The Grand Tour - Season 2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Just watched the driftland vid - they weren't too happy, sounds like they were led on.

Frustrated yeah, disappointed totally.....
But

They just burnt any bridges of potential future work and if the chap ‘peter’ did feel bad and might have favoured them in the future he certainly ain’t going to now.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Totally killing it this season, another great episode with a mixture of fun and serious features.
Corvette piece was fantastic !
Funny piece, Angelina Jolie gets some ribbing lol

Airhead

RMS Regular
Yeah, I thought it was a solid episode and enjoyed the Citroen bit too, daft as it was . So much better than last week's episode - for me anyway.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Enjoyed it myself, but couldn't help thinking the Citroen part was just a remake of Clarksons test of the Fiesta on Top Gear.

joel44w

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap scrap
Enjoyed it myself, but couldn't help thinking the Citroen part was just a remake of Clarksons test of the Fiesta on Top Gear.

Clarkson has done a few tests like this

Remember the twingo in belfast?

Bryan

RMS Regular
I thought it was a good episode. I felt like the Aston has lost the “Astonness” without the trademark front grille. The Corvette piece was brilliant and you could tell James was totally in his element in a true once in a lifetime opportunity. I guess the Citroen piece was in response for people asking for normal car reviews and I guess it was supposed to enforce the fact that everyday cars are so boring it’s impossible to make a an actual review you wouldn’t fall asleep while watching. I was impressed with the off road capability of the Citroen though but it sounded like it was getting a real bashing underneath.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Another great episode, the Aston was a thing of beauty, seeing the genuine excitement in May’s face when driving the Corvette was a great watch and the Citroen part with Clarkson was just funny daftness, which is what Clarkson does best, stupid but very entertaining. More episodes like this please :grinning:

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Definitely the best season so far, really enjoyed the NASA bit. Fast forwarded through quite a bit of the Citroen part if I'm honest, Clarkson can be very funny but that didn't do it for me at all.

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Hot hatch bit was crap. Hopefully Harris does a better review of the ST tomorrow on TG.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Another good episode I thought, it’s just them doing silly things and that what we watch them for, the cars are a bonus.

The old Ferrari and Lambo were class :grinning:

Bryan

RMS Regular
I enjoyed the Ferrari and the Lambo but I'd love to have seen the line up completed with a red 959.

Hot hatch thing was a bit rubbish. Can't be many more episodes left now?

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
sort of felt it was lacking that clarkson did not weigh in with his fav 80s supercar, rest was grim but had to laugh at james 330 ................... thousand for unboxing car

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Going by the clip tonight’s episode looks like a good one, new stratos and singer 911 etc

Last edited:

Bryan

RMS Regular
Amazing looking car - this is how you do a "modern recreation". Didn't like the Integrale at all. If you're gonna make something two door you need to stretch the doors and move the B pillar back otherwise it just looks like a 4 door with the doors welded up.

I loved the quote about things not working in the Lancia because "if they were it would be called an Audi"...

Although the airport sequence was funny I would rather have seen more content like the above :p

JH86

RMS Regular
Have to say cracking episode

That version of a stratos was something else unless you see it from dead on front its grotesque

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.