The Grand Tour - Season 2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Likewise great episode. Nice to see that they aren’t mocking people making cars. The videography of some of these pieces is awesome. That list of countries they have visited shows you the effort that’s put into making it too.

I didn’t enjoy the start of the airport piece but it was ok as it went on. I did lol when JC asked the security guard if he wanted to see his penis. It’s exactly the kind of thing I would love to say to the miserable sods sometimes!

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
It’s been 17 years since Wilman and the three boys took over the reigns at TG.

This episode of TGT is ,I honestly think, the best series they’ve ever made hands down. It’s like they’ve finally mastered the mix of everything.
Sad there’s only one more of the series

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z

This episode of TGT is ,I honestly think, the best series they’ve ever made hands down. It’s like they’ve finally mastered the mix of everything.

Totally bang on mate. How many seasons they sign for ?

That last Mongolia episode was fantastic.

Airhead

RMS Regular
Best series of TGT, certainly, but best series they've made in 17 years? Not even close. There's enough to keep me interested but they peaked 10 years ago!

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
@da.murf one more episode of this series and then they defo have another season to shoot but I know they’ve been trying to get a few friends of mine to go work for them long term and rumour is it might be more than one, I guess we’ll see. I know the format is supposed to change to just ‘specials’ but this season has been so strong who knows

@Airhead i personally think it really is but everyone is different

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Havent watched the latest one yet, but so far the series has been great.

I think in part what has helped....is no star interviews and whilst the star in whatever car etc was a bit novel....really not that interesting either. And this recent series has been all the better for those omissions. Like them or loathe them, and whether it is scripted or not, the 3 are a great team together and as much as they are great friends...there's no doubt there are many aspects they hate about each other and it just all works for the TV and show.

But a lot has to go down to whoever arranges all the locations, filming etc, because a lot of the visuals have been superb.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
It’s largely the very same team that started with them 17 years ago Stevie. Imo they are head and shoulders above anything else and I refer to the entire team not just the three boys.

They’ve learned massively from all those years and as you say dropping the star in a car crap etc Amazon have given them virtually free reign as opposed to all the BS and hoops to jump through for the Beeb.
I love that they throw in the odd joke about their screw ups too, such as the recent ‘the American’ gag and the ‘is he not coming on then’ one.
They know when they’ve messed up and have the balls to joke about it.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
It’s largely the very same team that started with them 17 years ago Stevie. Imo they are head and shoulders above anything else and I refer to the entire team not just the three boys.

They’ve learned massively from all those years and as you say dropping the star in a car crap etc Amazon have given them virtually free reign as opposed to all the BS and hoops to jump through for the Beeb.
I love that they throw in the odd joke about their screw ups too, such as the recent ‘the American’ gag and the ‘is he not coming on then’ one.
They know when they’ve messed up and have the balls to joke about it.
I would like to see how Amazon would react if Clarkson had a similar Falklands/Punch/Slope controversy behind him. The BBC takes a lot of flak but really did stand up for them to the last when it most certainly was taken too far.

Carte Blanche does not exist there too. Case in point, Kevin Spacey.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Grooming little boys is a little more serious than a joke made about the Falklands or hitting someone a dig in the jaw, to be fair.

Keeping on topic, I have been loving this new season! Very entertaining and quite informative in parts. I loved the Lancia bit last week.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
I would like to see how Amazon would react if Clarkson had a similar Falklands/Punch/Slope controversy behind him. The BBC takes a lot of flak but really did stand up for them to the last when it most certainly was taken too far.

Carte Blanche does not exist there too. Case in point, Kevin Spacey.
I didn’t mean from that respect, I meant at the Beeb they had bosses who had bosses and all of those bosses had to have an input so every segment of an episode someone insisted it was a good idea and thus despite what Wilman or Jeremy may have thought on the subject they often had no option but to include it.

They don’t have any of that at Amazon, they are largely left to their own devices to make content they see fit and in the case of this season it is paying off dividends

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
I haven’t seen any TGT yet. The beauty is I will go on a complete binge and watch the entire 2 seasons in about a week.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
3 seasons you mean. There have been a few wobblers in the previous ones but I’ve honestly loved this one

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
You'd wonder how they got the first series so wrong....but presumably there was pressure from some "bosses" with the format there.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Maybe Stevie, also think they kinda wanted to stick two fingers up the Beeb a bit too

MagicRat

RMS Regular
Drives
JapScrap
First five minutes of series 1 was brilliant but they must have blown the budget because the rest was dung. Series 3 has been superb week after week and a million miles better than series 1 & 2.

Bryan

RMS Regular
Epic episode. Loved every minute.

The Top Gear Polar episode was my favourite but this one is right up there.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Yes season 1 was a bit of a dogs dinner TBH, season 2 better, and finally seems like they've found their stride in season 3 - I've really enjoyed it, great mix of car reviews, comedy, history bits and specials. Think it has walked (driven?) all over this season of Top Gear in both quality and volume - double the number of episodes!

While I enjoy a couple of specials as much as anyone I think I would tire of an entire season of specials....

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Just watched the latest one there. I’ll not spoil anything but it was fantastic.
Can’t wait to get home to see it, Jeremy was flat out about it on social saying he thought it was good and hoped people liked it

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
6AD75FFE-987D-4F3C-92EE-13AAE1A6B5B8.jpeg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.