The Land Rover/ Range Rover appreciation thread

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
One of the first new Model Sports in. Still undecided on the rear end myself, the "demo" tour vehicles spec and colour I didn't mind the rear but over all still undecided a bit too smooth, but the again this hasn't been pdi or had the rear bib fitted so will wait till I see it done

20220831_153749.jpg

20220831_153801.jpg

saxo_man

RMS Regular
One of the first new Model Sports in. Still undecided on the rear end myself, the "demo" tour vehicles spec and colour I didn't mind the rear but over all still undecided a bit too smooth, but the again this hasn't been pdi or had the rear bib fitted so will wait till I see it done

View attachment 373749
View attachment 373750
I was never a fan of the outgoing model, but this looks great I must say. Seen a new Voque in Portofino blue with black wheels at your place. Good looking defender in the background too James :laughing:

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
I was never a fan of the outgoing model, but this looks great I must say. Seen a new Voque in Portofino blue with black wheels at your place. Good looking defender in the background too James :laughing:
Yeah, I have to say I'd be similar the early previous Shape I loved in basically most colours and trims, but the current facelift model I wasn't as sold on, the right colour and etc it looked nice, but on other colours it wasnt quite right imo. but this new model the front and sides for me is just :heart_eyes: the rear I'll wait till I see more off them and more colours.

I love the new vogues, we've had some lovely ones go out recently, finished Ceramic Coating a Charente Grey one this morning (same colour as the new model sport above) with black wheels and cream interior just beautiful, also a Belgravia Green one with tan leather very classy! Aye that defenders alright i suppose :p na as said your defenders a lovely spec/combo!

Bryan

RMS Regular
I've done over 800 miles towing various cars around the country this week alone in my 05 Range Rover. Hasn't missed a beat. In fact in the 8k miles I've had it so far all it has cost is £15 for a pair of front drop links. 90% of that 8k would probably be towing the car transporter as well.

1662139598528.png

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Thanks. When we had been looking I never wanted a cream interior, but when this one came along and I got a proper look, I actually really liked it. It also helped that it was absolutely immaculate. It was a 1 owner car, and fairly certain the driver seat was the only one used.

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads
Thanks. When we had been looking I never wanted a cream interior, but when this one came along and I got a proper look, I actually really liked it. It also helped that it was absolutely immaculate. It was a 1 owner car, and fairly certain the driver seat was the only one used.
Light interior always looks fantastic and brightens cabin
Your disco is just bang on in and out

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
I've done over 800 miles towing various cars around the country this week alone in my 05 Range Rover. Hasn't missed a beat. In fact in the 8k miles I've had it so far all it has cost is £15 for a pair of front drop links. 90% of that 8k would probably be towing the car transporter as well.

View attachment 373896

They are fantastic for this. The mate as a 4.4TDV8 and all it does is tow a transporter doing recoveries. He wouldn't use anything else now.

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
Some updates from the fold, I think my trusty 85 defender 200tdi is sold pending deposit. Been a while since I cut it out of a hedge and spent a few hours on it.

18582154_2013434012223372_6111474397379401009_n.jpg

262683525_3234389486794479_5703049692818772487_n.jpg
DSC_1313.JPG

The new owner has some plans for a cummins conversion and a soft top for her. (I might make a thread on it ill see)

It now raises some questions what to get to replace it. Ive been slumming it in a borrowed 16 D4 graphite that came in for some work and the owner let me borrow it, which tbh ive become quite attached to the 8 speed is a game changer I dont think I could go back to the 6 speed.
Since my time borrowing it ive done a prop, gear selector and a manifold, I do enjoy driving it but the thought of doing another crank in one is there.

1662968959926.png

My only other option is like a 2011-12 L322 4.4 I do like a V8 and they are alot cheaper than the D4 but they look a little more dated to me and the infotainment would need upgrades to match the D4.

Thoughts opinions anything else I should be thinking about.

Cheers,
Ged

Dave..

RMS Regular
Some updates from the fold, I think my trusty 85 defender 200tdi is sold pending deposit. Been a while since I cut it out of a hedge and spent a few hours on it.

View attachment 374791

View attachment 374792View attachment 374793

The new owner has some plans for a cummins conversion and a soft top for her. (I might make a thread on it ill see)

It now raises some questions what to get to replace it. Ive been slumming it in a borrowed 16 D4 graphite that came in for some work and the owner let me borrow it, which tbh ive become quite attached to the 8 speed is a game changer I dont think I could go back to the 6 speed.
Since my time borrowing it ive done a prop, gear selector and a manifold, I do enjoy driving it but the thought of doing another crank in one is there.

View attachment 374794

My only other option is like a 2011-12 L322 4.4 I do like a V8 and they are alot cheaper than the D4 but they look a little more dated to me and the infotainment would need upgrades to match the D4.

Thoughts opinions anything else I should be thinking about.

Cheers,
Ged
Toyota Land Cruiser Amazon V8, are supposed to be great for towing but the ICE would need upgrading