What did you do to your motorcycle today?

Wheelchair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rode a 390 Duke, which I’m sure you know has the same engine as the 401, and was genuinely impressed by how well it went! Great engines and very free revving for a single.

Great to hear! I've only heard good things about the bike and it's engine - never ridden one myself so no first hand experience. Should have plenty of poke for all I'll be using it for.

Love the look of those Vitpilens! Such a unique look.

Starting to count down the days now for my delivery now.

Same, it was the 701 Vitpilen that made me get my test - I thought that someday down the line I had to have one. Since then the 401 has grown on me massively.

The Trident you have coming is an absolute beauty. Health to ride, and fingers crossed for decent weather!

Lee

RMS Regular
ad_1615904164362.jpg

Screenshot_20210316-141612.png

I hope this is allowed! This could be a cheap project for someone?

I'd take a look myself if I was closer and had the time

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Too far away, don’t have the spare cash, storage space or even time. Must resist putting it in my parents garage in Groomsport 🙈🤣

Lee

RMS Regular
Noticed this myself and thought it was a typo missing a 1 in front of it. Cracking value bike provided the frame is straight!

I feel like if it was someone trying to sell a stinker they would be looking more for it. I'd like to see someone on here buy it and do a wee tidy up thread

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
That's an absolute bargain. It "looks" honest, it's one of the best-built, most reliable bikes ever. Wish I was closer.

Reactions: Lee

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I’ll bet it sounds and smells delicious 🤤 Any jetting needed for the new pipes?

It does indeed smell and sound just like it should!

And no, I specifically went for these Mutts Nuts midrange pipes as don't want to mess about with jetting and try to keep it relatively standard. These are tried and tested in the club as well and proven to give some of the best results so was a no brainer.

Next is to get the oil pump overhauled and then carbs setup properly and that should be it. Can't wait to get riding it again!

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Adjusted the chain and took a wee run. Surprised how little adjustment was needed reduce the slack.

View attachment 320141
Literally a quarter turn on the adjusters can be enough at times! Chains usually have one spot that is ever so slightly tighter than the rest and you take your tension from there.

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Got a puncture. What's the craic with repairs on motorcycle tyres? Would this likely be suitable to patch?

IMG_20210423_185211.jpg

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Don't see why that couldn't be plugged from the inside unless things have changed in the last 10 years.

Reactions: ALN