What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

emetb73

Drives
w221
Amongst other things (quite alot of things) i hate people forcing their way out of junctions. If you had waited , i may have let you out , but if you edge your way out I'll drive round you. Next is people who stop to let a passenger out or whatever when there's somewhere obvious to pull over , albiet at a very slight inconvenience to them.

I leave it there , i have too many to put on here.
Agree!

KevM

RMS Regular
Here we go again with this roundabout at Hillsborough - not a week or few days go by where I don't come across some moron that isn't paying attention but the last few instances have been the slip road off the dual carriageway and into Hillsborough where the person isn't paying attention to who is joining the road from the roundabout

Numerous occasions they have just ploughed on in front of me without even batting an eyelid - I am now at the stage where I can tell they are not looking and prepare to slow down

Blue: Me
Red: Little miss SUV

View attachment 375515

The amount of folk that straight line that roundabout from the left lane, is horrific too. Like you, I can almost pre-empt it now. The worst case I had, was a Southern woman, who folded my wing-mirror in for me. The side would have been out of both our cars if I hadnt almost been up onto the centre of the roundabout!!

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan
Driving standards full stop getting progressively worse since covid. Just some examples in enniskillen the past 2 days People driving along realising there in the wrong lane, awk sure I'll just push over here no indicator nothing and try to sideswipe the car next to me......
one way system? Naw I'll just drive the wrong way up it and give dirty looks to people looking at me in disbelief and to top it off the I'm too important to queue at traffic lights I'll just drive on the wrong side of the road make people take evasive action and sail through a red light.

I have never seen the like in my life, and the police? They really don't seem to care

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
The tube driving the Kuga this morning in Cloghey who when turning left at a walking pace into a side road, still had to swing out to the right half way into the path of an oncoming van. 🙄
There's just something about the types who drive these dopey softroaders that they think they are driving an articulated lorry when coming to bends and junctions. It's depressing seeing so many of the stupid things on the road.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
WTF she didn't even look :eek:

WAYTWD: just the sheer amount of cars now on the road since the schools are back - because I take different back roads too and from work, I never get a clear run anywhere without coming across an idiot, slow coach, moron, d1ck, tractor, etc...

Turns me into an ass I find with my reaction or aggressive overtaking where I can to then be stuck behind someone else completely voiding the previous action and wasting fuel
You seem to get annoyed a lot on the road - have you thought about giving yourself an extra 5-10 minutes for the journey to see if it helps?

I ask because I hate being late so being on the edge time wise really makes me react to everything on the road

Leaving extra time the same actions don’t bother me because I’m still on time

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
You seem to get annoyed a lot on the road - have you thought about giving yourself an extra 5-10 minutes for the journey to see if it helps?

I ask because I hate being late so being on the edge time wise really makes me react to everything on the road

Yeah, I tend to get more frustrated than annoyed but every instance I post about that roundabout it on the way home when everyone is trying to get home so the likelihood of coming across someone not paying attention is quite high

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well

It's not the given yourself extra time. If you cover miles, it's the people that can take that time spent in the car up hugely.
Some **** sitting at 40 can all of a sudden at 20 minutes onto your journey. Meeting several slow drivers can upset a typical journey time immensely.

I'd contribute far more to this thread but I'd be writing pages, weekly in here. I'm not the world's best driver but when your covering 700/1000 miles a week you see some bs on the roads.

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
VW Golf R Estate: DG20 HYH

Coming back from Ballymena, Carnlough Road outside Broughshane, national speed limit. Line of traffic going between 40 - 45mph due to jeep with sheep trailer and a Mini with R plate in front of me. Golf R back of the line, overtook two cars to get behind me then proceeded to dangerously overtake twice; Firstly coming up to a blind right hander and then by a pub with a blind crest to overtake the jeep with trailer and Mini.

I flashed and beeped when he overtook me as it was completely idiotic, and of course he brake checked me.

Absolute moron. If those three oncoming bikes had have been motoring on, would’ve been a different story.

This is madness, what a cock! I don't really like people flashing when I do a overtake, as they are just being grumpy but the brake test is a line that was crossed, hope you reported this person

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
It's not the given yourself extra time. If you cover miles, it's the people that can take that time spent in the car up hugely.
Some **** sitting at 40 can all of a sudden at 20 minutes onto your journey. Meeting several slow drivers can upset a typical journey time immensely.

I'd contribute far more to this thread but I'd be writing pages, weekly in here. I'm not the world's best driver but when your covering 700/1000 miles a week you see some bs on the roads.
Sorry but the Maths doesn’t add up there (I do this for myself as well to help myself calm down)

For a journey to take 20 minutes longer at 40mph than 60mph means it has to be at least 40 miles long

40 miles at 60mph = 40 minutes
40 miles at 40mph = 60 minutes

Remember that is average speed which is highly unlikely to be that over that distance

So unless every journey is 40 miles plus at 60mph then this isn’t real

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
6R
667EEF25-A577-4266-8BF9-74364DD9281E.jpeg

Older woman in the Juke not paying attention and drifting over the line as someone tries to pass them (don’t think it was done deliberately, just plain carelessness)

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I’ve had a lot of trouble lately later at night with drunks and the brainless trying to walk under my car at night.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Sorry but the Maths doesn’t add up there (I do this for myself as well to help myself calm down)

For a journey to take 20 minutes longer at 40mph than 60mph means it has to be at least 40 miles long

Remember that is average speed which is highly unlikely to be that over that distance

I never worked the maths. Limited people on the roads will sit at a constant speed.

Most road users coast. So the 40 turns to 30 turns to 45 and so forth.

I've seen me doing regular journeys taken 1h30 to well over 2h due to slow drivers not stand still traffic. There's too many variables too take into effect that leaving 5 minutes early will make any impact on a journey. Once in a blue moon you'll notice the difference usually.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
The standard of some R platers. Had one tonight in a blue polo tailgating me in a 40. I was leaving a gap to the car in front, he was practically sitting in my boot. Once we got to the dual carriageway on the A8, he was away well over 60.

Then on the way home had another one stall twice at the lights (no beeps or shouting from any of us behind) in some sort of Ford people carrier thing before setting off on the Amber light.

The second one probably annoyed me more. If you pass a test, you should be able to maintain control of any car at the very least.

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
A couple of R drivers this morning on the Portaferry rd.

They seemed to be racing each other up the road, tailgating, overtaking on blind crests, cutting blind corners and not indicating at roundabouts. Massive crash waiting to happen.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
WTF she didn't even look :eek:

WAYTWD: just the sheer amount of cars now on the road since the schools are back - because I take different back roads too and from work, I never get a clear run anywhere without coming across an idiot, slow coach, moron, d1ck, tractor, etc...

Turns me into an ass I find with my reaction or aggressive overtaking where I can to then be stuck behind someone else completely voiding the previous action and wasting fuel

Aye I’ve seen you once or twice round Belfast. Need to chill out 😬

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo

On a clear run from Magheralin to Dundonald I can do it in 33 mins - now thats not stuck behind anyone, very little time wasted at junctions, hitting my marker points (yes, maybe sad to have these but makes the drive more interesting) early and generally driving pretty hard.

On average my journey takes 41-45mins with the odd 37-39 min if reasonably clear but normally I am just a corner away from being behind a tractor or a granny in a Nissan Note

I genuinely feel good when I get home to the chaos of two kids, dinner to prep, house to tidy, bath times, etc... with a clear run :joy:

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
No matter how well behaved or obedient your dog is, I hate seeing owners letting them walk freely on the pavement beside a busy road - they just need to spot a squirrel and be off like a shot!!

Not an obedient dog then if it did that 🤭

c_rad

RMS Regular
Kilrea road this morning. Dark coloured tracksuit dildo riding an E Scooter up the road, bouncing all over the shop wobbling 3-4 ft side to side all while big headphones glued to his completely clueless bap.

Absolute moron if ever I did see one.

Also Mk5 Golf with no springs pulling out in front of me at the Maxol in Ballymena, narrowly missed the front getting taken off the 5 series.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
It's the people that put the hand up and just drive out.

Had express parcels waiting at a junction all fine, got closer and he just stuck the hand up and drove out had to break hard enough to let him out.

Then in traffic on the westlink. I'd leave my bonnet length or a bit more as a breaker incase maybe a bit more not enough for a car to fit. Guy just turned and went for it, nothing like, can I get in. Just I'm going in here you deal with it. Then shrugged the shoulders when he got in 🤬