What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Not today but last week. Put a deposit on a new one. Got sick of looking at Q5s with big miles and very little coming up in the spec I wanted. One of these came up in my FB feed so looked into them, found the perfect spec and did the deal. This will be our second Kuga, we had the previous one which was a great family car and never let us down. Funnily enough we pass it going through Dundrum on the way to Newcastle!
Hope to pick up next week or week after.
2F616DBD-02C8-4A14-9DF5-0A3917EA31A5.jpeg
79D2EBBE-8B5B-4DDE-AE95-FCC6DE65318D.jpeg

And a picture of our old one. Yea, we don’t like change lol 😂
ECFDEEDC-337E-44A4-BAA1-42374AE75A0B.png

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Had the rear arches repaired, they were only starting to bubble but decided to get them done while I had the money.

Rear bumper spacer modification to stop the arches rusting again

Four rear bumper brackets

Underside corrosion protection

Both ST wing emblems replaced

Both ST side decals replaced

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Not really car, but car related. Wee trailer started getting worse for wear. Metal mudguards fell off with rust so tidied her up a bit today. Only could find a before pic from last summer when up the mountain getting turf. Need to cut off bolts but ran our if grinding discs (cutting exhaust off blazer but that's another thread lol)

View attachment 44243

View attachment 44244

View attachment 44245

@saxo_man can you remember where you got your mudguards? I must’ve tried 20 places this morning and only 2 do mudguards, but round ones and I’m after the same type as yours.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
@saxo_man can you remember where you got your mudguards? I must’ve tried 20 places this morning and only 2 do mudguards, but round ones and I’m after the same type as yours.
Try auto supplies in Banbridge. Or there was a place in Lisburn up a lane opposite the big Texaco petrol station that done trailer parts.

Simon83

RMS Regular
083567B1-531A-46B0-BEA8-DF73CC13E707.jpeg

Almost 1100 miles in the past week with the wife and kids visiting friends and family in the north of Scotland. Spent 6 hours today cleaning inside and out but it started to rain before I got any pictures. The inside was an absolute sh#t tip, probably the worst I have ever seen any car I owned.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Had it in to get one of the side mouldings looked at on the passenger side. It's was dinged before I got the car and I have, from a donor car, replacement ones. Body shop advised though since they'd already been used it's either a) a lot of work to clean the underside so double sided tape works or b) super glue it on, which isn't ideal. They recommended pricing new ones with VW, which they'd then paint and fit.

Priced it all up and it'll probably be £200 all-in. Think I'll just leave it be, not sure whether it's worth fixing at this point. Wheels are in for a refurb on Thursday so should have some nice shiny wheels again soon. DFI basically paying for the refurb after being damaged in a recessed drain about a year ago, only getting round to refurbing now.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Had Dent Division call out and take an annoying dent out of the boot on the Altea...
And while he was out for a few really small but annoying car-park door-dings taken out of the psss her door on my M3...

And then sold my Peugeot 107 to buy a 2013 Mini Cooper D....

Not a bad day :grinning: