What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
My fondest memory of Shetlands was me handing the barman in Captain Flints £200 to keep the bar open while boys did c*ke off the pool table & the engineer was getting nailed in the toilets. She was mint to be fair.

Haha hope it wasn't my sister 🤔 She looks like me, but with long hair, so definitely mint 😂

Aye its not a bad night out, I enjoy a night out every 5 or so years when I go home to see everyone. Couldn't be doing it every weekend mind! Flints would soon get boring!

I remember once when I took my first Skyline home and made Pg 5 of the Shetland Times paper - "Police are trying to trace the driver of a high powered Japanese saloon car seen overtaking erratically leaving Lerwick" 😂😂😂

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
So with the other half moving branch for work she is taking her car (our main family car) and I'm left to do the school run with the mighty A3 and honestly it is too small. That combined with the fact she will be working every other weekend now means it's almost impossible to go anywhere with the dogs and Elena when MJ is working so I've started looking at cheap, practical, roomy yokes....sort of settled on one of these...

$_86.JPG

Any one any experience with these? Seem like a decent motor to me, torquey, frugal, reliable diesel engine, 4 wheel drive, plenty of room in the back and the seat folding setup is class. I suppose as with any car of this age you have to check for rust mainly but anything else to look out for?

Gambit

RMS Regular
So with the other half moving branch for work she is taking her car (our main family car) and I'm left to do the school run with the mighty A3 and honestly it is too small. That combined with the fact she will be working every other weekend now means it's almost impossible to go anywhere with the dogs and Elena when MJ is working so I've started looking at cheap, practical, roomy yokes....sort of settled on one of these...

$_86.JPG

Any one any experience with these? Seem like a decent motor to me, torquey, frugal, reliable diesel engine, 4 wheel drive, plenty of room in the back and the seat folding setup is class. I suppose as with any car of this age you have to check for rust mainly but anything else to look out for?

fella in work had one and never give him any bother and he drove it back & forth to Poland every year, sold it was 166k mile on it. after having it 12yrs

Concern on that one above would be the clutch given it looks to tow that caravan behind it

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
fella in work had one and never give him any bother and he drove it back & forth to Poland every year, sold it was 166k mile on it. after having it 12yrs

Concern on that one above would be the clutch given it looks to tow that caravan behind it

Good to hear but yes fair point, I know the clutch in these is expensive to buy so I'll be paying close attention to that on anything I view (y)

JonnyG-Tturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
R35 Evo9 Ep3
Good to hear but yes fair point, I know the clutch in these is expensive to buy so I'll be paying close attention to that on anything I view (y)
We had one a fair few years ago, never again. Dont get me wrong engine & gearbox fantastic but chassis is crap & littered with rattles, knocks, bangs, clunkes - I replaced springs, shocks, air con pump, wiper motor (common fault) then gave up & sold it cheap.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
We had one a fair few years ago, never again. Dont get me wrong engine & gearbox fantastic but chassis is crap & littered with rattles, knocks, bangs, clunkes - I replaced springs, shocks, air con pump, wiper motor (common fault) then gave up & sold it cheap.

Awww don't tell me that. I'm torture for picking up on rattles and knocks

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
Had one of these 2010. Very reliable zero bother, pretty boring mind you, but sure that’s what your after.

$_86.JPG

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza

$_86.JPG

My wife is on her 3rd crv, the first 2 were that shape and she put roughly 160000 between the two with no issues at all. The clutches can slip after a while if towing anything big, but put the proper oil in them and change the diff oil and you shouldn’t have any problems.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW

Love this

Last edited:

robbiers2000

RMS Regular
Drives
ford focus tdci