The Land Rover/ Range Rover appreciation thread

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Thanks.

First option, the good old reset. That would be handy :grinning:

Is there anything i need to worry about disconnecting the battery? Do i need a radio code etc? I got a user manual with the car but it wasn't in the car, they went and got it from another they had in stock so no code in it.

Nope - battery reset is fine for that short space of time

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I’ve disconnected mine for 30 mins before to clear weird electrical faults. Only thing I’ve ever had to do is turn the wheel lock to lock to reset the sensors

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Thanks.

First option, the good old reset. That would be handy :grinning:

Is there anything i need to worry about disconnecting the battery? Do i need a radio code etc? I got a user manual with the car but it wasn't in the car, they went and got it from another they had in stock so no code in it.

Radio code I dont think so I think youll maybe lose radio stations that are saved .... possibly folding mirrors etc.

Might be worth just firing a question to the guys on Ful Fat RR forum. Its really helpful

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Cheers guys

Disconnected main battery and all seems good

On another note, I presume this battery just does the stop start? (Which I have never seen work) so this battery needs changed? Though tbh I’m not bothered with stop start anyway

83B901EC-E3D6-44CD-AFF8-663971CA39C0.jpeg

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Stop start inhibit could be a few things but battery health is the most likely but it could be a stored DTC etc

If you’re not bothered by it working j wouldn’t be replacing the battery just for that symptom as it might not be the cause of the stop start issue

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Stop start inhibit could be a few things but battery health is the most likely but it could be a stored DTC etc

If you’re not bothered by it working j wouldn’t be replacing the battery just for that symptom as it might not be the cause of the stop start issue

Yeah I don’t think I’ll go looking for the issue.

There is some monster 250amp fuses in there too 😳

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
OP
Nickyyy
Drives
RS6 / DC2
Is there Any way to disable the ABS on a l322? It’s ***** in the snow. Traction is grand with acceleration and hill decent control stops the car on an icy hill pretty rapid. Assume it brakes each wheel individually but the ABS is crap and I think I could stop the truck a lot quicker without it.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Everything is so integrated on them I’d be surprised if there’s a simple way to do it that doesn’t involve the thing not lighting up every single thing on the dash, speedo not working and potentially the suspension dropping the car on its arse.

bigZ

RMS Regular
That’s what happened to the discobus, came on the odd time more so on long journeys, then one day it stayed on.

I would hazard a guess and say the compressor or the air tank that stores the compressed air has a leak. Only way to be sure is getting it on a diagnostic machine.

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
That’s what happened to the discobus, came on the odd time more so on long journeys, then one day it stayed on.

I would hazard a guess and say the compressor or the air tank that stores the compressed air has a leak. Only way to be sure is getting it on a diagnostic machine.

Yeah it’s booked into BLRC on the 4th

Warranty is up on the 6th 😳

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
How much is it to extend?

The dealer wanted I think 2 grand for 2 years but the reviews on the RAC warranty were shocking so I didn’t go for it

Tho tbf they paid out no bother for the handbrake issue. Dunno if it’s because the dealers 3 month warranty tho