Westfield Wide Body Turbo

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
No contest really, the Image wheels are much better tbh. Wider guards or narrower wheels at the front to sort out how it looks and that's it tbh.
Narrower dish may be the right thing to do as you'll struggle to get heat into the big tyres at the front with such a light car.

yeah mate, definitely needs narrower fronts. Think I’m warming to them. I’d be tempted to go a different colour on the centres.

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
All systems go from here on out as it’s going back for mapping on Monday. YEEOOO

Transmission tunnel nearly finished in full carbon, floor painted in black grip paint, wiring tidied and I got the billet aluminium uprights and hubs fitted as well.

I’m keen to see what these weight reduction changes have made but I’ll be happy to see it anything sub 600kg.

D3802BE8-C7B9-460D-93FE-4A64F7541519.jpeg

E754C171-BC2B-4C1B-A970-6AFDA85F2F8A.jpeg

C4D2642C-99DD-4DE8-AB87-1FA2B2CDF7BE.jpeg

AACAEC9A-CB86-4B88-BC35-E886BE3EC219.jpeg

1AF8154D-535E-4E92-B669-05BA0E6234EC.jpeg

774A22CE-C6AC-4968-9F23-5456C17C32DD.jpeg

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Should be fine as long as the engine assembler did his job ok 🤪

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
I’ve done a couple of back to back 12hr stints at the car to get it ready for tomorrow when it heads to Elite for tuning.

Some of the ‘five minute jobs’ took absolutely ages but it’s pretty much there now. I made an exhaustive list of all the jobs needing done, including a lot of the niggly things that have bothered me since day dot. Great to get them sorte

The interior in carbon has got to be my favourite modification to date - it just looks so fresh.

4E3367FF-48D8-497C-962A-4ADA5C34FC9C.jpeg

9BC8DFD8-E1B4-4084-8F81-EEDCA9F7C487.jpeg

E2474EF7-5890-4E10-A2DC-5BC3730D2DD1.jpeg

938BCCE7-8644-441D-A97D-D7320CA91430.jpeg

I fitted the newly powder coated header and catch tanks as well as AN drain lines etc which fairly tidied up the engine bay.

I also tidied all of the wiring under the scuttle and replaced the terminal connectors on the battery and fuel pump etc. Much happier with things now and less worry of a fire (despite the aptly placed fire stick 😂).

I did unfortunately rip the overflow barb off the radiator when trying to manoeuvre the hose, so that’s a job for @PeteMoore in the morning before a quick dash back to get it refitted before loading it onto the truck.

Exciting times! It will be so good to have this thing mapped and just be able to spend time cleaning it up and enjoying it. I do enjoy tinkering and building at it but I’m fed up of it now lol.

Once I have it back from mapping, I’ll get the transmission tunnel sides fitted, get the rear arches painted properly and fit my front arches/aeroscreen etc.

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Wild man! If I had 1% of your energy..... let alone ability for projects!!!

now, get the HP numbers up.... and get some tyres burnt to the canvas!!

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Wild man! If I had 1% of your energy..... let alone ability for projects!!!

now, get the HP numbers up.... and get some tyres burnt to the canvas!!

haha thanks man. That’s the plan - no more ******* about - up the power and get some miles on it! I’ll maybe have to let you have a look around my heap so I can check out your beauty 😍

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Class, the carbon nosecone looks fantastic!
Looking forward to hearing how it goes. 🤞👍

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Great progress and glad to see it mostly back together! Looking forward to see what numbers you make this time!

I have a fire stick on the way for mine too, it’s the one thing I’m always afraid of especially with the turbo in there as the heat is unreal.

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Class, the carbon nosecone looks fantastic!
Looking forward to hearing how it goes. 🤞👍

cheers man! That’s not even the GOOD nose cone lol. I’ll be glad to get it out of my way for a week so I can make the carbon bonnet 😂
Great progress and glad to see it mostly back together! Looking forward to see what numbers you make this time!

I have a fire stick on the way for mine too, it’s the one thing I’m always afraid of especially with the turbo in there as the heat is unreal.

cheers dude. Definitely agree - fire is always in the back of my head. That’s why I spent some time over the last week sorting out a lot of the wiring - Spaghetti junction just makes you feel uneasy lol.

I’m thinking 350bhp is the realistic target but I have seen similar setups making 400bhp so won’t be surprised to see it beyond 350. I don’t want anywhere near that though because as you know, heat will be a problem and wastegate pressure at 260bhp was so much fun anyway.

how is your car coming on?

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
350bhp would be absolutely insane 😂 I drove mine 200 yards the other day and even with the power I have it would put manners into you!

Spent a good bit of time on mine today, in reality it could be finished but currently making a flat floor just because... Nearly there with that, then a spanner check, fit the fire stick and hopefully be at Kirki on Saturday! Though looking at the forecast I’d be better with a boat 😬

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
350bhp would be absolutely insane 😂 I drove mine 200 yards the other day and even with the power I have it would put manners into you!

Spent a good bit of time on mine today, in reality it could be finished but currently making a flat floor just because... Nearly there with that, then a spanner check, fit the fire stick and hopefully be at Kirki on Saturday! Though looking at the forecast I’d be better with a boat 😬

haha feck that, I wouldn’t fancy trying to manhandle that thing in the wet! I’ll get at least 300 miles on mine to iron out any little issues before I get to kirki.

more than likely be there for the June one 🤟

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Yeah you’re wise! This is a sprint I’m doing though rather than a track day so it shouldn’t be too hard on the car. It’s more just a days craic albeit I’d rather it wasn’t going to be wet!