"The Breakfast Club" for mental health awareness.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

56oval

RMS Regular
BREAKFST CLUB.png

Hi folks, as many of you rms'ers are aware, we have an ongoing thread with regards to mental illness here https://rmsmotoring.com/forum/threads/men-and-mental-health-lets-lose-the-taboo.207500/

I have spoken to a few members in that group about an idea that was to do a breakfast meet, early in the morning so people can get on with their day, back to families, work or other commitments.

In a nutshell, i thought it would be a great idea to bring both things together.

So here are the basics. I'm happy to cook bangers, bacon etc on the bbq, eggs in the frying pan, bring hot water or facilities to boil water. you need to bring your own cup or preffered hot beverage, tea, coffee etc.

Its not solely about the cars this one, its more about us the people. A chance (or excuse) to leave the house for a few hours and grab a bite, a cuppa and more importantly, meet up with folk and get a change of scenery and hopefully some positive stimulation.

If you just wan't to roll up , get fed and watered and roll on, thats fine, if you want to stop and chat, again, thats fine.

We are all in a similar boat one way or the other, and i for one have had my battles with the brain this past few years and none of us should be alone in our struggles. This is purely to lighten the load for a few hours for you all.
So thats it, in a nutshell.

The location will be.

JD Tiplers Portadown, carpark

The date Sat 6th Oct.

The time. 8am -10.30 (ish)

Come and get some brain food :grinning:

Please let me know your intentions of attending as i need a head count for food, anyone who would like to donate or support with food and beverages would be MOST welcome. I don't want to put on a coffee or food van, making the stuff is in itself, food for the mind and this isn't solely a "cars and coffee" affair.

Regards.

Ben.

Last edited:

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
I'll be there.

I'll be heading from Maghera and going via Cookstown (but can also go via belfast). Given the nature of the event, if any member doesn't have a car, doesn't want to go on their own or just wants a chat on the way instead of driving on their own, I'm happy to give anyone along either of those routes a lift.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Fingers crossed I’ll be there. I can’t say for definite yet as I quite literally live from day to day as with my wife’s Fibromyalgia it’s hard to tell how she’s feeling or what she’s capable of until we’re up that morning if you get me.

c_rad

RMS Regular
Count me in for this also. Happy to help out bring some food along also if required!

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Would be kinda rude of me if I didn't make the effort Ben lol

Hope to be there(y)

Actually just took a spin up to your house there for a chat but no one about

Last edited:

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
Would be kinda rude of me if I didn't make the effort Ben lol

Hope to be there(y)

Actually just took a spin up to your house there for a chat but no one about
Dammit !!!!!.

I was out buying a dog :joy:

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
Bangers on the Brain!!!!!

The wonderful staff at Tiplers have offered to supply ALL the sausages we need for our Mental Health awareness car meet and our very first "BREAKFAST CLUB"
Not only that, they are supplying us the venue to make it happen.

Thank you to Vivian, Dane, Jordan and ALL the staff.

BANGERS.jpg

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Bangers on the Brain!!!!!

The wonderful staff at Tiplers have offered to supply ALL the sausages we need for our Mental Health awareness car meet and our very first "BREAKFAST CLUB"
Not only that, they are supplying us the venue to make it happen.

Thank you to Vivian, Dane, Jordan and ALL the staff.

View attachment 209677
That's brilliant, I might still be there from the night before+o(:mask:

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
Going to try to make this. Anyone heading from dundonald or ards direction want to share a lift? I’ll even supply the bad music!
There will be strictly no Richie Remo or Marty Mone on the day so fill your boots before arrival.

A6Avant

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Avant
Can we all get peak caps with our names on?! I haven't a clue who anyone is. If I can get rid of the kids for the morning i'll try and make it

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Can we all get peak caps with our names on?! I haven't a clue who anyone is. If I can get rid of the kids for the morning i'll try and make it
I hate that moment when you think you see someone on here, your certain it's them but you still hesitate to approach them incase it backfires

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.