Trackskills Trackday. Today 13th September

neil-c

RMS Regular
Yes great to meet a few RMSers today.

Sadly my track day was a bit of a disaster but also I got very very lucky - a brake pipe behind a underbody tray corroded through at the clip and I lost all brakes while sitting in the pit lane. Literally two minutes later and I would have been doing 100mph round the circuit! Davy from East Engineering brought the car around to his garage and installed two new brakes lines so at least I could drive home. Not very impressed with the mechanic who serviced the car last week - I told him I wanted the brakes checked over and he obviously didn't take off the under trays to look at the lines. But he specifically told me on the phone my window wipers were in good condition!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

And thanks to Gary (can't find your user name!) for the passenger run in his FN2 in the last session. Lapping 1.13 with the two of us in the car and having to slow off for the oil spill was good going!

Last edited:

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
it was a mixed day for me, got a 1.06.12 and a few more in the 1.06 upper range. fueling out of the hairpin and colonial 2 was still an issue due to fuel starvation with the G's. It makes such a difference, on a full tank i dont get it and when i dont get it im pulling 120mph through debtors, when it holds back im only carrying 110 through. need to sort that, but the brakes were great. Nice to meet all you guys!

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
What all do you need to take part in these? Looks like it would be great craic.

warren

RMS Photographer
I have a load of photos up on www.facebook.com/wr6moto if anyone else was there. I think I got a photo of everything! Can't wait to be allowed back in as a spectator, tho I must say where I was standing wasn't bad at all! Could see quite a bit.

Whenever I can bring myself to sell the Boxster I'm going to get myself a Clio 197/200 and have a go at this, it looks absolutely fantastic.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
This went up for sale today. @pablo does this look familiar? 😲 🔥
155C6D4F-48F9-4CFB-9B55-17300CC59C0E.png

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Yes great to meet a few RMSers today.

Sadly my track day was a bit of a disaster but also I got very very lucky - a brake pipe behind a underbody tray corroded through at the clip and I lost all brakes while sitting in the pit lane. Literally two minutes later and I would have been doing 100mph round the circuit! Davy from East Engineering brought the car around to his garage and installed two new brakes lines so at least I could drive home. Not very impressed with the mechanic who serviced the car last week - I told him I wanted the brakes checked over and he obviously didn't take off the under trays to look at the lines. But he specifically told me on the phone my window wipers were in good condition!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

And thanks to Gary (can't find your user name!) for the passenger run in his FN2 in the last session. Lapping 1.13 with the two of us in the car and having to slow off for the oil spill was good going!

No problem taking you out for a spin, it was great to meet you. Hopefully changing the gearbox oil will help to select gears easier. I definitely think we need name tags next time, need to bring back the rms window stickers.

I have a load of photos up on www.facebook.com/wr6moto if anyone else was there. I think I got a photo of everything! Can't wait to be allowed back in as a spectator, tho I must say where I was standing wasn't bad at all! Could see quite a bit.

Whenever I can bring myself to sell the Boxster I'm going to get myself a Clio 197/200 and have a go at this, it looks absolutely fantastic.

You got a great photo of me in the silver fn2. My friend managed to get in by bringing my spare brake pads with him, just bring a random part with you next time and you will be fine 🤣

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
How does the new restrictions affect next trackday?

Just need to know if there's a major panic to get this gearbox done or not lol

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
How does the new restrictions affect next trackday?

Just need to know if there's a major panic to get this gearbox done or not lol

Checkpoints everywhere in the south so I imagine mondello will be for those within the immediate area.

Hopefully last one goes ahead as I'd like to get another one in 😂