some recently to dilute the stuff that was in there for two years lol, due another fill.
IMG_20230421_190957.jpg

Carl Jones

RMS Member
Drives
Evo8 MR
I noticed it in Solo Comber (Newtownards) too.... Not tried it on the evo yet but will give it a shot and do some logging. Anyone else using this over this kneck of the woods?
IMG-20230605-WA0009.jpg

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Let us know what the logs say @Carl Jones, it would be good to know exactly how the engine is reacting to it before using it long term

riano

RMS Regular
Drives
C63s coupe
Have used the one in Comber now for about the last 6 fill ups. Not noticed a massive difference but think MPG has gone up slightly

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I noticed it in Solo Comber (Newtownards) too.... Not tried it on the evo yet but will give it a shot and do some logging. Anyone else using this over this kneck of the woods? View attachment 399845

On my 7th fill up and been running my 99/100 map with no issues however................

Just had a fuel regulator fault on my car this morning, unsure if its related BUTTTTTT when filling up yesterday at the pump closest to the store, I realised it was taking FOREVER to fill. I stopped at 20L (probably 10 mins) as the pump was pulsing and going very slowly.

I reported it to the store clerk who quickly told me that they are not their pumps (which I knew). She said the main tank might be low 🤷‍♂️ but couldn't tell me if the other 99 had a separate pump or not. Since she said the main tank might be low, I am now worried I may have crap again in my tank (previous history of this!).

@arnbeckett I am not sure if you have anything to do with Comber but the pump seemed faulty to me and tbh the girl didn't seem to care

leek9

RMS Regular
Drives
GTR FD2R SiR
I've had issues with the pumps in Cookstown (burn road station) as well, I mostly fill drums and take them home to fill the cars (i work nearby the station but live 35 miles away), had i been filling the cars directly id of been none the wiser and a lot less paranoid about fuel quality in general.

Firstly a red algae in the fuel, likely due to not properly cleaning the tank which probably held diesel previously. I was filling my car from the drum and was nearly at the bottom of the jar when i noticed it floating around the bottom, and given that it was pulling from the bottom i had no idea how much had made its way into the tank, so had to drain the clean the tank, it was full of the stuff. Made the supplier/owner of the pumps know, got a response after i spent 4 hours ripping up my back seats and draining the tank fully which was full of the red algae, he offered me my money back for the fuel pretty much.

1686045518191.png

Recently there has been a fine black silt, made the supplier aware again but no response, so i let it settle then filter the fuel before it goes into the car.

1686045550576.png

Will be trying the A29 Solo next to see what their quality is like.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I now have proper fear. Going to have to take the filter housing out of the tank to inspect ffs

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
SubaruLegacy
Oh dear, not great to see that all in the fuel that's meant to be a premium product. Wonder what went wrong.

leek9

RMS Regular
Drives
GTR FD2R SiR
just to be clear, i don't think the fuel is the problem here, i think it is the condition of the underground tanks which the fuel was filled into.

ill be checking the A29 with some new clean drums to see how it looks, some stations (like the OP's) has had a new tank fitted for this fuel, so i will be filling up from there, as i make a trip every few weeks past his Ballyrobert station for work.

AC

RMS Regular
That's very interesting. Good idea on filling a drum... might be worthwhile someone doing the same on the comber and bangor pumps

*goes to buy clear jerry cans from ebay*

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Hmmm, yeah def looks like using a clear container to see what it’s like, I def don’t want to have silt going into the impreza after fitting a new uprated fuel pump etc

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I've had issues with the pumps in Cookstown (burn road station) as well, I mostly fill drums and take them home to fill the cars (i work nearby the station but live 35 miles away), had i been filling the cars directly id of been none the wiser and a lot less paranoid about fuel quality in general.

Firstly a red algae in the fuel, likely due to not properly cleaning the tank which probably held diesel previously. I was filling my car from the drum and was nearly at the bottom of the jar when i noticed it floating around the bottom, and given that it was pulling from the bottom i had no idea how much had made its way into the tank, so had to drain the clean the tank, it was full of the stuff. Made the supplier/owner of the pumps know, got a response after i spent 4 hours ripping up my back seats and draining the tank fully which was full of the red algae, he offered me my money back for the fuel pretty much.

View attachment 399894

Recently there has been a fine black silt, made the supplier aware again but no response, so i let it settle then filter the fuel before it goes into the car.

View attachment 399895

Will be trying the A29 Solo next to see what their quality is like.
Oh dear. I tried to fill my car last week but the pump was going very slow so stopped at 60p. I just filled it last night with £50. I also filled a container for my mower last night so I’ll check that tonight.

ELS123

RMS Regular
Anywhere around East Belfast doing 99? Interested to see the difference if any

arnbeckett

RMS Regular
OP
arnbeckett
Drives
GTR/Defender
On my 7th fill up and been running my 99/100 map with no issues however................

Just had a fuel regulator fault on my car this morning, unsure if its related BUTTTTTT when filling up yesterday at the pump closest to the store, I realised it was taking FOREVER to fill. I stopped at 20L (probably 10 mins) as the pump was pulsing and going very slowly.

I reported it to the store clerk who quickly told me that they are not their pumps (which I knew). She said the main tank might be low 🤷‍♂️ but couldn't tell me if the other 99 had a separate pump or not. Since she said the main tank might be low, I am now worried I may have crap again in my tank (previous history of this!).

@arnbeckett I am not sure if you have anything to do with Comber but the pump seemed faulty to me and tbh the girl didn't seem to care
Hi Boydie, Loughbrickland and Ballyrobert are my stores and both have new tanks for the Super, Spar Lisbane is actually mine beside Comber but we have no way to get new tanks at the minute unfortunately.

Any other Solo now selling it is Solo company owned including Comber and Cookstown.

If a pump is straining it is either running low or its filters are clogged either way I would not continue to fill as this is dredging the tank or forcing fuel through clogged filters.

Sorry you guys have had a bad experience at other sites, not good for our image.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
If a pump is straining it is either running low or its filters are clogged either way I would not continue to fill as this is dredging the tank or forcing fuel through clogged filters.

Confirming my fears :worried: think I will have to have a go at stripping my fuel tank housing myself this weekend

saxo_man

RMS Regular
When filling the car a few days ago I also got a fill for the lawnmower. I shook up and then poured the contents of the jerry can of 99RON into a clear jar and left it to sit last night, there was no evidence of any residuce in the fuel at all.