New battery
spark plugs
wiper blades
Aux belt tensioner kit
angle eye bulb
Xenon headlight ballast
pollen filter
air filter

Will leave in to my mechanic this week for a service.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Gearbox service today. Funny how all the dealers on the mainland give out new AMGs to try to entice you to change, but Belfast can only rustle up a diesel C class estate 🤮

IMG_20191111_095350_782.jpg

Turbokid89

RMS Regular
Drives
E34,e36M3,skoda
So bought this car few months ago with the intention off doing a manual swap so started yesterday morning for 2hrs on it and it's now complete today

IMG_20191114_165843_492.jpg

IMG_20191114_165843_490.jpg

But while I was doing this on my own was thinking that you don't really see people doing these types off jobs anymore on the street well I don't anyway

Thanks jay

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
So bought this car few months ago with the intention off doing a manual swap so started yesterday morning for 2hrs on it and it's now complete today

View attachment 256515
View attachment 256516

But while I was doing this on my own was thinking that you don't really see people doing these types off jobs anymore on the street well I don't anyway

Thanks jay

I'm the only person in my street washes their own car in the driveway never mind that!

:laughing:

eamon343

RMS Regular

View attachment 256515
View attachment 256516

Thanks jay

What are the wheels on that?

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
View attachment 256302
I have had the Tiguan for a year and took it to Philips for its 2nd service.Today was the first time I had used Philips and was impressed with there fast, friendly and efficient service.

That's quite cool, I can't imagine many garages would have direct visibility of their workshop for the customers to sit and watch as their car gets worked on.

That would almost sway me to using a garage over another like a main dealership

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
That's quite cool, I can't imagine many garages would have direct visibility of their workshop for the customers to sit and watch as their car gets worked on.

There is absolutely no way, I’d want a customer to see into a workshop for a couple of reasons,
1. It’s an invitation for the customer to “get involved”.
2. Working with machinery is sometimes a bit harsh looking but necessary.
3. Fitters aren’t zoo animals but sometimes they act like them.

Simon83

RMS Regular

I thought it was a really good idea! I was always sceptical about main dealer servicing and there so called 100 point checks etc but I was able to see the technicians checking the small things such as tyre pressures and giving the underside a good inspection. To be honest I was the only person in the waiting area really watching everybody else were too busy playing on there phones.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Tried a bit of damage limitation on the car after some dickhead keyed it midweek. Far from perfect due to the extent of the damage, but it'll have to do until I get it painted in the new year. The paint filler still needs flattened and the rear arch needs seeing too tomorrow.

20191115_174012.jpg

20191115_223521.jpg

20191115_223348.jpg

j44nty

RMS Regular
Tried a bit of damage limitation on the car after some dickhead keyed it midweek. Far from perfect due to the extent of the damage, but it'll have to do until I get it painted in the new year. The paint filler still needs flattened and the rear arch needs seeing too tomorrow.

View attachment 256672

View attachment 256673

View attachment 256674

I did a key on my black e46 and it came out fine apart from the fuel filler cap.
buy acrylic clear and paint mix them 50/50 apply with a cotton bud or small brush until it’s proud of the rest then flat it back gentle with 1500 or 2000 with plenty of soapy water. Buff the haze out after. Worked well for me.

Zach57

RMS Regular
There is absolutely no way, I’d want a customer to see into a workshop for a couple of reasons,
1. It’s an invitation for the customer to “get involved”.
2. Working with machinery is sometimes a bit harsh looking but necessary.
3. Fitters aren’t zoo animals but sometimes they act like them.

I agree, if a some customers seen someone hammering at a wishbone they’d have a heart attack.

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
Chipping away at some of the v70 to do list, had an oil service, fuel filter replaced, 2 exhaust gaskets fitted to seal up the blowout, couple or interior rattles fixed with some strategic foam tape placement, this week i was spending some time on the interior.

Took the mats and ran them through the washing maching then wetvac'd to remove heavy soiling (driver floor mat took about 2 hours on its own!)
Vaccum'd the full interior, underneath seats and below boot floor etc
Cleaned and treated the leather with various products I had laying around
Used a scuffmaster kit to see how that worked, happy with the progress the dye takes the worst of the contrast from the wear but still have to tackle the drivers side which is heaviest soiled as expected. That will be seat out job to do right but will make wetvaccing the carpets all the easier.

Found a hidden cargo net built in the rear seats too, bonus!

IMG_20191117_120525.jpg
IMG_20191117_120226.jpg
IMG_20191117_124038.jpg
IMG_20191117_124013.jpg
IMG_20191117_121854.jpg

Scuffmaster dye before and after
IMG_20191117_125537.jpg

IMG_20191117_130935.jpg