RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
* Turns notifications off

:p
Carbon parts look fantastic dude. 👍

haha, if it’s any consolation, he did say that he started the car and ran it briefly but because I hadn’t given him the MaxxECU map sensor kit (and he therefore hadn’t got it fitted at the time), it was over-fuelling and blowing heaps of black smoke.

He has also, got the DBW set up and all seems to be working on that front. Should be mapped this week 🤞

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Car never made it to the dyno yesterday, but I’ve been told it might make it there tomorrow. Lol he did however, send me a better video of the MDash working alongside the RT Dash2 etc.

Today, I demoulded my bonnet and out came a perfect mould. Really excited to get this carbon bonnet made now!

A0248DE9-C209-479E-AA99-885F787F1422.jpeg

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Pretty good day so far although not without teething problems - mainly relating to the actuator spring pressure not appearing to actually be 13PSI as I ordered from Forge Motorsport.

However at 0.8bar, it’s making 287bhp and now we’re going to add some boost.

Here’s a taster for yas

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Sounds absolutely unreal and great numbers on low boost.

I think having a low boost setting such as 0.8 bar would be no bad thing. It honestly won’t be worth a damn in the wet with any more (or even that much tbf lol 😂) should you end up doing a track day and it rains or whatever.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Even 287 in 500kg would be a handful if it's wet :innocent:

But yes, definitely keep that low boost map as an option!

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo

Oh I know all about it! I was out in the wet in mine at Kirkistown and on low boost (at least 60bhp less than Kev!) I was short shifting everywhere and still spinning in all but 6th!

All good fun though 😇

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Sounds absolutely unreal and great numbers on low boost.
I think having a low boost setting such as 0.8 bar would be no bad thing. It honestly won’t be worth a damn in the wet with any more (or even that much tbf lol 😂) should you end up doing a track day and it rains or whatever.

That’s going to be a hairy ride 😲

yeah. Totally agree with you guys and to be honest, I don’t really NEED any more than this. We had some issues with boost control today which haven’t yet been remedied - it has a forge motorsport actuator with a 13PSI spring and as said, it made 287bhp. That was without any fancy timing and whatnot so Mark reckons it can do more if we optimised it at that boost level. It was making 0.2/0.3 bar of boost at 2200RPM and full boost not long after! It’s nuts!

However, when we tried to add boost.....it peaked at 1.8bar at 4200rpm but boost fell off a cliff at that point, all the way down to wastegate pressure at redline. According to Mark, there are likely two possibilities for this - either something to do with the actuator is not controlling boost effectively or the exhaust housing is too small and is restricting power by opening the wastegate against its spring. The option if it’s the latter, is to fit a bigger exhaust housing to the turbo or just optimise the tune at 0.8bar and happy at 300 BHP.

Part of me wants to push the car JUST to see what it can do but part of me wants to just enjoy it being reliable at relatively low levels of boost.

Regardless of the little problems today, I’m delighted that the car is running well, my DIY engine wiring loom clearly works and the car isn’t leaking etc. PROGRESS

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just keep it where it is, and spend the summer actually driving and enjoying the car. It will be a handful already.

And then worry about getting more over winter if you still think it's not enough, lol.

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
You would need to be some pilot to handle it at 300bhp I would say that is more than enough 😂 absolutely awesome stuff

Just keep it where it is, and spend the summer actually driving and enjoying the car. It will be a handful already.

And then worry about getting more over winter if you still think it's not enough, lol.

yeah to be honest, I’ve gone back and forth with what to do if that is the top and I think getting it on the road and enjoying it/keeping it reliable is the decision.

We will see if that actually is the issue though, first.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
All the power is in that head..... 🤪

As long as it's running well, nearly 300bhp is more than enough in one of those, be good to see what it's capable of without starting to change exhaust housings etc.

If theres a boost control issue probably need to get to the bottom of it either way but I'm just glad it works ok. (y)

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
All the power is in that head..... 🤪

As long as it's running well, nearly 300bhp is more than enough in one of those, be good to see what it's capable of without starting to change exhaust housings etc.

If theres a boost control issue probably need to get to the bottom of it either way but I'm just glad it works ok. (y)

haha course it’s all in the head! To be fair, changing the coils and that head work seems to have given me 27bhp! 🤷‍♂️

if the exhaust housing is the issue then we can optimise the map at 0.8 bar and have a reliable 300bhp, which I’ll be happy with!

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
You would need to be some pilot to handle it at 300bhp I would say that is more than enough 😂 absolutely awesome stuff
310bhp in my Caterham was fine, I'd say it went OK, not too much at all......... ....maybe too much for bumpy roads at speed as the suspension travel is small but not for good roads or track.

I hope to do a full road test on this Westfield soon 😂

pablo

RMS Moderator
310bhp in my Caterham was fine, I'd say it went OK, not too much at all......... ....maybe too much for bumpy roads at speed as the suspension travel is small but not for good roads or track.

Was it a turbo?

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6

eh.....no lol

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
This has to be seat number.....8? Seriously, I’ve been through so many seats it’s a joke!

I had a matching B6 for the passenger side but I’ve a rather chunky mate who simply couldn’t fit into it. So, that got punted on and I picked up this perfect little number for my fat mate and whoever else wants a passo run!

It’s a Tillett B5 full carbon and weighs next to nothing.

C32B9A7E-BE62-4237-9837-AD7E7A5D72F7.jpeg

No further progress on the mapping but I’m not concerned about that anymore as it’s almost finished. Should have it back towards the end of the week 🤟