What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

NotKG

Banned
People that stop in moving traffic to let other cars out or across in front.
when i go to the end of my road they do that , early morning when its busy, im sitting wavin at them to fk off and drive on, its pointless, they stop on oppisite side, what should i do, clise my dam eyed and go for it? ejits

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Not today, but several times over a month I seen this young woman driving a mini from bangor to Belfast, over Craigantlet. Best/worst one was, I was behind her, 2 cars in front of her and a 40ft lorry from I assume the quarry in front of them. She decided to overtake said cars and lorry and didn’t actually get past them until she was round the top of this hill/corner which most people who drive it know it’s blind. Literally thought I was about to witness someone’s death, couldn’t believe it. She is the main reason I now have a dashcam.

11F3397F-9AED-4093-B1E0-F20B6633A405.png

Same woman, I work in Thales now so was driving past the lower Braniel, got caught at the lights and it’s a short run to the right turn onto Castlereagh road. I took off normally with the Mini behind me and a Mercedes to my left, sitting just over 40moh, she started flashing me to move but I couldn’t as the Mercedes was beside me plus I was turning right in a couple of hundred yards. Mercedes dropped back after I sped up slightly, flashed again and I noticed she was looking to undertake so as soon as she looked again I tested my brakes as you do of course... don’t think I’ve ever seen someone have to take evasive action quite like it lol. Then I proceeded to keep up foreign relations when she pulled up beside me and she just looked at me dumbly.

I’ve been driving to Lisburn for nearly 9 years from bangor and to Belfast for 1 year now and to date she is the worst driver I’ve encountered. I honestly think she’s oblivious to how she could be in the wrong. These are just 2 occasions that spring to mind.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
all depends where your siting i guess. . if your the one looking in or out you might think the opposite.

Doesn’t matter what someone might thinks, you shouldn’t stop in moving traffic to let someone out.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Aye, that’s what happened yesterday on my way home and why I added in the bit about letting cars across. I near went into the back of him.

Lee

RMS Regular
Hate it when theres a yellow box on a junction and you leave it free as you're supposed to, and even when you have right of way, the person waiting at the junction takes this as a gesture to pull out in front of you and block the box. Scumbags

genman

G
40+ ftr carrying concrete sewer / pipe sections on the M2 this evening, lane for Fortwilliam , 30mph overhead signs due to multiple accidents , PSNI in attendance on the hard shoulder and the truck driver up my arse flashing his lights to get me to speed up whilst im already doing the right speed...would have made some mess if I'd had to brake and most likely someone else would be typing this ...driver should pay more attention to his load as it was significantly wider than his trailer with no outrigger type markers or rear wide load signage ( passed him on the M1 where he was at 55mph )

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Driving through Ards and a wee lad is sprinting to make it to a pedestrian crossing with the green man.... doesn't make it in time but runs across anyways..... and that's a week after that other child was knocked over in the town. Can't control your kids when they're not with you, but some serious conversations need to happen regularly.

Then this driver in a yellow, newish mini, 2nd time I've seen them do it, risks causing an accident by taking the wrong lane onto the roundabout deliberately to jump 6-7 cars in a queue. They should be following the green line, but uses the fact that folks are blind-sided by their mini to get a jump on them and get into the red marked lane.

dangerousdriver.jpg

If I remember the next time, it'll be reg to the police.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Driving through Ards and a wee lad is sprinting to make it to a pedestrian crossing with the green man.... doesn't make it in time but runs across anyways..... and that's a week after that other child was knocked over in the town. Can't control your kids when they're not with you, but some serious conversations need to happen regularly.

Then this driver in a yellow, newish mini, 2nd time I've seen them do it, risks causing an accident by taking the wrong lane onto the roundabout deliberately to jump 6-7 cars in a queue. They should be following the green line, but uses the fact that folks are blind-sided by their mini to get a jump on them and get into the red marked lane.

View attachment 218917

See that all the time at that roundabout. I need to look twice to make sure no one is cutting me out

Nigelo

RMS Regular
See that all the time at that roundabout. I need to look twice to make sure no one is cutting me out

Near tempted to buy a scrapper, wait for the day I can get alongside and just wait for her to try it!

It's the deliberate "F.U." to all the other drivers waiting for only 10-20 seconds, and then the knowledge that it could well cause an accident, but continues on anyway that really gets me. If there's one thing thats guaranteed to get me annoyed it folks that think they are above everyone else.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
@Nigelo @Dan.86 I am glad I am not the only one to experience that. I always tend to do a customary check before taking the right lane on exit, just in case. The last time I had it, the person was fortunate I did check and was able to allow them to squeeze through! I am willing to sacrifice the immaculate bodywork of my daily beater to prove a point haha ^o)

Nigelo

RMS Regular
@Nigelo @Dan.86 I am glad I am not the only one to experience that. I always tend to do a customary check before taking the right lane on exit, just in case. The last time I had it, the person was fortunate I did check and was able to allow them to squeeze through! I am willing to sacrifice the immaculate bodywork of my daily beater to prove a point haha ^o)

I'll be wiring up my dashcam over Christmas! :grinning:

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
Happens reasonably regularly with wee grey mini in the mornings at the new Park and Ride roundabout before heading onto the M2 towards Antrim. Right lane is exclusively marked for exiting roundabout right to take M2 to Belfast. The left lane towards Templepatrick and M2 Antrim-bound splits beyond the roundabout but is predictably packed. Wee mini flies up outside lane and then deliberately cuts back left in 1/2 way around it.

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
deliveroo bike riders who don,t know what a red light means. i nearly squashed someones takeaway when the bellend rode through a red light on the lisburn road.

genman

G
Near tempted to buy a scrapper, wait for the day I can get alongside and just wait for her to try it!

It's the deliberate "F.U." to all the other drivers waiting for only 10-20 seconds, and then the knowledge that it could well cause an accident, but continues on anyway that really gets me. If there's one thing thats guaranteed to get me annoyed it folks that think they are above everyone else.
Simply just move the the RH lane as you get to the A21...its your lane not the mini's...naf all the mini can moan about and doesn't necessarily leave you in the wrong lane.
Or do the mini's trick in reverse and go for Bangor from the left lane...2 wrongs don't make it right though should there be contact.

genman

G

The exact same happens every day on the westlink citybound..... hundreds bomb up the left lane for city centre only and cut right for the M2 at the last minute or stop in the left lane and indicate right holding everyone up ...buses,trucks,cars all do it and there are regulars each evening .... knock on effect is the drivers who have chosen the correct lane are getting on the attack and closing the gaps and the muppet drivers are just wedging themselves in to gaps that don't really exist...all in all to save a minute or 2 at best.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
The exact same happens every day on the westlink citybound..... hundreds bomb up the left lane for city centre only and cut right for the M2 at the last minute or stop in the left lane and indicate right holding everyone up ...buses,trucks,cars all do it and there are regulars each evening .... knock on effect is the drivers who have chosen the correct lane are getting on the attack and closing the gaps and the muppet drivers are just wedging themselves in to gaps that don't really exist...all in all to save a minute or 2 at best.

Exact same at Sydenham Bangor bound. People like myself trying to merge right from city bound. Look for the natural gaps further up the lane indicate and move in with nobody inconvenienced....Unless you get the knobs who speed up to close the gap.

Conversely, you get the knobs who won’t sit in the M3 queue and move into the onslip to beat the traffic to the lights but that’s something police should monitor.

NotKG

Banned

View attachment 218917

is there a roundabout in ards that follows 12oclock rules ?
there used to be castlebawn, to they actually fixed it for the idiots doing it wrong, and now its wronger, yup, wronger is the word for it.
and idiots signaling right just to join the roundabout? wtf is the instructors smoking?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
The whining in my caddy is starting to annoy me.

Noticeable under load from 40 mph + and maybe more so when cornering.

It could be (hopefully) a bearing.

Hopefully not the gearbox....

Nigelo

RMS Regular
is there a roundabout in ards that follows 12oclock rules ?
there used to be castlebawn, to they actually fixed it for the idiots doing it wrong, and now its wronger, yup, wronger is the word for it.
and idiots signaling right just to join the roundabout? wtf is the instructors smoking?

There's definitely more dodgy roundabouts than standard ones! Can be hard to see the road markings if it's busy, always thought overhead signs would be handier.