Tyre company over tightened wheel nuts, can't get the wheel off.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
The sister just smacked her from wheel off a kurb and wrecked a realitively new tyre.... literally had to hang off my breaker bar sleeved the handle from my trolley jack. They were on rock solid, near put my back out! Asked How they put them on and she said with the rattle gun....thanks Victoria Tyres! I really enjoyed hanging off the locking wheel nut praying it wasn’t gonna snap!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
No need for a rattle gun anywhere near wheel bolts. you’d think tyre centres would have more sense

None whatsoever.

Same way their torque wrenches ( if they use them ) have been screwed up tight forever, so any calibration they might have once had...is well ****ed.

It's only as a last resort I'd ever take anything in to get wheels actually removed/fitted from a car I own. I always take loose wheels in. They dont know how to undo/tighten them, they cannot use jacks properly or take no care whatsoever as to where they jack on, etc etc.
I really have never been to any tyre place that I'd have great confidence in.

Hasnt got to the stage where I'd buy my own equipment yet though, as just dont swap enough tyres etc to justify it

Simon998

RMS Regular
OP
Simon998
Drives
Mini
The sister just smacked her from wheel off a kurb and wrecked a realitively new tyre.... literally had to hang off my breaker bar sleeved the handle from my trolley jack. They were on rock solid, near put my back out! Asked How they put them on and she said with the rattle gun....thanks Victoria Tyres! I really enjoyed hanging off the locking wheel nut praying it wasn’t gonna snap!

What're the chances lol. I managed to loosen the other wheel off myself but it needed a little heat and me jumping up and down on my smaller 45cm breaker bar. It broke the head off my longer breaker the first time I jumped on it. All torqued up correctly now though. Needless to say, we won't be back to whitemountain.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.