Whats going on with MOT Availability at the moment?

Rarely sure

RMS Regular
Drives
old V8
I’ve an extension to June but I’m debating trying for an appointment anyway ...
I would leave it to June if I were you! Mine was at 8 o'clock last night. 'bloody nippy standing about in minus 3, or whatever it was.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Ah right ok. I don't get the concern about 24 months though, if the govt give you another extension past 24 months then it's legal. It's still your own responsibility to keep the car roadworthy.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Trying to book an MOT online all morning and it kicks me out saying contact your local centre for a booking. Anyone else found this?

My mums motor is due next week, was supposed to be Jan last year, then March.

Both mine and my wife's car have just been extended from Jan to June and July.

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Trying to book an MOT online all morning and it kicks me out saying contact your local centre for a booking. Anyone else found this?

English car by any chance?

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
I got one booked on fri night for Monday morn, but the online appointments seemed to be limited and were disappearing fast. Ballymena and mallusk it just said none available.

Mark King

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars

Tried myself and it Said the site is down for maintenance

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Managed to get my focus and the A5 booked today. Focus is due at start of Feb, but no availability whatsoever at Lisburn, Newry or Craigavon. Managed to get next Sunday in Ards. Seemed to be loads of appointments, but none for any other day.

Christopher

RMS Regular
Drives
Skyline GTR
MOT up on 31st Jan. Tried to book a date today. Went through Cookstown, Craigavon, Lisburn, Armagh, Omagh......nothing avaliable inside 30days. just empty!

had to change the date field to the following month, and got 18th Feb in Craigavon. Itll be its first MOT here as it was an English car, and my tax is due on 1st feb also.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
My MOT was due to expire on 19th January, I only bought the car in October so not sure when the MOT actually previously expired on it. Contacted DVA last week to see if it was getting extended or what was going on and they said it would be. Finally today it has been extended but oddly only for two months so it now expires 19th March!

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Went to book one there.

GovUK site says it expires on 18th February. DVA site says it's not due until 19th April?

Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 11.33.39.png

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Just checked my wifes car there on gov.uk:

1610365917056.png

So tried to book an MOT. Got one for this afternoon at 5:45pm. Decided to book it. Then got this message:

1610365899349.png

I'm guessing the DVLNI is the information that is correct for us, as in, it has test until the 31st July? Not going ahead with booking the test anyway.

vezna

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Just booked for 27th February. A lot of people I know have been getting extensions but for some reason I haven’t. Presumably because next month will be 12 months since I had a mot.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Mine has gone from 18th of January to 18th of July overnight. That would take it to 2 years from it was last tested. I'll update my calendar reminder now.

JH86

RMS Regular
MOT up on 31st Jan. Tried to book a date today. Went through Cookstown, Craigavon, Lisburn, Armagh, Omagh......nothing avaliable inside 30days. just empty!

had to change the date field to the following month, and got 18th Feb in Craigavon. Itll be its first MOT here as it was an English car, and my tax is due on 1st feb also.

Ards was the only think I found that worked. From 5th of Feb iirc

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
My car was extended from Feb 21 to April 21. It was originally due April 20.

Last MOT it went through was April 2019. So not expecting anymore extensions.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Mines to April 2021 too. Last test before that was some time in 2013 so that's a fairly decent extension lol

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Ffs, I was trying to be organised and booked mot for one of the cars a few weeks early as it was the only date I could get. It was due 2nd Feb. It failed on a rear fog light which wasn't bright enough and a split gearbox gator or something along those lines.

Just checked the mot checker again and it got a bloody 6month extension, if only I had of waited 4 more days 😡 now sitting with a car failed mot that got a 6month extension 🤣

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Mine has gone from 18th of January to 18th of July overnight. That would take it to 2 years from it was last tested. I'll update my calendar reminder now.
Just checked my daily hack 207, it's been given a TEC from February to April as well.