What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy

It has a chorno package and he's going a board maybe leaving by ship (his spelling ), not really interested i know it's it cat d and the fit of the front bumper is a bit suspect but it's actually quite well specced and low miles

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah

It has a chorno package and he's going a board maybe leaving by ship (his spelling ), not really interested i know it's it cat d and the fit of the front bumper is a bit suspect but it's actually quite well specced and low miles
🤢 I feel I'll after looking at that front end

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
A mate sent me this... if I thought I could afford parts/servicing... why wouldnt you? Why are the prices on these so low? Definitely missing something or surely everyone would be at them for that price? Are they a time bomb or dead or...? I know nothing....but Ferrari V8 ftw.
IMG-20200112-WA0001.jpg

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
A mate sent me this... if I thought I could afford parts/servicing... why wouldnt you? Why are the prices on these so low? Definitely missing something or surely everyone would be at them for that price? Are they a time bomb or dead or...? I know nothing....but Ferrari V8 ftw.
View attachment 262440

That would look nice with the mesh style grille. Bet it sounds good too!

I’m not sure about reliability unfortunately

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
View attachment 262440

A family friend had a new 3200 years ago and it gave bother continuously. He replaced it with a 456 which was had the maintenance costs of a bicycle in comparison.

That was always enough to put me off a Maserati!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I've been in discussions with someone over the last couple of days about a DSG Tiguan. It has 62k and a full VW history, but has never had the DSG oil changed. I found out this morning (thanks to Phillips) that it had a mechatronics unit and gearbox replaced under warranty at 32k miles. Something in the back of my head is putting me off now that its had such a major component replaced, but am I being ridiculous? Could it alternatively be seen as a good thing even?!

Opinions?

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Yea being replaced would be good. Esp by warrenty so it's fitted by VW. When I had the audi I serviced the unit every like 28k which is way under what it's meant to be. But it was for peace of mind

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
I've been in discussions with someone over the last couple of days about a DSG Tiguan. It has 62k and a full VW history, but has never had the DSG oil changed. I found out this morning (thanks to Phillips) that it had a mechatronics unit and gearbox replaced under warranty at 32k miles. Something in the back of my head is putting me off now that its had such a major component replaced, but am I being ridiculous? Could it alternatively be seen as a good thing even?!

Opinions?

Mechatronics units do fail - the DSG oil change isn't recommended until 40,000?

Good thing is that you do get a new warranty on any parts replaced as long as they are fitted at Volkswagen! The new box, wouldn't even require its first change yet until 72k!

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36

Opinions?

It can happen, a friend has had a full drivetrain replacement in his 2017 Fiesta ST with less than 20k miles...

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Mechatronics units do fail - the DSG oil change isn't recommended until 40,000?

Good thing is that you do get a new warranty on any parts replaced as long as they are fitted at Volkswagen! The new box, wouldn't even require its first change yet until 72k!

I'm assuming it failed 8k before the oil was due (at 32k), new unit which had oil in it obviously, then as you say its not due now until 72k. Currently on 62k.

How long is that warranty though? The box would've been fitted in August 2017.

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
I'm assuming it failed 8k before the oil was due (at 32k), new unit which had oil in it obviously, then as you say its not due now until 72k. Currently on 62k.

How long is that warranty though? The box would've been fitted in August 2017.

I'm pretty sure that you then get the 3 years warranty again on parts and labour - it might be 2 but I think it's 3

carson555

RMS Regular
I had to get a water pump replaced under VW warranty within the first 3 years. I have another coolant leak and was advised that the replacement water pump’s warranty is only valid until the warranty for the vehicle expires (October 2019).

It is my understanding that any parts replaced outside of warranty are guaranteed for two years.

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
I'm pretty sure that you then get the 3 years warranty again on parts and labour - it might be 2 but I think it's 3

I just asked our Service Manager there and the parts and labour warranty is two years on parts that have been replaced

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I spoke to Listers there and they said it was 2 years too, irrelevant though as that was August 2019!

They confirmed the timing belt was done at 32k also which was nice though.

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW

Stunning Riv Blue R8 :heart_eyes:

Reminds me of @WSM Riv Blue, although think the new FL version is perfect.

Reactions: WSM