What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
IMs, Rms and borescore wher the reasons I sold mine, gaz from hartech in England will tell you all you want to know, ims and Rms you can semi sort but bore score is a more expensive issue, if you’ve the money to sort it and you like the car then the 996 is a good buy, they are 10/15k cheaper than the 997.2 for that reason.

My money will always go on the 997.2 esp with easier resale in mind.

Perfect mate, that's good info, thank you! I've the 997.2 on the list anyways, though I did have the 996 Turbo on there an all, guess its in the same boat as the rest of them? 987 Cayman R the same also?

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
The want is strong for a Boxster at the minute, 981’s are dropping nicely too. Just cannot get Mrs Lyons out of the Golf and into something more sensible otherwise I would be back in a convertible 😔.

a309faf0b2b5483aaed9f94e01bc256a.jpg

Porsche Belfast have a lovely Agate Grey one in for circa 36k iirc. Was in looking at it the other day, it's class, love the black interior and red belts.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Perfect mate, that's good info, thank you! I've the 997.2 on the list anyways, though I did have the 996 Turbo on there an all, guess its in the same boat as the rest of them? 987 Cayman R the same also?

Cayman R is the later EFI engine , I don't think it has the same issues as the earlier 987 model 3.4 engine. Similar to 997.1 versus 997.2

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Cayman R is the later EFI engine , I don't think it has the same issues as the earlier 987 model 3.4 engine. Similar to 997.1 versus 997.2

Cheers mate, I really need to start reading up on these ffs, maybe get some time tomorrow and decide what to do

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Cayman r is a very very special car, as is the Boxster Spyder. Has to be manual with carbon bucket seats though!

Cayman R in Peridot Green is unreal!

View attachment 237809

Yes that would do me alright! Can't afford a GT4 yet(and would rather a GT3 for the money now as unlikely to ever afford a GT4 the rate they're going up) so will look at these instead. That colour and spec would be ideal!

996 turbo is a different engine to the normal carrera cars.
Ah balls, more reading to do then ffs! 😂

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Sorry gav, Trev has already cleared it up, the 996 and 997 turbo engines are different from the na same period! Seem fairly bulletproof too, a nice 996 manual turbo would be a good buy, I just prefer the 997 lights and interior tbh, id agree that the gen 2 cars are overpriced at the moment but they seem to eventually sell, a gen 2 car, I feel, will always command a premium over a gen 1

It all comes down to how risk adverse you are, many will buy the 996 and 7 and not worry but many will not, nearly all will buy a 997.2 for that very reason thus the pricing, I had a 996 4s, I know what it’s like to worry about it blowing up and handing you a 10k + bill, Porsche are offering warranty on cars up to 15 years now, it’s the only way I’d own a 996 or 997.1, I wouldn’t have a warranty on a gen 2 as they seem to give a lot less issues as a whole.

If I was flush I’d actually go for a 991 gts! Love those cars

Just my thoughts:grinning:

Last edited:

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Where do people get their leased cars? All the sites I've looked at seem to be mainland companies.

JCM

RMS Regular
Drives
E39
Well ****. I seem to have posted on the wrong thread. Was looking at the lease thread but somehow posted here...Oops

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Sorry gav, Trev has already cleared it up, the 996 and 997 turbo engines are different from the na same period! Seem fairly bulletproof too, a nice 996 manual turbo would be a good buy, I just prefer the 997 lights and interior tbh, id agree that the gen 2 cars are overpriced at the moment but they seem to eventually sell, a gen 2 car, I feel, will always command a premium over a gen 1

It all comes down to how risk adverse you are, many will buy the 996 and 7 and not worry but many will not, nearly all will buy a 997.2 for that very reason thus the pricing, I had a 996 4s, I know what it’s like to worry about it blowing up and handing you a 10k + bill, Porsche are offering warranty on cars up to 15 years now, it’s the only way I’d own a 996 or 997.1, I wouldn’t have a warranty on a gen 2 as they seem to give a lot less issues as a whole.

If I was flush I’d actually go for a 991 gts! Love those cars

Just my thoughts:grinning:

Cheers for that mate. The only thing in the back of my mind is that whatever I buy is going to have to do a 4K mile trip across Europe in a couple of months, plus the Nurburgring and alpine passes along the way. In some respects the C63 is ideal for it, it’s just not special enough to look at when the garage door goes up.

Will look more into the 911s tonight here, I’m the same as you and prefer the looks and interior of the 997 🤔

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Cheers for that mate. The only thing in the back of my mind is that whatever I buy is going to have to do a 4K mile trip across Europe in a couple of months, plus the Nurburgring and alpine passes along the way. In some respects the C63 is ideal for it, it’s just not special enough to look at when the garage door goes up.

Will look more into the 911s tonight here, I’m the same as you and prefer the looks and interior of the 997 🤔
I remember driving to the ring in my first E92 M3 and wishing the whole way there is was in my previous M5 for the comfort. Then once on the ring I was very glad I wasn’t in the M5 !

Thing is, it’s very hard to get a car that can do everything and still have that air of being special about it....

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix

My 996 carrera 2 was the best car I’ve ever had. Never gave any problems in my ownership but I over think everything and the thought of that big bill was ruining it for me. So I bought a nice reliable evo:joy:

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
All high mileage high performance, be difficult to shift those on anywhere. Those db7 are very tempting though, nice ones across the water for £20k

I had a supercharged db7, animal on the wet roads and a lovely car to be in.

If I seen a good one at 14k, I’d buy it

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
yo mate

the ideal car for that is an S2000! :grinning:

just done a eurotrip with over 3k and plenty of alpine roads and passes ... and it was a hoot

As i said to you before its all about the drive and user engagement with the car!

good luck in yer search, im sure whatever the outcome is it will be interesting ...

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos

Caynan R will be a better driving experience and a good investment. No issues with them either :grinning:

If you even want a rip in a normal cayman your more than welcome. An R is immense!